J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.3

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took almost 3 months. 1 phone interview, 1 superday and 1 additional final phone interview. The superday lasted about 4 hours with back-to-back interview with VPs and MDs. Everyone was very nice, and professional. Some interviewers tried to intimidate me with more difficult questions, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

On-campus interview with two VPs in the Dallas GNPH division. One 30-min interview, then I received an email detailing the superday about a week later. I had one superday interview the following week (two weeks after my initial interview) that lasted 30-min. I was told I would be there all day, though, so that was a bit upsetting.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions for the first interview: give an example of leadership, what would you do if you were paired with a bad team, etc

2nd interview was more or less: walk me through your resume line-by-line

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two in person Interviews that were done on campus but I know several others who did one via phone and one at a superday in Newark, DE. My first interview was with an analyst who had been working full time for 2 years at JP Morgan. Second Interview was conducted by the Campus recruiter. Both interviews were behavioral. No major technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how do do a Vlookup and a Pivot table in microsoft excel?
      Why JP Morgan?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for summer interns

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my college's job posting (resume and cover letter), along with about half my class during this recruiting season, and got contacted by HR a week later to set up an interview time. It probably helped that I had been networking with upperclassmen interns and alumni from my school at JPM for several months prior to applying (learning buzzwords to include on the CL, getting my resume reviewed, etc.). Recruiters came to campus to give information/networking sessions, and interviews were 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were fired from our company, what would be the reason?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First Round Phone Interview by a college alum for the Winning Women Program. Mostly behavioral questions like why IB, and resume questions. In the end I was asked about some basic questions regarding bonds and equity and my opinion on the current economy. The interviewer was very friendly . The program, although a diversity program, seems to be very competitive and each school is given very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
    • When do firms choose to issue equity and when do they choose debt?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Recruited for the Launching Leaders scholarship program for Equity Research. First round interviews are behavioral phone interviews. Second round interviews take place on the second day of a 2-day program; on the first, candidates are introduced to the scholarship program and meet people from the firm and their divisions of interest.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were mostly behavioral. A few valuation-related and investment questions, such as using discounted cash flows, financial statements, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply through campus website, got notification for conducting first round interview at campus career center. the first round are mostly behavior. Nothing really tricky but just be nice, genuine and passionate about the position. Interviewer are nice and conversation went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self, teamwork, leadership, and past experience (student organization, internship experience), etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The interview was the first-round phone interview for the accelerated program Winning Women. I got the interview from the on-campus recruiting without networking with anyone. The interviewer was an analyst and was very nice. Mostly behavioral questions about what I wrote on resume, with a little insights on markets.

Interview Questions
    • As your past experience was not in the United States, how do you follow the market when you come back? Would you like to talk about what is happening in an industry you are familiar with? Or anything you want to talk about the market.
      Could you describe what you have learned from your past internship experience? And what leads you to what you are applying for now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through JP Morgan corporate website through early consideration. Got called by HR within two weeks of submission. I had two first round phone interviews, which basically constitutes basic team behavior and why questions. Check JP Morgan website advice center, they ask every single example questions. Give them terrific answer for why JP Morgan. I got notified within a week to invite me to a superday on friday. I had three back to back interview with one VP, one Executive Director and one MD. The interview has minimal technical questions, but they try to push you to ask them insightful question inorder to test your knowledge on the market, company and industry. Be well prepared and read the WSJ. I hear back from the firm on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • Since you tell me one weakness, can you tell me another weakness of yours?
      Can you help me compare the advantages and disadvantages in working both in New York and Hong Kong.
      How would globalization of RMB would impact a firm's liquidity?
      What;'s the most enjoyable and least enjoyable part in solving a group conflicts.
      Tell me one are that should be improved in your university and how you will implement the change?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for intern. Accept it or decline it.