J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Applied online, completed personality/skills test involving simple math. Received email for scheduled interview at hiring branch. Was interviewed by Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manger. They asked general interview questions and also asked me to role play a referral opportunity with a customer. Be as sociable and as friendly as you can. Try to avoid awkward silences and remember to maintain eye contact throughout interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain an experience you've had in any previous jobs where you had to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I applied to the position online. I applied to many not just one. After many emails that i didn't receive the chance to interview for the job I was ready to start applying to different banks. Turns out one of the same banks that sent me a rejection email calls me about two days after the email. He called a Wednesday for an interview the following Tuesday. I was late to the interview by 15 min but i did call them and let them know i was running late. Interview questions were the same ones people posted on this site, so i was prepared

Anonymous Employee  in  Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

The process was overall pretty average. Applied online, and then got a call the next day (sadly I missed it) but called again the day after that to set up an interview that same day, two hours later. I went in at the exact time, but had to wait for a moment in the customer waiting area to get called in. The hiring manager came and got me, and right away we started talking about the position and certain situations from my old customer service position. She was also quite understanding about the fact that I hadn't had a job in two years. The interview was supposed to end with me meeting the branch manager and assistant branch manager, but neither were available at the moment. It ended with a goodbye and even a compliment on my outfit. She also did state that it was rather odd that I didn't do a phone interview before coming in to see her, as is apparently usually done after doing some research, but to expect someone to give me that phone interview.

Well today I found out via e-mail that I didn't get the job. And to think I thought I did so well. C'est la vie.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this company and what do you like about it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that I had been chosen to participate in a phone interview for the position. I called the recruitment number which was given to me in the email, and completed a very brief phone interview with a representative. She told me that she would forward my application on to a few branches and that I should hear something within a week. About a week later, I received an e-mail asking me to submit another application for a specific branch. I did so and three days later was contacted by the Branch Manager to set up a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, but I was told they were interviewing a few other candidates for the same position and that they would be in contact. A week later I received a phone call from the recruiting center letting me know that I had gotten the position. All in all, took from 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't really given room to negotiate. I was told I'd be making 10.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

I applied online on a thursday... had a phone interview the next day (friday). That monday I received a call from the assistant branch manager who set up an interview for that Tuesday. Went to the interview... was asked questions from a packet/my responses were written down. The next day I got the job offer. The process was surprisingly fast.

Interview Questions
    • How would you protect your customers information?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

JP Morgan Chase HR phone screen starts the process. Shortly after I hung up the phone, I received a phone call from a BM at a branch I applied for. Went in for the on-site interview which included the VP Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. They want to hear about your customer service experiences. They want to know how you can turn a bad customer experience into a good customer experience, and they want to hear about your experiences in working in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were on a team to accomplish a task or project. What was your role and how did you contribute? What do you think were the characteristics of that team which made it successful?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Applied online on company web-site. Got call from assistant manager and was invited for interview. Dress professionally. Other employees at the branch were watching while i was waiting. So make sure to be friendly and make first impression on them too. Interviewed by the same assistant manager and her trainee. Basic questions about previous jobs, customer service questions and why i want to work for chase. After that they asked if I had any questions. Make sure u have them, so they see u interested in this position and their company too. Got a call from recruiter after 5 days. Accepted offer. Start date took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time when you had difficult customer and you resolved his/her issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

I did a 1 to 1 interview with the manager in the branch, prior that I didn't get any group or phone interview at all. I went straight to the manager interview which I still have no clues about why, maybe my qualification was perfect of what the were looking for( because i have worked as a teller before at another bank),so the manager just call me in to have an interview with him. The interview last about 35 to 40 minutes. It basically ask you about how would you handle a difficult customer?, how much cash did you ever have to handle on your previous job?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? what is customer service? Why choose this bank? How flexible you are on the schedule? How bad do you want this job on the scale of 1 to 10? etc...just very basic questions about yourself and the position you applying for. Just be comfortable then you will be okay.
    But I didn't get the job, because the manager was having some hiring issue, because they just received a transfer from another branch, so they end up sending my resume/profile to another branch which had no Manager at that time, and said will have manger take over in another month, however, I didn't get any call back after that, so I gave up on that position. I was pretty bad luck those days. Good luck to all of you who's applying for Chase, hopefully they won't treat you the same way they treated me.

Interview Questions
    • Where you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps you take to handle customer's transactions?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Applied online, took a skills test and was called by recruiter. Interviewed face to face with Asst. Bank Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

Apply on the internet and then interview with a manager. Focus on customer service while at the same time show your ability to offer products and refer customers over to the bankers. They are interested in cash handling, customer service, compliance with bank regulations and sales.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to get someone over to see a banker?   View Answer
    • How did you show customer service in a previous position?   View Answer