J.P. Morgan

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Interview is on exam and lab exercise

Interview Question – All reasonable   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiters are very nice and patience. Need to answer multiple behavior questions.

Interview Question – Describe the project that you participated.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – It was clear and good not very demaning but very solid and appropriate and solid and clear still very good and clear and concise

Interview Question – It was clear and good not very demaning but very solid and appropriate and solid and clear still very good and clear and concise   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

Interview Details – I went to one interview with JPMorgan, the question were basic interview questions. How well do you work in a group? List a time where you were group leader and in detail tell me how you organize the team. The whole interview lasted about 30 mins, they asked me about COBOL and database questions, just to see how much I knew about them.

Interview Question – List some of the functions from the language COBOL?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – They pretty much looked at your transcript to see if you qualified for the position and in a group interview they just wanted to see if you would mesh well with their team.

Interview Question – What do you know about life cycle of product applications?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer let me talk about my past experience briefly. There are some behavior questions and lots of
knowledge based question. They use GPU in some of their projects and I have a lot of experience on that.
They asked me what card and CUDA version I am using, how do I debug. All other questions are about C++:
derivation, virtual function, OOP example, can there be exceptions in a destructor, singleton, abstract factory etc.

Interview Question – Most questions are about C++:
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was very polite. Technical questions vary from very easy to hard. I have failed in the very first interview.

Interview Question – What is C++ auto_ptr. Simple search in google returns the answer.

Difference between STL Vector and List - google again (dynamic memory allocation and so on).

Difference between C++ struct and class - mainly that all members of a struct are public by definition. Also struct can not be used instead of typedef and class is a type.

Implement atoi(const char* s) - I suggested something like

count = 10*count + (*s-0x30);
     s++;
  }
}

You are given an array which contains pairs of number and one number without a pair. Find the pair. For example, {1,4,1,6,8,4,6}. The number without a pair is 8. The expected answer is XOR between all numbers.

What is GOF - Gang of four 4 authors of "Design Patterns: .. " Erich Gamma, Richard Helm or Gang of Four.

Explain overloading and overriding in C++.

Does Python support overloading?

And so on.

This was phone interview and I guess I could answer correctly all the questions if I search google every time. I decided that this is pointless in my case. I failed to answer most of the questions related to C++.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself

Interview Question – You need to read the implication given by the interviewer   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Interview Details – It is purely based on the person or group of persons taking the interview. One of them asked questions randomly but related to the profile, while other person asking questions based on the experience mentioned in the resume. I had 2 rounds of telephonic and 1 face to face with the team member and it was very positive for me. Once you answer the questions positively then everything is fine. However, some managers do not like person with extra ordinary qualities to hire, they take it as danger for them.

Interview Question – I did not find any question difficult.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1 technical from US to screen; Spanned for 45 mins. 1 f2f with four member panel spanning for 2.5 hrs. Detailed background check.

Interview Question – Technical questions based on situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was accepted from the company.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!