J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Mesa, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baldwin, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

I applied online in April of 2010. I first had to the assessment test which consisted of a personality test and math portion. I was contacted by a recruiter after a week in which she tried to place me at certain branches. After another week, I was contacted by the manager of a branch close to my house. She asked me to come into the branch for an interview and I was hired the exact same day as the. I started training a week later which took two weeks. The first weekend of training took place at a branch in a town over from me and the the second part of training took place at the branch I was hired at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

I applied for a teller position with JPMorgan Chase on Wednesday, May 12, 2012. On Monday, May 19th, I received a call from the Branch Manager himself to come in for a interview on May 22, 2012. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. The interview was based on customer service and sales but mostly customer service experience questions. I was asked what does excellant customer service sound and look like. I was given scenarios and examples on what tellers of JPMorgan Chase have to do when in front of a customer. On May 25th, I received another call from a lady that worked at a different branch within the district. She wanted to invite me to have a second interview on May 29, 2012 with the District Manager at his branch. I went in and spoke with the district manager and he told me that he wanted to meet me because the managers at the branch I interviewed at really liked me. He brought up more questions about customer service and talked to me about my previous employers. He also talked to me about uniforms and how Chase works. On that same evening, I received a call from the Recruiting Coordinator to offer me the position. I then accepted the offer of employment and followed the pre-employment process which consisted of signing the offer of employment, completing the onboarding forms, drug screening, fingerprinting, taking a photo for the employee access ID, and completing my I-9. I was issued an estimated start date and on Friday, June 8th, I received an e-mail from the pre-employment department stating that I successfully completed the pre-employment process nad I am approved on my given start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Applied for job. Got a call the very exact same day as i applied. Interview was the next week. I was interviewed by the assistant and branch manger. They asked me questions about myself and experience and my personality. Interview went great. A week later i found out I got the job. Had to do a background check and fingerprints. Started two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

applied online got an email the next day to call the recruiting office to talk to them about my background and skills. After that was done an hour later the branch manager called me to come in for an interview. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant manager and went pretty good. Got told "we still need to review other candidates" and finally got the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

After applying online for several branches, I was finally called for a face to face interview. Things seemed to go well even though the manager talked about his personal life rather than finding out more about my skills. I heard about a week later I didn't get the position, but I got another interview. This time the manager acted like he didn't even have time to say hi to me before he began. You could tell from the moment we started this was not going to end in my favor. We parted ways and after persistence and more applications I got a call from a recruiter. There was a phone interview followed by two more branch interviews. Finally one branch staff seemed to click and an offer was made. I have no clue what they were looking for but I had a bachelors at the time and years of work history?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

The interview took two days. The hiring manager was really friendly. Interview questions were very structured. I had to take another interview with another management trainee employee. They both liked me. After all of these I had to go through drug testing and background checking. After I successfully passed the those tests jod was all mine :)

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle the hot tempered customers in your previous work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

recruiter contacted me, went on one interview they didnt hire me, went on another interview, got a call back about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • what would you in a situation where you havve an upset customer?   View Answer
    they told me how much they were starting me with at the time $11 was a come up!