J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

From a college job fair, there was a "next day interview." Following this, after a few weeks, one Monday was told that I had been selected for the next round, which was on Friday. Luckily I had no plans and went to the interview. It consisted of three parts: a presentation, a technical interview, and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you felt you weren't being used to your full potential, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
  • Various questions about polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction, etc   Answer Question
  • Describe your method you go through when writing a program   Answer Question
  • Difference between an array and a linked list   View Answer
Actually still in the negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was through campus, they set you up to interview with 3 different current employees who are trying to see if you will be a good fit for the company and what area should you work in.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions going over my resume, project, and leadership experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Started through Campus application, recruiter followed up through e-mail for further application before On-Campus recruitment. Met with one senior member of similar role, basic questions. Focusing more for myself towards the Business Analyst role. Asked SDLC questions, Agile v. Waterfall. After first round, invited to SuperDay the following Tuesday. 3 half hour interviews , one of which is a presentation on a technical project. More interested in your technical skills and coding experience versus project management skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

First round interview on campus. Interview was one of the last ones of the day for Business Analyst role within the tech division for the Delaware/Newark office. Ridiculous number of behavioral questions that were all very typical. Interviewer also did not seem interested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you paid too much attention to detail." followed by "Name a time you didn't pay enough attention to detail" "Name a time you contributed to a group" ect. Probably rapid fired about 6 of those in 45 minutes and I was struggling to think of more examples.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Basic interview + offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial interview and then 2 back-to-back interviews with a short presentation a few weeks later. Initial interview was very friendly and relaxed with basic behavioral questions. Purpose seems like its to get a basic screening: take a look at you and make sure you showered that day and can put a few words together. Don't fret. Remember that they want to like you. Yes, it's true.

Next round of interviewing was longer and only slightly more difficult (note: this was for business analyst track. app dev., infrastructure, etc. are different interviews in nature, more technical from what I understand from friends who've gone through the process).

A lot of behavioral questions: greatest weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are you most proud of, yadda yadda yadda. Interviewers write notes on what they hear. Presentation is 20 minutes and fairly relaxed. Know what you're talking about and it'll feel like a breeze.

Bottom line: This is a great interviewing experience, in my opinion, for someone who's new to the process. I was nervous before, but quickly relaxed during my first interview. Interviewing is really a dance. Know what to expect, talk to people who work in the position your applying for, and have a strategy of how you present yourself and remember to ask good questions. i.e. what keeps your employer up at night?. Do your homework and you'll ace the test.