J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. The first one was 45 minutes, with 2 people. The second and third interview were each 30 minutes on the same day, with 4 more people (2 each interview). Lots of behavioral questions in the first and third interviews, but the second was mainly just us getting to know each other and talk about the company and job opportunity. Everything was pretty relaxed and the interviewers were great.

Interview Question – How would you count the trees in Central Park?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns, pay depends on the year you are (sophomore, junior, senior)

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview through career services

Interview Question – Apply a current event that relates to the internship position   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied Online and was then offered an interview through my schools on campus recruiting program. They only held one round of interviews and selections were made from that one interview.

Interview Question – You spend $2.50 on a bat and a baseball, the bat cost one dollar more than the ball. How much does each one of them cost?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Two individual interviews in the first round and invited to the super day.

Interview Question – Do you think you are an analytical or quantitative person?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – first round interview: general questions about motivation, brainteasers, working in groups, showing leadership abilities. The interviewers were friendly and overall it was not too stressful.

I passed the first round interview and was called for a second round and assessment center. The interview process lasted for a day. It included a case study to prepare which we were given 30 minutes.
In addition I was asked questions on leadership, brainteasers, teamwork, current economic environment, and more specific questions, such as "How would you calculate the cost of capital for a firm?"

Interview Question – If you had a rubik's cube with 10 little squares on each side, and peeled off the outer layer, how many little cubes would you end up with?   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Assessment Centre in London office. Consisted of Networking Lunch, Role play, group discussion and two competency based interviews.

Interview Question – How many meals were eaten during the Olympics   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Phone call and then 4 in person interviews

Interview Question – what would you do to your MD if he is involved in something unethical under working umbrella   View Answer

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Question – How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – Two individual interviews - each about 30 minutes.
The types of behavioral questions were:
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Tell me about a time when you finished a project within a short time frame.
3) Tell me about a time when you made an unpopular decision.
4) Tell me about a time when a team member was not doing his/her responsibility and how you dealt with it.
Some of the technical questions:
1) Tell me what you know about JPMorgan Chase.
2) What are assets, liabilities, equity and examples of them?
3) What are some accounts on the income statement and how does it relate to cash flows?

Overall, the questions are not that bad, but definitely prepare yourself to feel confident.
Do some research for some questions for the interviewers; they were definitely interested in the questions I asked.

Interview Question – Name one time when you made an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details – Full day assessment centre:

1. Numerical test: standard 20 minute numerical test similar to SHL
2. 1:1 interviews with each of the group members who I was going to work with if offered the position. 20 to 30 minute long. Typical CV walk through, a couple of competency questions and brain teasers. Generally relaxed atmosphere and the interviewers were very friendly.
3. Presentation: given 3 acquisition options, asked to present my preference with supporting arguments to one of the interviewers
4: Group discussion: asked to discuss about the acquisition proposal with other candidates whilst the interviewers were observing us. We all were asked to back the proposals which were different from our initial proposals in the 1:1 presentations

The whole process was from 9AM to 3-4PM with a 30 minute lunch break.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.