J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.7

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Got a call to come in for an interview, no phone interview questions. Went to the interview and got asked a few brief questions, like how my previous job correlated to the one I was applying for. After I got interview with the manager, the district manager came in and interviewed me. After about 4 hours I got a call back from hr and said I got the job. Had to take tests and a training course to finally be able to work at my branch.

Interview Questions
  • how did you sell products to ensure the customer bought it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

I applied for a job with Chase in early March. I was called by a branch March 8th to come in for an interview on the 11th. On the 11th I went to the interview, that was conducted by the assistant branch manager, and was asked questions about my job, customer service, and seeling skills. I was aked about times when I may have had to deal with a diffucult customer and how I handled it. I was also asked about a time I had gone above and beyond for a customer and why, among other questions. After my with the asst. branch manager I was interviewed by the branch manager. He asked his own set of questions and asked me if i had any. I only had a few about the position(ask questions! they want you to ask questions!). I left the interview feeling pretty confident. They said they were conducting more interviews but i would hear from them soon.
    In the meantime I was called by another branch on the day of my first interview for an interview on the 13th. I accepted the interview. On the 12th branch #2 called back and said they had to cancel my interview until the first branch decided what they wanted to do with me. On the 13th branch #1 called and wanted me to come for a second interview. I went in on the 15th and met with the distrcit manager and the branch manager again. They asked a few more questions, some the same questions from the previous interview. They told me they would have a final decision made by the following Friday which was the March 22nd. March 19th they called and offered me the job.
    I had to go to the Chase Tower to do some paperwork and fingerprinting. I also had to take a drug test and pass a background check. All of which I passed. I start training at my branch in April.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel the need to go above and beyond for customers, sometimes with no direct benefit to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arverne, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arverne, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I applied online
    Did The Assessment
    Got An Email The Next Day
    Contacted A Recruiter
    Did A Phone Interview
    Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
    No one ever called me back after the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallington, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2012.

I filled out an application on Chase.com. I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and they just asked about previous jobs and why I want to work for chase. I then got a call from the assistant branch manager about 2 days later to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the branch manager who was very nice and down to earth. She read questions off of a paper such as how I would describe myself and how others describe me? Also how I dealt with a difficult customer and she also asked me to sell her something. She talked to me about the job and what I would be doing. After the interview at the branch I got a call from another recruiter 2 hours later that I got the job and she told me how much I would get paid and when my start date was and if I accept the offer. I then had to go get my fingerprints and a drug test and then could start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

I applied for a teller position with JPMorgan Chase on Wednesday, May 12, 2012. On Monday, May 19th, I received a call from the Branch Manager himself to come in for a interview on May 22, 2012. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. The interview was based on customer service and sales but mostly customer service experience questions. I was asked what does excellant customer service sound and look like. I was given scenarios and examples on what tellers of JPMorgan Chase have to do when in front of a customer. On May 25th, I received another call from a lady that worked at a different branch within the district. She wanted to invite me to have a second interview on May 29, 2012 with the District Manager at his branch. I went in and spoke with the district manager and he told me that he wanted to meet me because the managers at the branch I interviewed at really liked me. He brought up more questions about customer service and talked to me about my previous employers. He also talked to me about uniforms and how Chase works. On that same evening, I received a call from the Recruiting Coordinator to offer me the position. I then accepted the offer of employment and followed the pre-employment process which consisted of signing the offer of employment, completing the onboarding forms, drug screening, fingerprinting, taking a photo for the employee access ID, and completing my I-9. I was issued an estimated start date and on Friday, June 8th, I received an e-mail from the pre-employment department stating that I successfully completed the pre-employment process nad I am approved on my given start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

applied online got an email the next day to call the recruiting office to talk to them about my background and skills. After that was done an hour later the branch manager called me to come in for an interview. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant manager and went pretty good. Got told "we still need to review other candidates" and finally got the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

I did not negotiate.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Pretty simple. Submit application online, wait for back office recruiting people to call. They forward the info on to a branch level. Wait for the branch manager to call. Go into an interview. Come out. Start working.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were pretty expected. The most reflective one was, "what was a time when a customer was upset with you and how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question
    Pretty simple. They made an offer, I counter offered, they got back to me and accepted.