J.P. Morgan

2.7

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was very simple. They did most of the talking. It wasn't even behavioral they just asked about different things on my resume. More conversational than anything really easy. One interviewer was a recent college graduate who was an alumni and the other was a middle aged woman who did investment banking. Both were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Really were no complicated questions. Just be able to speak to everything on your resume. No technical questions.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Applied online and response was quick. Did initial interview with HR which went well that lead to on phone interview with the hiring manager. Knew I was in by the following day after interview. Then comes the offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the position you are applying for.   View Answer

Based on research and networking I knew I was offered below market and my experiences. I tried to negotiate, but the offer was firm. I am however disappointed especially for a New York scale.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Appliocation Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Initial open door event to learn about the company and positions available (ON CAMPUS). Then sign up on the campus job opportunities page for an interview. Once you get selected for the interview you have a back to back interview with both a business and tech perspective employee. You receive an email within the following few months whether or not you were accepted for the oppotunity (intern or full time).

Interview Questions
    • Basic breakdown of SDLC and syntax questions followed by example coding some algorithm of choice.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

My contractor, Modis, set up a phone interview with a senior manager and 2 managers that reported to her. I was currently working and had to interview from my car. I was out of gas so I could not run the air conditioner and I couldn't put the windows down because it was raining so hard. I asked them if they adhered to defined processes and that they followed industry best practices. She assured me they did. Unfortunately, she lied. The employer is taking a chance that their potential client is being honest and providing an accurate accounting of their skills. In this case, I found that my interviewers were not being honest and providing an accurate accounting of how they ran their shop. I will make sure I ask more pointed questions next time I am interviewing a company for possible employment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had QTP (Quick Test Pro) experience and I had to tell them that I had not been formally trained and had not used it in several years.   Answer Question
    The recruiter had already told me that the offer was $38 per hour. I did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Career center at school. "Canned" interview. 1st behavioral questions. Tell me a situation youwould have changed your reaction or response. 2nd interview technical. Software development life cycle.

No negotiations. Intern . Accepted and recieved a bonus to start.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Round robin style interviews, met with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    • Had to sell a random product to management. They also test your math skills   View Answer
    Set base pay, no negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

On campus recruiting followed by on site Super Day... three interviews at Super day - one was a presentation, one behavioral, one technical... pretty simple stuff though.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult... just be able to talk about your experience   Answer Question

better offer elsewhere

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

I went to one interview with JPMorgan, the question were basic interview questions. How well do you work in a group? List a time where you were group leader and in detail tell me how you organize the team. The whole interview lasted about 30 mins, they asked me about COBOL and database questions, just to see how much I knew about them.

Senior Funding Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2012.

First interview was over the phone and only lasted a little more than 15 minutes. The general questions were asked, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why should we choose you over our other candidates, etc