J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst Interview

first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

First round interview on campus. Interview was one of the last ones of the day for Business Analyst role within the tech division for the Delaware/Newark office. Ridiculous number of behavioral questions that were all very typical. Interviewer also did not seem interested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you paid too much attention to detail." followed by "Name a time you didn't pay enough attention to detail" "Name a time you contributed to a group" ect. Probably rapid fired about 6 of those in 45 minutes and I was struggling to think of more examples.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Basic interview + offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial interview and then 2 back-to-back interviews with a short presentation a few weeks later. Initial interview was very friendly and relaxed with basic behavioral questions. Purpose seems like its to get a basic screening: take a look at you and make sure you showered that day and can put a few words together. Don't fret. Remember that they want to like you. Yes, it's true.

Next round of interviewing was longer and only slightly more difficult (note: this was for business analyst track. app dev., infrastructure, etc. are different interviews in nature, more technical from what I understand from friends who've gone through the process).

A lot of behavioral questions: greatest weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are you most proud of, yadda yadda yadda. Interviewers write notes on what they hear. Presentation is 20 minutes and fairly relaxed. Know what you're talking about and it'll feel like a breeze.

Bottom line: This is a great interviewing experience, in my opinion, for someone who's new to the process. I was nervous before, but quickly relaxed during my first interview. Interviewing is really a dance. Know what to expect, talk to people who work in the position your applying for, and have a strategy of how you present yourself and remember to ask good questions. i.e. what keeps your employer up at night?. Do your homework and you'll ace the test.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online initially in September 2012 and never heard back. I then got an e-mail asking to set up two phone interviews in January 2013. The Interviews were set up for a month later. The interviews themselves were quite easy. Basic questions about past experiences. They asked about my projects at my previous employer. The first interviewer seemed impressed that I had taked classes on computer security. The second interviewer asked questions like why do I want to work in the banking industry and why is it important for JPMC to work on things like advancing technology.

I will say after the interview it only took them about a week to call and make my offer. When I actually got the call I assumed it was to invite me in for an in person interview but they said they liked me and wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the banking industry?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you've worked on in the past?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle trouble group members in your past projects?   Answer Question
    Everything is set by policy and there is no negotiation. They told me salaries are set for the position as well as vacation days and could not be negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Of, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Applied online and called to have an interview on the University campus.

Two back to back interviews.
    First was a 1:1 but it was entirely the interviewer talking, very amiable.

Second was with 2 interviewers.
    Very easy going, just went down the resume and asked questions about each.
    Only technical question was "Do you know what an IPO is?" (Initial Public Offering).

3 Rounds
    1 Round - behavioral questions
    2nd Round - technical questions
    3rd Roud - Group interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!