J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in Syracuse, NY

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Gave my resume to a recruiter at career fair at university and was called soon after to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to list files inside a folder with SQL Server?   View Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

1 onsite interview, Simple questions about resume and interest for the company

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

i applied through my school's website and received a phone call for interview. The interviewer in Syracuse was very knowledgeable and open minded. He would hire students from various majors and place them in a positions that have little or no resemblance.

I had a 1 on 1 interview in Lyman Hall. Based on my experience, it was an average level interview. Primarily he asked me questions related to my resume and relevant coursework. He would also ask what I know about JPMC.

Some advices is to research about the position you're applying for and try to know as much as you can regarding the business lines JPMC owns. Know a little bit about the history of the company as well. JPMC likes candidates who are proactive, professional, and constantly wanting to learn.

Interview Questions
    You should not negotiate unless you are applying for management positions. Compensation are based on average taken from websites like monsterlot.com. Although the compensation in the corporate sector is already pretty good.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

I made it past the first HR person interview to get called back to meet with a VP in Information Security. Both of these interviews were mostly behavioral questions "Name a situation where" etc. I was able to be a bit more technical with the VP because he understood my background more than the HR person. It was a bit long looking at now but it felt like it took no time during the interview. I'd say I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that your supervisor asks you to do something that you feel is absolutely ridiculous, but that's the way it is due to policy in place. Do you do it, and possibly on a repeated basis? Or do you complain and try to get him to change the policy based on your educated input?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!