J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – asked about sales experience and resume

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – Why Chase?   Answer Question

Arverne, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online
Did The Assessment
Got An Email The Next Day
Contacted A Recruiter
Did A Phone Interview
Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
No one ever called me back after the interview

Interview Question – How Did You Deal With A Dificult Customer   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, took an on-line required test which consisted of basic, what would u do questions and some math problems. Was called to schedule an interview the next day. Showed up to my interview and to my surprise it wasnt a one on one. Consisted of manager and assistant manager, made me that much more nervous. Was asked to explain my work history, etc etc.. went awful and just made me realize I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP when it comes to interviews.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the banking industry?   Answer Question

Brownstown, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Question – "How do you work as a member as a team"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email for a video interview. I passed that and HR called me up and want to set me up with a branch manager.I went to the interview and i thought i did pretty well but havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Question – Sell me this item(could be anything)   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

Interview Question – Why did you leave you last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Friday and on Tuesday I got an email from a recruiter about doing a video interview through hirevu. For the video interview you record yourself answering questions via webcam. After that a recruiter called about setting up an interview at the branch. I then had two interviews one with the branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager. After my interviews I got a call a day later from the recruiter offering me the position. I then had to do a drug test and get fingerprinted. Training will be three and a half days tu,we,th,fri.

Interview Question – for the video interview they asked me
what do you know about chase and the teller position
what would you manager say are your strengths and weaknesses
how did you deal with a difficult customer
what is a time you went above and beyond for the customer
have you ever balanced your own till and what was the biggest overage or shortage
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none they offered me 10.00 per hour

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for chase?
have you ever dealt with a lot of money?
how available are you to pick up shifts?

For some reason they made a big issue about my place of residence

Interview Question – experience with angry customers and the outcome   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Teller interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.