J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.4

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

College career service provided the chance. Application document was resume only. First round was a skills exam, and the next and the final round was a on-site interview.
This was not a regular summer program, and I believe that this entire hiring process was conducted by the department only, not by the human resource department.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

One on Campus Interview 1 hour,30 mins with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you noticed an error in a deck 5 minutes before the presentation what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation with internships.

Summer Analyst Interview

The interview focuses on the market recent news, mostly fit and behavioral questions. Interviews are very friendly and relaxing. Did not pass the phone interview. Applied online through their website. The process takes 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question
    none

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Generally people in JP Morgan are really nice. They are always happy to help you and trying to be nice during the interview. They also hold a reception before the formal interview (though I have no idea whether this is university specific or not.....) But generally they offer a lot of oppotunity and trying to be nice all the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Participated in an initial phone interview after submitting my resume for the position through my University's Career Services website. Was contacted and asked to interview on short notice (1-2 days depending on what interview slot you picked). The interview was mostly behavioural, as expected, and focused on aspects of my resume and leadership positions. Interviewer threw in a few situational questions, in asking about times it was difficult to deal with unfavourable coworkers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for the Analytics & Strategy group for the program, and the one technical question I was asked: After rolling out a new card (banking, credit, something), the sales numbers were not hitting the projected forecasts? What do you do to find out why and what do you suppose we do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The school career center held resume drops. I got invited for first round interview which was 50/50 behavioral and technical. Nothing to difficult. After a week I received an email from a VP expressing interest and he asked to me to do another interview over the phone. His interview was all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If you won 10 million dollars would you still want to continue with the interview process?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online through their website and also applied to super days. I didn’t get invited to the super day but did get an interview. The 1st round interview was a phone call- the questions were mainly behavioral to see if you were a good fit. There were also a few macro economic questions / questions about the markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (3)