J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online on a thursday... had a phone interview the next day (friday). That monday I received a call from the assistant branch manager who set up an interview for that Tuesday. Went to the interview... was asked questions from a packet/my responses were written down. The next day I got the job offer. The process was surprisingly fast.

Interview Questions

• How would you protect your customers information?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online on company web-site. Got call from assistant manager and was invited for interview. Dress professionally. Other employees at the branch were watching while i was waiting. So make sure to be friendly and make first impression on them too. Interviewed by the same assistant manager and her trainee. Basic questions about previous jobs, customer service questions and why i want to work for chase. After that they asked if I had any questions. Make sure u have them, so they see u interested in this position and their company too. Got a call from recruiter after 5 days. Accepted offer. Start date took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you had difficult customer and you resolved his/her issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

JP Morgan Chase HR phone screen starts the process. Shortly after I hung up the phone, I received a phone call from a BM at a branch I applied for. Went in for the on-site interview which included the VP Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. They want to hear about your customer service experiences. They want to know how you can turn a bad customer experience into a good customer experience, and they want to hear about your experiences in working in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were on a team to accomplish a task or project. What was your role and how did you contribute? What do you think were the characteristics of that team which made it successful?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Leandro, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I did a 1 to 1 interview with the manager in the branch, prior that I didn't get any group or phone interview at all. I went straight to the manager interview which I still have no clues about why, maybe my qualification was perfect of what the were looking for( because i have worked as a teller before at another bank),so the manager just call me in to have an interview with him. The interview last about 35 to 40 minutes. It basically ask you about how would you handle a difficult customer?, how much cash did you ever have to handle on your previous job?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? what is customer service? Why choose this bank? How flexible you are on the schedule? How bad do you want this job on the scale of 1 to 10? etc...just very basic questions about yourself and the position you applying for. Just be comfortable then you will be okay.
    But I didn't get the job, because the manager was having some hiring issue, because they just received a transfer from another branch, so they end up sending my resume/profile to another branch which had no Manager at that time, and said will have manger take over in another month, however, I didn't get any call back after that, so I gave up on that position. I was pretty bad luck those days. Good luck to all of you who's applying for Chase, hopefully they won't treat you the same way they treated me.

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps you take to handle customer's transactions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (DFW, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online, completed personality/skills test involving simple math. Received email for scheduled interview at hiring branch. Was interviewed by Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manger. They asked general interview questions and also asked me to role play a referral opportunity with a customer. Be as sociable and as friendly as you can. Try to avoid awkward silences and remember to maintain eye contact throughout interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience you've had in any previous jobs where you had to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bellevue, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview went very well. But got rejection letter after 2 hours. Donno the reason. Probably the girls didn't like me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying online for several branches, I was finally called for a face to face interview. Things seemed to go well even though the manager talked about his personal life rather than finding out more about my skills. I heard about a week later I didn't get the position, but I got another interview. This time the manager acted like he didn't even have time to say hi to me before he began. You could tell from the moment we started this was not going to end in my favor. We parted ways and after persistence and more applications I got a call from a recruiter. There was a phone interview followed by two more branch interviews. Finally one branch staff seemed to click and an offer was made. I have no clue what they were looking for but I had a bachelors at the time and years of work history?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baldwin, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online in April of 2010. I first had to the assessment test which consisted of a personality test and math portion. I was contacted by a recruiter after a week in which she tried to place me at certain branches. After another week, I was contacted by the manager of a branch close to my house. She asked me to come into the branch for an interview and I was hired the exact same day as the. I started training a week later which took two weeks. The first weekend of training took place at a branch in a town over from me and the the second part of training took place at the branch I was hired at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, took a skills test and was called by recruiter. Interviewed face to face with Asst. Bank Manager

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position online. I applied to many not just one. After many emails that i didn't receive the chance to interview for the job I was ready to start applying to different banks. Turns out one of the same banks that sent me a rejection email calls me about two days after the email. He called a Wednesday for an interview the following Tuesday. I was late to the interview by 15 min but i did call them and let them know i was running late. Interview questions were the same ones people posted on this site, so i was prepared