J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

There was online testing, competency questions and then a first round interview at their offices in London. Also I had to submit my CV. I had previously undertaken an insight visit at JPM, but this didn't help at interview, although I think it was important in me being able to get to interview in the first place
The first round interview consisted of two 45 minute competency based interviews.

Interview Questions
  • How much money would a buffet car on a train travelling from Glasgow to London make, on average   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Smooth process. I applied for Sales and Trading and made it to the assessment centre.

No telephone interview, once you passed online tests you had two first round competency based interviews in Canary Wharf with all expenses kindly paid. Very standard competency questions, lots of motivation; essentially they were trying to see if you fit.

Assessment centre was three interviews with the different desks which asked everything, brain teasers, competency and technicals.

Finally we were asked to pitch a stock 1to1 with a VP/MD based a stack of financial papers. Very difficult, grilled your opinions heavily and picked up any weaknesses in your argument.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

College career service provided the chance. Application document was resume only. First round was a skills exam, and the next and the final round was a on-site interview.
    This was not a regular summer program, and I believe that this entire hiring process was conducted by the department only, not by the human resource department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Applied online and received an email to interview about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Why JPM? Why not corporate finance, nonprofit, or consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

1st round interview with two people - they asked some technical questions (accounting) and behavioral stuff like "walk me through your resume". Lot of time at the end where I asked them questions about the firm. Got a call from them 5 hours later inviting me for a 2nd round (superday).

The superday lasted a total of 4 hours. I probably had 7 interviews, and there were anywhere from 2 to 4 people interviewing me at a time (15 - 20 minutes per interview). I met everyone from 1st year analysts to the MD's. Everybody was friendly, but there was a lot of technical questions (some brainteasers, lot of finance, some accounting). Every interview also had a lot of behavioral questions. I got a call from them the same day with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • With a X% interest rate, how long does it take to double my money?   View Answer
    This was for a summer position. The only negotiation was me asking for an extra week to make the decision, which they were fine with.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Phone interview, asked some pretty tough questions about interest rates. Overall pretty good. Brain teaser was asked; the interviewer was encouraging. Asked for a resume walk-through, and asked for preferences in terms of placement within the firm.

Interview Questions
    • How will inflation affect the economy?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Got a phone interview that went pretty well. Then was invited to the office to interview in person. About 20 other candidates were in the office at the same time. We all had five interviews on the same day, rotating from one employee's office to another.

Interview Questions
    • If the Fed increased 50 basis points, how would bond prices be effected?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The superday consisted of 3 interviews with VP's and up. We were asked typical information about our background and professional experiences, as well as our extra-curricular involvement with our schools. Be prepared for a slew of technical questions as well, as JPM is typically more technical than most firms in their interviews. Valuation techniques, market sentiments, and stock pitches should be expected.