J.P. Morgan Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview is on exam and lab exercise

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Recruiters are very nice and patience. Need to answer multiple behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I went to one interview with JPMorgan, the question were basic interview questions. How well do you work in a group? List a time where you were group leader and in detail tell me how you organize the team. The whole interview lasted about 30 mins, they asked me about COBOL and database questions, just to see how much I knew about them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviewer let me talk about my past experience briefly. There are some behavior questions and lots of knowledge based question. They use GPU in some of their projects and I have a lot of experience on that. They asked me what card and CUDA version I am using, how do I debug. All other questions are about C++: derivation, virtual function, OOP example, can there be exceptions in a destructor, singleton, abstract factory etc.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about C++: derivation, virtual function, OOP example, can there be exceptions in a destructor, singleton, abstract factory etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

They pretty much looked at your transcript to see if you qualified for the position and in a group interview they just wanted to see if you would mesh well with their team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about life cycle of product applications?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

We were taken to a house next to the office. The atmosphere was very warm and it seemed that they tried to reduce the stress as much as possible. The interview itself had 4 stages. You are given 3 problems to solve in 45 mins. In pseudocode or code etc. I didn't find them challenging, yet the time limit is quite small. 2nd stage is 1 on 1 discussion with and interviewer about your answers and design choices. Also general discussion about technologies. 3rd stage is competency interview. I found this one to be the hardest one, as it felt like interviewer was looking directly into my soul. Read through the website of JP morgan and their projects. It's gonna go a long way 4th stage - group activity. 10 minutes to prepare 30 mins to do the task given. Hint: Track the time remember the names of your colleagues and include them in the conversation. Overall - very awesome experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very polite. Technical questions vary from very easy to hard. I have failed in the very first interview.

Interview Questions

• What is C++ auto_ptr. Simple search in google returns the answer. Difference between STL Vector and List - google again (dynamic memory allocation and so on). Difference between C++ struct and class - mainly that all members of a struct are public by definition. Also struct can not be used instead of typedef and class is a type. Implement atoi(const char* s) - I suggested something like { int count = 0; while (*s) { count = 10*count + (*s-0x30); s++; } } You are given an array which contains pairs of number and one number without a pair. Find the pair. For example, {1,4,1,6,8,4,6}. The number without a pair is 8. The expected answer is XOR between all numbers. What is GOF - Gang of four 4 authors of "Design Patterns: .. " Erich Gamma, Richard Helm or Gang of Four. Explain overloading and overriding in C++. Does Python support overloading? And so on. This was phone interview and I guess I could answer correctly all the questions if I search google every time. I decided that this is pointless in my case. I failed to answer most of the questions related to C++.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Tell me about yourself

Interview Questions

• You need to read the implication given by the interviewer   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Interview

Invited to assessment center. Had two 1 - to - 1 interviews. The first interview was technical and focus on various aspect of computer science. The second was competency based and focused on past experience and personal skills. Both interviewers were very friendly. The final part was a group exercise. The assessment center was half-day long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

1 technical from US to screen; Spanned for 45 mins. 1 f2f with four member panel spanning for 2.5 hrs. Detailed background check.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was accepted from the company.