J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Penn State University, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met JPMC reciter at a school sponsored networking event and was told to apply online. Submitted application through my university career website. Later was invited to schedule a 1hour phone interview. The phone interview was two 30 min back to back 1 on 1 interviews. I heard back about a week later and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what the 4 lines of business at JPMC are and tell me a little about each one.   Answer Question
  • What have you seen lately in the news in regards to the Financial industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

On campus interview applied through LionsLink. a lot of social and behavioral questions. It was very relaxed, interviewers were very nice. For some reason they are making me put fifty characters down. This is dumb

Interview Questions

• Total cost 2.50. Bat is one more dollar than the ball. How much is each?   1 Answer
    • Your business has extra cash. What would you do with it?   1 Answer
    • What are the expenses, liabilities, assets for a coffee shop   1 Answer
    • Name the different sectors of JP Morgan and what they do   Answer Question
    • Time where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process in ok overall. Just know the role you are applying for and why you want to do that job, also do your homework, understand what is going on around the markets as well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process was pretty clear cut. A phone screening that covered fit/behavioral questions to see if there is a fit. Then, JPM flew me out to a superday. At the office, I went through a series of interviews that was mostly behavioral, but with technical intertwined within each question. For instance, if one of your answers talks about stocks, they will dive deeper to see if you actually know about stocks and bonds. Pretty clear cut.

Interview Questions

• What's something going on the market and how has that affected JPM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Greenwich, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief 20 minute phone call asking about myself and my resume, why JP, etc. Followed by an in-person interview where 4 people rotated in every 30 minutes. There were basic questions about my own resume and how my past experiences could connect to helping the asset management team over the summer. There were no technical questions asked during either of my interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Online app, 1st round phone interview in december, and I also had a super day in the NYC headquarters. Freshman & sophomore program so it was competitive, but networking helped a lot. It's really about the fit - company is wiling to train you if they think you are a good fit for the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The process took almost 3 months. 1 phone interview, 1 superday and 1 additional final phone interview. The superday lasted about 4 hours with back-to-back interview with VPs and MDs. Everyone was very nice, and professional. Some interviewers tried to intimidate me with more difficult questions, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Application

Interview

On-campus interview with two VPs in the Dallas GNPH division. One 30-min interview, then I received an email detailing the superday about a week later. I had one superday interview the following week (two weeks after my initial interview) that lasted 30-min. I was told I would be there all day, though, so that was a bit upsetting.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions for the first interview: give an example of leadership, what would you do if you were paired with a bad team, etc 2nd interview was more or less: walk me through your resume line-by-line   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two in person Interviews that were done on campus but I know several others who did one via phone and one at a superday in Newark, DE. My first interview was with an analyst who had been working full time for 2 years at JP Morgan. Second Interview was conducted by the Campus recruiter. Both interviews were behavioral. No major technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how do do a Vlookup and a Pivot table in microsoft excel? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for summer interns