J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in Tampa, FL

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

My contractor, Modis, set up a phone interview with a senior manager and 2 managers that reported to her. I was currently working and had to interview from my car. I was out of gas so I could not run the air conditioner and I couldn't put the windows down because it was raining so hard. I asked them if they adhered to defined processes and that they followed industry best practices. She assured me they did. Unfortunately, she lied. The employer is taking a chance that their potential client is being honest and providing an accurate accounting of their skills. In this case, I found that my interviewers were not being honest and providing an accurate accounting of how they ran their shop. I will make sure I ask more pointed questions next time I am interviewing a company for possible employment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had QTP (Quick Test Pro) experience and I had to tell them that I had not been formally trained and had not used it in several years.   Answer Question
    The recruiter had already told me that the offer was $38 per hour. I did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Round robin style interviews, met with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    • Had to sell a random product to management. They also test your math skills   View Answer
    Set base pay, no negotiation

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

People there was nice, they kept private on thier personal lives, work was challening, Get the money when hired,,you can grow from that point, but you will not get a raise for a while. Do not take the calls personal, they are upset with the situation or banking pratices.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview I was given a plain black button, put in a room and told to answer the phone when it rang. I was told to sell them the button to the caller when the phone rang. I learned that day sales and collections go hand in hand, if you can sale you can collect.   Answer Question
    They asked me what I thought I was worth, they made a counterfer, we settled in between both offers. Always start high, never take the first offer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Was very informal and it was obvious that the person in charge did not know how to interview.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation I was given what I asked for.

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Had a GREAT interview, very personable. The interviewer was very interstred in what i had to say.

very easy, had a GREAT recruiter

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Unusual, recruiter phone interview and 1 interview for each position.

Interview Questions
    • Limited questions. Describe experience in this industry.   View Answer
    Limited.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Career center at school. "Canned" interview. 1st behavioral questions. Tell me a situation youwould have changed your reaction or response. 2nd interview technical. Software development life cycle.

No negotiations. Intern . Accepted and recieved a bonus to start.

Retail Home Mortgage Undewriter II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

As normal with companies this size you simply go the company website and search options. Post a good resume and if you are contacted stay upbeat and focused . During the interview, let the hiring person do the talking. Normally there just reading from a list of standard questions most all companies use.

Interview Questions
    • Name the last time you had difficult boss and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!