J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

2.7

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Applied online, got a call for an interview. Interview was with branch manager. Basic interview questions that you get everywhere (why Chase, tell me about a problem you overcame at a previous job, what is customer service to you, etc.) Got called for a second interview with assistant branch manager, who is in charge of tellers. Exact same questions. A week or so later I got a call from the recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

The interview took two days. The hiring manager was really friendly. Interview questions were very structured. I had to take another interview with another management trainee employee. They both liked me. After all of these I had to go through drug testing and background checking. After I successfully passed the those tests jod was all mine :)

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle the hot tempered customers in your previous work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

The process was overall pretty average. Applied online, and then got a call the next day (sadly I missed it) but called again the day after that to set up an interview that same day, two hours later. I went in at the exact time, but had to wait for a moment in the customer waiting area to get called in. The hiring manager came and got me, and right away we started talking about the position and certain situations from my old customer service position. She was also quite understanding about the fact that I hadn't had a job in two years. The interview was supposed to end with me meeting the branch manager and assistant branch manager, but neither were available at the moment. It ended with a goodbye and even a compliment on my outfit. She also did state that it was rather odd that I didn't do a phone interview before coming in to see her, as is apparently usually done after doing some research, but to expect someone to give me that phone interview.

Well today I found out via e-mail that I didn't get the job. And to think I thought I did so well. C'est la vie.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this company and what do you like about it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brownstown, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you work as a member as a team"   View Answer
    Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that I had been chosen to participate in a phone interview for the position. I called the recruitment number which was given to me in the email, and completed a very brief phone interview with a representative. She told me that she would forward my application on to a few branches and that I should hear something within a week. About a week later, I received an e-mail asking me to submit another application for a specific branch. I did so and three days later was contacted by the Branch Manager to set up a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, but I was told they were interviewing a few other candidates for the same position and that they would be in contact. A week later I received a phone call from the recruiting center letting me know that I had gotten the position. All in all, took from 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't really given room to negotiate. I was told I'd be making 10.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Initial interview with recruiter then you are contacted by different specific branches. The process takes awhile and you can interview with multiple branches before finally getting hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they offer and it is yes or no

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Applied for job. Got a call the very exact same day as i applied. Interview was the next week. I was interviewed by the assistant and branch manger. They asked me questions about myself and experience and my personality. Interview went great. A week later i found out I got the job. Had to do a background check and fingerprints. Started two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

I applied online on a thursday... had a phone interview the next day (friday). That monday I received a call from the assistant branch manager who set up an interview for that Tuesday. Went to the interview... was asked questions from a packet/my responses were written down. The next day I got the job offer. The process was surprisingly fast.

Interview Questions
    • How would you protect your customers information?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

JP Morgan Chase HR phone screen starts the process. Shortly after I hung up the phone, I received a phone call from a BM at a branch I applied for. Went in for the on-site interview which included the VP Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. They want to hear about your customer service experiences. They want to know how you can turn a bad customer experience into a good customer experience, and they want to hear about your experiences in working in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were on a team to accomplish a task or project. What was your role and how did you contribute? What do you think were the characteristics of that team which made it successful?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer