J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple. Submit application online, wait for back office recruiting people to call. They forward the info on to a branch level. Wait for the branch manager to call. Go into an interview. Come out. Start working.

Interview Questions

• All their questions were pretty expected. The most reflective one was, "what was a time when a customer was upset with you and how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple. They made an offer, I counter offered, they got back to me and accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview. Interview was with branch manager. Basic interview questions that you get everywhere (why Chase, tell me about a problem you overcame at a previous job, what is customer service to you, etc.) Got called for a second interview with assistant branch manager, who is in charge of tellers. Exact same questions. A week or so later I got a call from the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Canton, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview took two days. The hiring manager was really friendly. Interview questions were very structured. I had to take another interview with another management trainee employee. They both liked me. After all of these I had to go through drug testing and background checking. After I successfully passed the those tests jod was all mine :)

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the hot tempered customers in your previous work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Oxnard, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was overall pretty average. Applied online, and then got a call the next day (sadly I missed it) but called again the day after that to set up an interview that same day, two hours later. I went in at the exact time, but had to wait for a moment in the customer waiting area to get called in. The hiring manager came and got me, and right away we started talking about the position and certain situations from my old customer service position. She was also quite understanding about the fact that I hadn't had a job in two years. The interview was supposed to end with me meeting the branch manager and assistant branch manager, but neither were available at the moment. It ended with a goodbye and even a compliment on my outfit. She also did state that it was rather odd that I didn't do a phone interview before coming in to see her, as is apparently usually done after doing some research, but to expect someone to give me that phone interview. Well today I found out via e-mail that I didn't get the job. And to think I thought I did so well. C'est la vie.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company and what do you like about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Scarsdale, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

A lot of training out of office and online. The training was very extensive but also very informative. it helped a lot when you actually worked in the field.

Interview Questions

• What was your best customer experience given to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brownstown, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Questions

• "How do you work as a member as a team"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that I had been chosen to participate in a phone interview for the position. I called the recruitment number which was given to me in the email, and completed a very brief phone interview with a representative. She told me that she would forward my application on to a few branches and that I should hear something within a week. About a week later, I received an e-mail asking me to submit another application for a specific branch. I did so and three days later was contacted by the Branch Manager to set up a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, but I was told they were interviewing a few other candidates for the same position and that they would be in contact. A week later I received a phone call from the recruiting center letting me know that I had gotten the position. All in all, took from 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't really given room to negotiate. I was told I'd be making 10.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied for job. Got a call the very exact same day as i applied. Interview was the next week. I was interviewed by the assistant and branch manger. They asked me questions about myself and experience and my personality. Interview went great. A week later i found out I got the job. Had to do a background check and fingerprints. Started two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter then you are contacted by different specific branches. The process takes awhile and you can interview with multiple branches before finally getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer and it is yes or no