J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then Super Day

Interview Question – Mostly "tell me about a time"...   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – Easy phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – The superday consisted of 3 interviews with VP's and up. We were asked typical information about our background and professional experiences, as well as our extra-curricular involvement with our schools. Be prepared for a slew of technical questions as well, as JPM is typically more technical than most firms in their interviews. Valuation techniques, market sentiments, and stock pitches should be expected.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – Mainly behavior questions with some analysis on financial statements including EBITDA margins, operating margins, net income, and others. Individuals were very kind and willing to help if you didn't understand their question completely. Got a call back one day later.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for JPMorgan's Summer Analyst internship though my university's career services website. Received an email from their HR office in Chicago about three weeks later requesting an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview went smoothly and consisted of mostly behavioral and fit questions. I was interviewed by one senior and one junior underwriter for approximately 30 minutes. About a week later I was contacted again for a second round of interviews - this time at their downtown office in Salt Lake City. Both interviewers were senior underwriters, and the questions were again mostly behavioral and fit. The second interview lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Pay is non-negotiable for interns, but starts at $26.40/hour.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview composed one third of fit questions and two thirds of technical questions such as your favorite stock, how to value a retail firm

Interview Question – Go through your resume   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – on campus interview for summer analyst position with jp morgan
not too bad, interviewers were recent college graduates who have only been with jp morgan for 1-2 years
mostly behavioral, a few questions about company (who is CEO?)

Interview Question – How to calculate retained earnings?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1st round interview with two people - they asked some technical questions (accounting) and behavioral stuff like "walk me through your resume". Lot of time at the end where I asked them questions about the firm. Got a call from them 5 hours later inviting me for a 2nd round (superday).

The superday lasted a total of 4 hours. I probably had 7 interviews, and there were anywhere from 2 to 4 people interviewing me at a time (15 - 20 minutes per interview). I met everyone from 1st year analysts to the MD's. Everybody was friendly, but there was a lot of technical questions (some brainteasers, lot of finance, some accounting). Every interview also had a lot of behavioral questions. I got a call from them the same day with the offer.

Interview Question – With a X% interest rate, how long does it take to double my money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was for a summer position. The only negotiation was me asking for an extra week to make the decision, which they were fine with.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – Everything was very orderly, they tried to setup a pre-interview reception which was cancelled due to weather. Interview questions were very basic, nothing overly technical and no question meant to throw you off. They wanted to see my ability to think and were interested in how closely I follow markets.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went well, it seemed to be positive enough to get an offer; however, they did not feel I was a right fit for the job. This could have been very well true. Overall I still feel they are one of the best financial services firms in the industry to work for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan