J.P. Morgan

3.4

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
  • nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Generally people in JP Morgan are really nice. They are always happy to help you and trying to be nice during the interview. They also hold a reception before the formal interview (though I have no idea whether this is university specific or not.....) But generally they offer a lot of oppotunity and trying to be nice all the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions
    • How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Participated in an initial phone interview after submitting my resume for the position through my University's Career Services website. Was contacted and asked to interview on short notice (1-2 days depending on what interview slot you picked). The interview was mostly behavioural, as expected, and focused on aspects of my resume and leadership positions. Interviewer threw in a few situational questions, in asking about times it was difficult to deal with unfavourable coworkers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for the Analytics & Strategy group for the program, and the one technical question I was asked: After rolling out a new card (banking, credit, something), the sales numbers were not hitting the projected forecasts? What do you do to find out why and what do you suppose we do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The school career center held resume drops. I got invited for first round interview which was 50/50 behavioral and technical. Nothing to difficult. After a week I received an email from a VP expressing interest and he asked to me to do another interview over the phone. His interview was all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If you won 10 million dollars would you still want to continue with the interview process?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online through their website and also applied to super days. I didn’t get invited to the super day but did get an interview. The 1st round interview was a phone call- the questions were mainly behavioral to see if you were a good fit. There were also a few macro economic questions / questions about the markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Applied online and received an email to interview about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Why JPM? Why not corporate finance, nonprofit, or consulting?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Applied through career services, invited to second round superday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I applied for JPMorgan's Summer Analyst internship though my university's career services website. Received an email from their HR office in Chicago about three weeks later requesting an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview went smoothly and consisted of mostly behavioral and fit questions. I was interviewed by one senior and one junior underwriter for approximately 30 minutes. About a week later I was contacted again for a second round of interviews - this time at their downtown office in Salt Lake City. Both interviewers were senior underwriters, and the questions were again mostly behavioral and fit. The second interview lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you didn't get along with your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been given an assignment that was ambiguous? If so, how did you complete it?   Answer Question
    • Why JPMorgan?   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for interns, but starts at $26.40/hour.