J.P. Morgan Software Developer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview for internship took place at the University. Very pleasant recruiters. Questions about personality were asked then proceeded to ask simple questions about OO programming. Questions were either C# or Java. Asked about abstract and interfaces and other basic functions of OO programming. This interview was for software development.

Interview Questions
  • First software interview and nothing was out of the ordinary for a software developer interview based on research.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Initial 1:1 interview on campus. Mostly just screening. Then a "day in the bank" with two 1:1 interviews (one HR, one about programming skills) as well as a game played with a group to test how well you play with others.
    It's pretty easy to do well on the game test - just be very polite and ask everyone if they agree on a step before continuing.

Interview Questions
    • If you had twelve identical looking-balls except that one weighed more or less than the other 11, and could weigh the balls (or any subset) three times, how can you find the correct ball and whether it weighed more or less?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Went through a recruiter; did two telephone screens first, then a 3+ hour on-site. Spent some time with human resources going over retirement planning, insurance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked very technical questions about the .NET framework and very little about practical/everyday experience   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 v 1 2 rounds
    group project, discussion and presenting ideas

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was set up a while back. I felt that the job description was not clear enough in saying that the position required mainly webservices knowledge which I had a smattering of. I had the said pre-requisites but the Webservices questions were many and threw me off. Also, I think the interviewers were behaving badly. I think once they muted and were laughing. I saw no reason whatsoever for it. A little unprofessional, I would say.

Interview Questions
    • What are the advantages of using Apache CXF over Apache Axis ?   Answer Question
    • How will you configure Hibernate? Where is the object type mentioned ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

This was interview for C2C position. Interview was setup by a recuriter who contacted me based on my resume on corp-corp. Questions were on some very basic concepts but very poorly articulated. Part of it was due to poor line connection. Seemed like an international call.

Interview Questions
    • Whats new in .NET 4.0   View Answer
    • Whats will be displayed if there are four matches between two tables when using outer join? what if it was an inner join?   View Answer
    • whats yield?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

I was interviewed for Software Developer Role.There were 2 rounds.First one was technical which went fine.After that a managerial round was conducted with a panel of 2 people.The interviewers were friendly,polite and professional.Both the rounds went fine and I am awaiting the feedback for the last 2 days.If the feedback is positive HR round may happen.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on engineering related stuff like complexity of algorithms   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

I was called by HR to meet with the hiring manager for the role. I happened to be in New York City for a few days and scheduled the interviews, one technical and one with hiring manager immediately.

As I walked into the reception area and asked for the hiring manger, the receptionist, though helpful, could not reach him. I stood waiting there waiting for 45 minutes (the reception area had no chairs or benches), meanwhile the receptionist called the hiring manager every 5 minutes. When she could finally reach him, I had only little time left because I had to catch my flight back home. I only had enough time for a 15 minute chat with the hiring manager.

I didnt think the hiring manager was very excited about the role. He mentioned that it was a backfill and the last guy switched to the business side.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!