J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On campus interview applied through LionsLink. a lot of social and behavioral questions. It was very relaxed, interviewers were very nice. For some reason they are making me put fifty characters down. This is dumb

Interview Questions
  • Total cost 2.50. Bat is one more dollar than the ball. How much is each?   View Answer
  • Your business has extra cash. What would you do with it?   View Answer
  • What are the expenses, liabilities, assets for a coffee shop   Answer Question
  • Name the different sectors of JP Morgan and what they do   Answer Question
  • Time where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview process in ok overall. Just know the role you are applying for and why you want to do that job, also do your homework, understand what is going on around the markets as well.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The process was pretty clear cut. A phone screening that covered fit/behavioral questions to see if there is a fit. Then, JPM flew me out to a superday. At the office, I went through a series of interviews that was mostly behavioral, but with technical intertwined within each question. For instance, if one of your answers talks about stocks, they will dive deeper to see if you actually know about stocks and bonds. Pretty clear cut.

Interview Questions
    • What's something going on the market and how has that affected JPM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Online app, 1st round phone interview in december, and I also had a super day in the NYC headquarters. Freshman & sophomore program so it was competitive, but networking helped a lot. It's really about the fit - company is wiling to train you if they think you are a good fit for the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took almost 3 months. 1 phone interview, 1 superday and 1 additional final phone interview. The superday lasted about 4 hours with back-to-back interview with VPs and MDs. Everyone was very nice, and professional. Some interviewers tried to intimidate me with more difficult questions, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

On-campus interview with two VPs in the Dallas GNPH division. One 30-min interview, then I received an email detailing the superday about a week later. I had one superday interview the following week (two weeks after my initial interview) that lasted 30-min. I was told I would be there all day, though, so that was a bit upsetting.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions for the first interview: give an example of leadership, what would you do if you were paired with a bad team, etc

2nd interview was more or less: walk me through your resume line-by-line

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two in person Interviews that were done on campus but I know several others who did one via phone and one at a superday in Newark, DE. My first interview was with an analyst who had been working full time for 2 years at JP Morgan. Second Interview was conducted by the Campus recruiter. Both interviews were behavioral. No major technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how do do a Vlookup and a Pivot table in microsoft excel?
      Why JP Morgan?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for summer interns

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my college's job posting (resume and cover letter), along with about half my class during this recruiting season, and got contacted by HR a week later to set up an interview time. It probably helped that I had been networking with upperclassmen interns and alumni from my school at JPM for several months prior to applying (learning buzzwords to include on the CL, getting my resume reviewed, etc.). Recruiters came to campus to give information/networking sessions, and interviews were 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were fired from our company, what would be the reason?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First Round Phone Interview by a college alum for the Winning Women Program. Mostly behavioral questions like why IB, and resume questions. In the end I was asked about some basic questions regarding bonds and equity and my opinion on the current economy. The interviewer was very friendly . The program, although a diversity program, seems to be very competitive and each school is given very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
    • When do firms choose to issue equity and when do they choose debt?   Answer Question