J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – asked about sales experience and resume

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Arverne, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online
Did The Assessment
Got An Email The Next Day
Contacted A Recruiter
Did A Phone Interview
Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
No one ever called me back after the interview

Interview Question – How Did You Deal With A Dificult Customer   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, took an on-line required test which consisted of basic, what would u do questions and some math problems. Was called to schedule an interview the next day. Showed up to my interview and to my surprise it wasnt a one on one. Consisted of manager and assistant manager, made me that much more nervous. Was asked to explain my work history, etc etc.. went awful and just made me realize I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP when it comes to interviews.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the banking industry?   Answer Question

Brownstown, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Question – "How do you work as a member as a team"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – Why Chase?   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was instructed the next day by email to give the recruiter a call. The recruiter asked standard questions about past experience and how would I handle certain situations. The manager at the branch called me back the next day to set up an interview. I interviewed and recieved a call from the recruiter the next day to offer a position. During the 1;1 interview I was asked what does great customer service mean to me? Chase wants their tellers to push customer service rather than sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than what I asked for so I was happy.

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2008.

Interview Details – Initially was called by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview with standard questions concerning my experiences with customer service. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the Branch Manager and his assistant. They were both very friendly and listened very attentively. It was only a few days after the interview when I received an offer. I had to go downtown to fill out paperwork and get instructions on when and where to take my drug screening. The following week I did my first day of training. There's 3 days of training at a computer located at your branch and three days of classroom training at a location downtown.

Interview Question – Very standard questions concerning customer service.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Question – History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume online; and had to pass a certain math/personality test. Then was contacted by a recruiter; days later got a call from a branch manager for an interview; He had a set of questions and

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Tell me of a time when you went out of your way for a customer? (have a very good story; come up with one)
Weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time you sold something?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter told me how much and experienced teller received and I accepted at the time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Teller interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.