J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through my school's career website. On-campus interview requested around a few weeks later. I selected the earliest interview slot because I would rather be first or last in the interview lineup. It was 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I received an email a few days later that decisions of moving on will be sent in a week. In a week, I received a notification that I was selected for their Super Day. Super Day was on a Friday from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Most of us got in at 1pm and were able to talk to current analysts. The interview was split into three 30 minute parts: two behavioral/technical interviews and a presentation about a project you completed in the past. The order is random, but I got a sit down talk, presentation, and another sit down. The sit down talks are both behavioral/technical. The presentation was me talking for 15 minutes and the other 15 for questions. Got an email 4 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to, would you invest in future software or the current company system that works?   Answer Question
  • What are the benefits of polymorphism?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between an array and a linked list?   Answer Question
  • What is normalization? When would you use denormalization?   Answer Question
  • What are the phases of software development?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

They reached out for an interview with me. They had one date open during which I had a conflict and they only gave me a two week notice before it. I was no able to make that interview. Took me calling their Technology Analyst Program HR members approximately 8 times to receive a call back for them notifying me that they were no longer seeking candidates for this position. They contacted me for an interview and basically dropped the ball and had the worst communication I have ever seen from a well established company. This was an absolutely horrendous job by their HR department.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

From a college job fair, there was a "next day interview." Following this, after a few weeks, one Monday was told that I had been selected for the next round, which was on Friday. Luckily I had no plans and went to the interview. It consisted of three parts: a presentation, a technical interview, and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you felt you weren't being used to your full potential, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Various questions about polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction, etc   Answer Question
    • Describe your method you go through when writing a program   Answer Question
    • Difference between an array and a linked list   View Answer
    Actually still in the negotiation phase

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was through campus, they set you up to interview with 3 different current employees who are trying to see if you will be a good fit for the company and what area should you work in.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions going over my resume, project, and leadership experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Started through Campus application, recruiter followed up through e-mail for further application before On-Campus recruitment. Met with one senior member of similar role, basic questions. Focusing more for myself towards the Business Analyst role. Asked SDLC questions, Agile v. Waterfall. After first round, invited to SuperDay the following Tuesday. 3 half hour interviews , one of which is a presentation on a technical project. More interested in your technical skills and coding experience versus project management skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

First round interview on campus. Interview was one of the last ones of the day for Business Analyst role within the tech division for the Delaware/Newark office. Ridiculous number of behavioral questions that were all very typical. Interviewer also did not seem interested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you paid too much attention to detail." followed by "Name a time you didn't pay enough attention to detail" "Name a time you contributed to a group" ect. Probably rapid fired about 6 of those in 45 minutes and I was struggling to think of more examples.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.