J.P. Morgan Summer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 interviews total. The first one was 45 minutes, with 2 people. The second and third interview were each 30 minutes on the same day, with 4 more people (2 each interview). Lots of behavioral questions in the first and third interviews, but the second was mainly just us getting to know each other and talk about the company and job opportunity. Everything was pretty relaxed and the interviewers were great.

Interview Questions
No negotiation for interns, pay depends on the year you are (sophomore, junior, senior)

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

On campus interview through career services

Interview Questions
    • Apply a current event that relates to the internship position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Applied Online and was then offered an interview through my schools on campus recruiting program. They only held one round of interviews and selections were made from that one interview.

Interview Questions
    • You spend $2.50 on a bat and a baseball, the bat cost one dollar more than the ball. How much does each one of them cost?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two individual interviews in the first round and invited to the super day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are an analytical or quantitative person?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

first round interview: general questions about motivation, brainteasers, working in groups, showing leadership abilities. The interviewers were friendly and overall it was not too stressful.

I passed the first round interview and was called for a second round and assessment center. The interview process lasted for a day. It included a case study to prepare which we were given 30 minutes.
    In addition I was asked questions on leadership, brainteasers, teamwork, current economic environment, and more specific questions, such as "How would you calculate the cost of capital for a firm?"

Interview Questions
    • If you had a rubik's cube with 10 little squares on each side, and peeled off the outer layer, how many little cubes would you end up with?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Assessment Centre in London office. Consisted of Networking Lunch, Role play, group discussion and two competency based interviews.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone call and then 4 in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • what would you do to your MD if he is involved in something unethical under working umbrella   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Two individual interviews - each about 30 minutes.
    The types of behavioral questions were:
    1) Tell me about yourself.
    2) Tell me about a time when you finished a project within a short time frame.
    3) Tell me about a time when you made an unpopular decision.
    4) Tell me about a time when a team member was not doing his/her responsibility and how you dealt with it.
    Some of the technical questions:
    1) Tell me what you know about JPMorgan Chase.
    2) What are assets, liabilities, equity and examples of them?
    3) What are some accounts on the income statement and how does it relate to cash flows?

Overall, the questions are not that bad, but definitely prepare yourself to feel confident.
    Do some research for some questions for the interviewers; they were definitely interested in the questions I asked.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Full day assessment centre:

1. Numerical test: standard 20 minute numerical test similar to SHL
    2. 1:1 interviews with each of the group members who I was going to work with if offered the position. 20 to 30 minute long. Typical CV walk through, a couple of competency questions and brain teasers. Generally relaxed atmosphere and the interviewers were very friendly.
    3. Presentation: given 3 acquisition options, asked to present my preference with supporting arguments to one of the interviewers
    4: Group discussion: asked to discuss about the acquisition proposal with other candidates whilst the interviewers were observing us. We all were asked to back the proposals which were different from our initial proposals in the 1:1 presentations

The whole process was from 9AM to 3-4PM with a 30 minute lunch break.