J.P. Morgan

Employer Engaged

J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Intern Interview Questions

2.3

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through school website, got an interview a few weeks later. Face to face interview at school. 2 30 minute interviews with 2 different interviewers. 1 was all behavioral, pretty easy and relaxed. 1 was more technical asking about programming experience, IT-type questions.

Interview Questions
  • How does DNS work and what happens when a DNS server does down?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

One on-campus interview. Mostly behavioral with two or three oop conceptual questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

General behaviorial interview question. Didn't not ask any in depth technical questions. Asked for definition of a lot of generic stuff. For example, what object orient programming is, describe software life cycle, explain what a derivative is, what an option is, how jp morgan makes money, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2008.

An on campus interview by an alum, which was relaxed and surprisingly fast. Asked why I want to work in the finance industry, how does JPMC make money, which threw me off a little. Then went over my resume. Was asked a brain teaser at the end, which wasn't incredibly difficult. Heard back that I got the internship only 2 weeks later.

This was my first on campus interview, so I had no idea what to expect and was quite surprised I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but got my location changed from NYC to chicago.

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

I applied on the website and through my University's career search website (both required). I was called in for an on-campus interview in mid-October. It was two back-to-back one-on-one final-round interviews with VP's in the field.

They asked a range of questions, ranging from personality battery to technical skills to work experience. The second interviewer in particular had a battery of technical questions on a variety of disciplines within Technology (networking, software engineering, programming paradigms), of which I was able to answer up to an intermediate level.

A couple of weeks later, I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the 'Singleton' pattern? What is the 'Visitor' pattern? What is the 'Brick' (?) pattern?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

First round on campus interview - mostly behavioral, some theoretical tech questions (3 pillars of OOP, SDLC) but no implementation questions

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a great leader. What qualities make a great leader?   Answer Question