J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process involved meeting with hiring manager and group head in one interview, and shortly after meeting with HR to discuss next steps. Questions we very straight forward and interviewer wanted to get a feel for my abilities as a candidate and interest in performing the role.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was why I wanted to work at JP Morgan.   Answer Question

Century City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Recruited through a headhunter for the Wealth Management Group. Position was market analyst and performance support for high net worth clients. Made it through first round of onsite interviews from candidate pool of 32 applicants. Had a great second interview and met with Senior Managing Directors. Making a connection with the specific Producer was crucial.

Interview Question – Standard psychometric questions - what are your weaknesses? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sucessfully negotiated a salary increase, though that took a few days and some internal discussions. Positions are budgeted, but they will make allowances depending on how much they want you.

Senior Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Had 2 HR interviews and 2 Management Interviews

Interview Question – What motivates you to work?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!