J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was accepted through career services at school. The interview was two-part, one being more resume-based and another behavioral-based. Don't feel nervous or panicky because they realize this. Be yourself and answer truthfully. They rather have you say that you don't know rather than waste 5 minutes trying to make it up.

Interview Questions
  • Aside from the standard questions about why J.P. Morgan, and why the specific position, they asked about your three strongest and weakest attributes. Also your biggest accomplishments and a tough decision that you made.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst - Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

on campus interview. the guy in charge of tech interviewed me. he kept emphasizing how their division is a bunch of geeks but he definitely didn't have the passion that other people in the tech industry these days have. I think he could tell I wasn't interested either.

spent a lot of time explaining the layout of their office.

Interview Questions
    • asked me a lot about how I would improve financial industry and banking products. I wasn't expecting that   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I applied through the Winning Women Program (online application; it's like a superday) and had two back-to-back interviews. They were all standard behavioral and situational questions. As long as you know your resume and could elaborate each experience with a good example, you will be fine. The questions include: 1Tell me about JPMorgan in Technology. Why do you want to apply for this position. 2 Tell me about yourself. 3Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. 4Tell me a time when you faced a challenge (could not remember but a similar one) 5 Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis. 6 If two stakeholders cannot agree with each other, what would you do. 7 Innovative technology or fundamental functions.
    (For all who apply through the Wining Women Program, I hope this comment would help.)

Interview Questions
    • I expected some technical questions, but there was none. So knowing your resume is much more important. The most difficult questions were: Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. and Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis., since I was unprepared for them.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I had two different interview rounds. The first one was mostly JAVA technical questions, software design patterns and some general behavioral questions. Basic concepts of OOP, pseudocode abstract class. The overall process wasn't that difficult. In the second interview, I was mostly describing my resume, leadership activities, what am I involved in apart from academics.

After 2 weeks of the second interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are abstract classes used when interfaces can provide the same benefit?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through my university's career website. I received an email asking me to schedule an interview a couple of weeks later. The interview consisted of two 1 hour interviews; one with a application developer manager and another with the databases manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. Asked some questions about data structures and SQL, but nothing specific. Mostly just asked behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career services. I only had one round of on-campus interviews with 2 senior analysts in the company, 30 minutes with each. Interviewers were very interested in my success and seemed like they wanted to help me find the right fit in the company. My impression is that the resume drop was screening for your skills, while the interview is helping find your place in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about coding and why financial services. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Fill out online application, wait for them to call or email you to schedule an interview, and complete the interview in person. Then wait for them to call you with their hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Silly stuff. What is a risk you have taken? Tell us about project in which team work was important. What is cloud computing?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services, process took two weeks.
    Recruiter called a week after the final round of interviews.

The questions were mainly behavioral type stuff with an occasional technical thrown in here and there. Prior to your interview, you should definitely look at the specific questions that other people have posted. Some are repeated throughout different interviews.

Interview Questions
    interns dont get to negotiate

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Was sent an email confirming interview date, scheduled an interview on site. Interviewed with two people. Interview was 45 minutes long with each person, part behavioral part technical. Technical focused on object oriented programming and knowledge on databases.

Interview Questions
    • Kept asking about database experience such as use of SQL.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There were two interviews mostly personality and previous experience with certain technologies. The personality questions were mostly about what would you do in a X scenario, I guess to weed out the uncooperative type, looking for team players.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the personalities you are looking for in a team and where do you see yourself in a team?   Answer Question