J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

asked about sales experience and resume

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arverne, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Arverne, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I applied online
    Did The Assessment
    Got An Email The Next Day
    Contacted A Recruiter
    Did A Phone Interview
    Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
    No one ever called me back after the interview

Teller Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Applied on-line, took an on-line required test which consisted of basic, what would u do questions and some math problems. Was called to schedule an interview the next day. Showed up to my interview and to my surprise it wasnt a one on one. Consisted of manager and assistant manager, made me that much more nervous. Was asked to explain my work history, etc etc.. went awful and just made me realize I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP when it comes to interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you work as a member as a team"   View Answer
    Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

I applied online and got an email for a video interview. I passed that and HR called me up and want to set me up with a branch manager.I went to the interview and i thought i did pretty well but havent heard back from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I applied online on a Friday and on Tuesday I got an email from a recruiter about doing a video interview through hirevu. For the video interview you record yourself answering questions via webcam. After that a recruiter called about setting up an interview at the branch. I then had two interviews one with the branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager. After my interviews I got a call a day later from the recruiter offering me the position. I then had to do a drug test and get fingerprinted. Training will be three and a half days tu,we,th,fri.

Interview Questions
    • for the video interview they asked me
      what do you know about chase and the teller position
      what would you manager say are your strengths and weaknesses
      how did you deal with a difficult customer
      what is a time you went above and beyond for the customer
      have you ever balanced your own till and what was the biggest overage or shortage

Answer Question
    there was none they offered me 10.00 per hour

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Why do you want to work for chase?
    have you ever dealt with a lot of money?
    how available are you to pick up shifts?

For some reason they made a big issue about my place of residence