J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke...   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Question – How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Interview Question – Describe a mistake you have made.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Interview Question – All questions were easy and expected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Interview was one of the last ones of the day for Business Analyst role within the tech division for the Delaware/Newark office. Ridiculous number of behavioral questions that were all very typical. Interviewer also did not seem interested in my answers.

Interview Question – "Name a time you paid too much attention to detail." followed by "Name a time you didn't pay enough attention to detail" "Name a time you contributed to a group" ect. Probably rapid fired about 6 of those in 45 minutes and I was struggling to think of more examples.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details – if you are a graduate, your best shot is to go through the Corporate Development program. The interview for an intern is fair easy, so do your homework

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – This was for the Summer Analyst technology role. The recruiter was extremely kind and professional, always with a quick response to emails and providing all the necessary information.

Interview Question – What is the difference between an inner and outer join? (SQL)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for the summer position.

University Of, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and called to have an interview on the University campus.

Two back to back interviews.
First was a 1:1 but it was entirely the interviewer talking, very amiable.

Second was with 2 interviewers.
Very easy going, just went down the resume and asked questions about each.
Only technical question was "Do you know what an IPO is?" (Initial Public Offering).

Interview Question – What do want to get out of this?   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Basic interview + offer.

Interview Question – General interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the internship online, I received an email inviting me to interview with them on Campus(The Ohio State University). The interview was 1:1 and most of the questions were standard interview questions. After interviewed, I waited over 2 months to get a response, which was the most negative aspect of the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Name a time in which you went above and beyond what was asked of you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.