J.P. Morgan Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

On campus interview- two rounds. They set up a booth at my school's spring career fair and instantly offered an on-campus interview the next day, after reviewing my resume.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

It was a great process. Had two back to back interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer described the analyst role that I had applied for and was very friendly. I was asked questions related to Database management systems like normalization and why it is done. I was also asked about different uses of hashing and hash maps/hash tables in java. The interviewers asked about my previous project work and asked me to elaborate on some projects that they found interesting. The internship dealt with application development as well as technology analyst roles.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about specific tools that I had used for my projects   View Answer

Got a better offer.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview for internship took place at the University. Very pleasant recruiters. Questions about personality were asked then proceeded to ask simple questions about OO programming. Questions were either C# or Java. Asked about abstract and interfaces and other basic functions of OO programming. This interview was for software development.

Interview Questions
    • First software interview and nothing was out of the ordinary for a software developer interview based on research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Initial 1:1 interview on campus. Mostly just screening. Then a "day in the bank" with two 1:1 interviews (one HR, one about programming skills) as well as a game played with a group to test how well you play with others.
    It's pretty easy to do well on the game test - just be very polite and ask everyone if they agree on a step before continuing.

Interview Questions
    • If you had twelve identical looking-balls except that one weighed more or less than the other 11, and could weigh the balls (or any subset) three times, how can you find the correct ball and whether it weighed more or less?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Went through a recruiter; did two telephone screens first, then a 3+ hour on-site. Spent some time with human resources going over retirement planning, insurance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked very technical questions about the .NET framework and very little about practical/everyday experience   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I applied online and had to pass an online numerical reasoning test. After that I had the option to select the date of my assessment center.

The interview itself was generally easy and completely standard. It involved doing several interviews (with technical and behavioral questions) and a group exercise. In the end I had the option of discuss my interview performance with an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Define a function that calculates the number of possible combinations of n items from a set of m items.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 v 1 2 rounds
    group project, discussion and presenting ideas

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was set up a while back. I felt that the job description was not clear enough in saying that the position required mainly webservices knowledge which I had a smattering of. I had the said pre-requisites but the Webservices questions were many and threw me off. Also, I think the interviewers were behaving badly. I think once they muted and were laughing. I saw no reason whatsoever for it. A little unprofessional, I would say.

Interview Questions
    • What are the advantages of using Apache CXF over Apache Axis ?   Answer Question
    • How will you configure Hibernate? Where is the object type mentioned ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Initial communications through agency were normal. Interview was well organised. Interview consisted of technical and team development questions. Was asked back for further HR interview which was only to discuss benefits. Received contract in post.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of negotiation opportunity. I could probably have negotiated but I didn't feel like it. The offer was ok.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

This was interview for C2C position. Interview was setup by a recuriter who contacted me based on my resume on corp-corp. Questions were on some very basic concepts but very poorly articulated. Part of it was due to poor line connection. Seemed like an international call.

Interview Questions
    • Whats new in .NET 4.0   View Answer
    • Whats will be displayed if there are four matches between two tables when using outer join? what if it was an inner join?   View Answer
    • whats yield?   Answer Question