J.P. Morgan

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Question – How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – One on Campus Interview 1 hour,30 mins with each interviewer.

Interview Question – If you noticed an error in a deck 5 minutes before the presentation what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with internships.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – The interview focuses on the market recent news, mostly fit and behavioral questions. Interviews are very friendly and relaxing. Did not pass the phone interview. Applied online through their website. The process takes 1 month.

Interview Question – Why JPM?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Question – nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Generally people in JP Morgan are really nice. They are always happy to help you and trying to be nice during the interview. They also hold a reception before the formal interview (though I have no idea whether this is university specific or not.....) But generally they offer a lot of oppotunity and trying to be nice all the time.

Interview Question – Generally some fit question and a case interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Participated in an initial phone interview after submitting my resume for the position through my University's Career Services website. Was contacted and asked to interview on short notice (1-2 days depending on what interview slot you picked). The interview was mostly behavioural, as expected, and focused on aspects of my resume and leadership positions. Interviewer threw in a few situational questions, in asking about times it was difficult to deal with unfavourable coworkers, etc.

Interview Question – I was interviewing for the Analytics & Strategy group for the program, and the one technical question I was asked: After rolling out a new card (banking, credit, something), the sales numbers were not hitting the projected forecasts? What do you do to find out why and what do you suppose we do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services, invited to second round superday

Interview Question – Sell me anything in this room.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – The school career center held resume drops. I got invited for first round interview which was 50/50 behavioral and technical. Nothing to difficult. After a week I received an email from a VP expressing interest and he asked to me to do another interview over the phone. His interview was all behavioral.

Interview Question – If you won 10 million dollars would you still want to continue with the interview process?   View Answer

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I applied online through their website and also applied to super days. I didn’t get invited to the super day but did get an interview. The 1st round interview was a phone call- the questions were mainly behavioral to see if you were a good fit. There were also a few macro economic questions / questions about the markets.

Interview Question – pitch a stock   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email to interview about a month later.

Interview Question – Why JPM? Why not corporate finance, nonprofit, or consulting?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.