J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.4

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

First Round Phone Interview by a college alum for the Winning Women Program. Mostly behavioral questions like why IB, and resume questions. In the end I was asked about some basic questions regarding bonds and equity and my opinion on the current economy. The interviewer was very friendly . The program, although a diversity program, seems to be very competitive and each school is given very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
  • When do firms choose to issue equity and when do they choose debt?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply through campus website, got notification for conducting first round interview at campus career center. the first round are mostly behavior. Nothing really tricky but just be nice, genuine and passionate about the position. Interviewer are nice and conversation went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self, teamwork, leadership, and past experience (student organization, internship experience), etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The interview was the first-round phone interview for the accelerated program Winning Women. I got the interview from the on-campus recruiting without networking with anyone. The interviewer was an analyst and was very nice. Mostly behavioral questions about what I wrote on resume, with a little insights on markets.

Interview Questions
    • As your past experience was not in the United States, how do you follow the market when you come back? Would you like to talk about what is happening in an industry you are familiar with? Or anything you want to talk about the market.
      Could you describe what you have learned from your past internship experience? And what leads you to what you are applying for now?
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

College career service provided the chance. Application document was resume only. First round was a skills exam, and the next and the final round was a on-site interview.
    This was not a regular summer program, and I believe that this entire hiring process was conducted by the department only, not by the human resource department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

One on Campus Interview 1 hour,30 mins with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you noticed an error in a deck 5 minutes before the presentation what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation with internships.

Summer Analyst Interview

The interview focuses on the market recent news, mostly fit and behavioral questions. Interviews are very friendly and relaxing. Did not pass the phone interview. Applied online through their website. The process takes 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question
    none

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Generally people in JP Morgan are really nice. They are always happy to help you and trying to be nice during the interview. They also hold a reception before the formal interview (though I have no idea whether this is university specific or not.....) But generally they offer a lot of oppotunity and trying to be nice all the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Participated in an initial phone interview after submitting my resume for the position through my University's Career Services website. Was contacted and asked to interview on short notice (1-2 days depending on what interview slot you picked). The interview was mostly behavioural, as expected, and focused on aspects of my resume and leadership positions. Interviewer threw in a few situational questions, in asking about times it was difficult to deal with unfavourable coworkers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for the Analytics & Strategy group for the program, and the one technical question I was asked: After rolling out a new card (banking, credit, something), the sales numbers were not hitting the projected forecasts? What do you do to find out why and what do you suppose we do to increase sales?   Answer Question