J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

First round interview on campus. Interview was one of the last ones of the day for Business Analyst role within the tech division for the Delaware/Newark office. Ridiculous number of behavioral questions that were all very typical. Interviewer also did not seem interested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you paid too much attention to detail." followed by "Name a time you didn't pay enough attention to detail" "Name a time you contributed to a group" ect. Probably rapid fired about 6 of those in 45 minutes and I was struggling to think of more examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

if you are a graduate, your best shot is to go through the Corporate Development program. The interview for an intern is fair easy, so do your homework

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

This was for the Summer Analyst technology role. The recruiter was extremely kind and professional, always with a quick response to emails and providing all the necessary information.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an inner and outer join? (SQL)   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for the summer position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Of, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Applied online and called to have an interview on the University campus.

Two back to back interviews.
    First was a 1:1 but it was entirely the interviewer talking, very amiable.

Second was with 2 interviewers.
    Very easy going, just went down the resume and asked questions about each.
    Only technical question was "Do you know what an IPO is?" (Initial Public Offering).

Basic interview + offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

After applying for the internship online, I received an email inviting me to interview with them on Campus(The Ohio State University). The interview was 1:1 and most of the questions were standard interview questions. After interviewed, I waited over 2 months to get a response, which was the most negative aspect of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you went above and beyond what was asked of you.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!