J.P. Morgan

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview is on exam and lab exercise

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Software Engineer Interview

Interview Questions
    • It was clear and good not very demaning but very solid and appropriate and solid and clear still very good and clear and concise   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Recruiters are very nice and patience. Need to answer multiple behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

I went to one interview with JPMorgan, the question were basic interview questions. How well do you work in a group? List a time where you were group leader and in detail tell me how you organize the team. The whole interview lasted about 30 mins, they asked me about COBOL and database questions, just to see how much I knew about them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

The interviewer let me talk about my past experience briefly. There are some behavior questions and lots of
    knowledge based question. They use GPU in some of their projects and I have a lot of experience on that.
    They asked me what card and CUDA version I am using, how do I debug. All other questions are about C++:
    derivation, virtual function, OOP example, can there be exceptions in a destructor, singleton, abstract factory etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about C++:
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

They pretty much looked at your transcript to see if you qualified for the position and in a group interview they just wanted to see if you would mesh well with their team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about life cycle of product applications?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

The interview was very polite. Technical questions vary from very easy to hard. I have failed in the very first interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is C++ auto_ptr. Simple search in google returns the answer.

Difference between STL Vector and List - google again (dynamic memory allocation and so on).

Difference between C++ struct and class - mainly that all members of a struct are public by definition. Also struct can not be used instead of typedef and class is a type.

Implement atoi(const char* s) - I suggested something like

count = 10*count + (*s-0x30);
           s++;
        }
      }

You are given an array which contains pairs of number and one number without a pair. Find the pair. For example, {1,4,1,6,8,4,6}. The number without a pair is 8. The expected answer is XOR between all numbers.

What is GOF - Gang of four 4 authors of "Design Patterns: .. " Erich Gamma, Richard Helm or Gang of Four.

Explain overloading and overriding in C++.

Does Python support overloading?

And so on.

This was phone interview and I guess I could answer correctly all the questions if I search google every time. I decided that this is pointless in my case. I failed to answer most of the questions related to C++.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Tell me about yourself

Interview Questions
    • You need to read the implication given by the interviewer   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Invited to assessment center. Had two 1 - to - 1 interviews. The first interview was technical and focus on various aspect of computer science. The second was competency based and focused on past experience and personal skills. Both interviewers were very friendly. The final part was a group exercise. The assessment center was half-day long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

1 technical from US to screen; Spanned for 45 mins. 1 f2f with four member panel spanning for 2.5 hrs. Detailed background check.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions based on situation   View Answer
    No negotiation was accepted from the company.