J.P. Morgan Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.7

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had an interview on campus, which was pretty easy. They asked me simple OOP questions and a few questions on how I behave in a team. It was really laid-back and casual, and the interviewer was very enthusiastic. I had a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a static variable? Difference between pass-by-value and pass-by-reference?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

There were two back to back 30 minute interviews, both of which were very similar. Most of the questions asked were behavioral questions, and a few questions on a programming language. The questions were pretty easy, they try to make you feel comfortable. They put more emphasis on behavioral questions, I would focus more on those than the programming questions. I received an offer around two weeks after the interviews. As long as you do research on the company, ask good questions, and answer most questions correctly, you should have a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would do to make your coworkers respect you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through college career fair. They got back to me within a week. The interview consisted of 2 rounds one on one. The first round was more of basic questions on object oriented programming and basic principles about data structures. The second round was more about solving coding problems.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The gentleman was very polite, after a bit of chit chat he asked a few technical questions and a few behavioral questions. There is a second part to the interview with a different representative who was unable to make it and so there will be a phone interview, basically going over the same types of questions to avoid bias in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between passing a variable by Reference and by Value?   1 Answer
    • When would you choose to use By Reference or by Value?   1 Answer
    • What is a group by in SQL?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to switch up your personal preference for another team member?   Answer Question
    • What personalities would you like to see in a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met representatives at on-campus career fair. Got an email for 2 back to back interviews in OCR. First was more behavioral to see how I approached a few projects I had done earlier. Second was more technical to see how well I could work with data.

Interview Questions

• How would you secure the data we have in our data centers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received invitation for virtual interview around a month later. Two back to back 30 minute interviews. Very standard behavioral questions as well as some easy technical questions. Interviewers were both very nice; it almost felt like they had already made their decision to hire me before the interviews even began. Browse JPMorgan interview questions on glassdoor and you should be fine. I applied for the business analyst position so the technical questions I was asked pertain to that role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via online.

The first interview phone call interview is 30 minutes long and it pertains to yourself and the experiences you hold. The next phone call is an hour long and I have yet to complete that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting website and was accepted for an on-campus interview. There were two interviews, both 30 minutes long. One was focused more on behavioral questions and questions about why you want to work at JP Morgan with a few technical questions and the other was all technical. The questions asked were mostly about object-oriented programming and software design principles and patterns. The second one also asked about your resume so be sure you know what you put on there!

The two interviewers were both very friendly in my opinion, the interview was really fun! It had a chill atmosphere and it was just very nice. It felt more like a conversation than anything.

I'm waiting on responses from other companies right now so I'm not accepting right away!

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

apply thought school career service center and get response in about 3-4 week. all behavioral question. the guy is the director of technology, very funny. I know one people he just interviewed and he asked if there had only one position open, who should he pick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

A very short behavioral interview. Barely 30 minutes. The interviewer was polite and seemed slightly uninterested. I strongly recommend trying to make a natural connection to the interviewer. It was a lot easier than I expected. A very laid back environment. I would also emphasize commitment to the internship and the company if you can do so honestly.