J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chandler, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Questions

• History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

nice recruiter

Interview Questions

better offer from another bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

recruiter contacted me, went on one interview they didnt hire me, went on another interview, got a call back about two days later.

Interview Questions

• what would you in a situation where you havve an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they told me how much they were starting me with at the time $11 was a come up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Islandia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The Branch manager was very polite and felt that I had a shot. The interview had a few basic questions on experience on handling money and customer service. She described the job as easy going compared to my other job as a grocery clerk working as a cashier. Everything was going well and it seemed that the position was mine for the taking. Unfortunately, when i met one of the other managers, I froze up. remember, they want to know if you can sell, so focus on customer service and most importantly SALES.

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Moreno Valley, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I've applied online through their website, the next day early morning i received an email that the recruiter will contact me as longest i reply with the best time and phone number they could reach me. Two days letter no response, I've send another email later the same day they reply with a date for the phone interview. I've waited for the call and decided to call back, left a message and yet no callback. Four days later i decided to send them another email making sure if the job position was still available? two days later they called, phone interview was okay just the typical questions like your background experience. They needed a teller as soon as possible they told me i was going to received a call from the manager to set up an interview, two hours later manager left me a voicemail to set up an interview. The next day called the manager and they wanted me to be there at the branch in 30 minutes. Waited in the lobby for 30 minutes due to the fact they were really busy, and they were in of need of people, during the interview they ask questions about my background experience, customer service, and what will i offer to chase if i was chosen for the position. After the interview the manager told me they have other candidates that they will interview later on, I might receive a call from them later next week. two hours later the recruiter called me and offer me the employment. I wonder did they ever had other candidates to interview as well???

Interview Questions

• Why should we hired you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you better then other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start their tellers at 11.00 hour

Anonymous Employee in Manlius, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Manlius, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied. Company recruiter called. Missed call, returned call. Phone interview. Branch interview. Contacted by Onboarding. Sent running all over new york for finger prints, and security ID. Done that. Showed up for work 2 weeks later. Had a paycheck waiting EXCELLENT. Training, training, and more training. Worked with another teller. CLASS. WOW on the teller line.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

The first step is the phone interview. I spoke with a gentlemen who asked me real general questions. Told me about the pay range, etc. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all of the details. After the phone interview about a week later I got a phone call from the Assistant Branch Manager at the branch I applied for. Ask if I was still interested in the position, set up an interview. The interview was a smooth process lasted about 40 minutes to an 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Long Beach, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Apply on the internet and then interview with a manager. Focus on customer service while at the same time show your ability to offer products and refer customers over to the bankers. They are interested in cash handling, customer service, compliance with bank regulations and sales.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to get someone over to see a banker?   1 Answer
    • How did you show customer service in a previous position?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Interview

applied online, got a call from them about 2 weeks later, was asked about 5 min about the position and what hours I want to work. Then about a week later got a call from a branch manager who asked to come down for the interview and was offered a position. Probably because they had to hire someone within time frame.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The recruiter at the time was a complete moron. She had terrible follow up and was completely unprofessional. I was interviewed by an operations supervisor and an assistant manager. The actual interview went pretty well, but when I recieved the actual call back the operations supervisor called and had said we would have to postpone hiring til further notice and hung up. Come to find out it was because they had gotten an internal transfer who ended up never showing up. So I had a second interview with the actual branch manager and another assistant who offered me the position right then and there.

Negotiation

It wasnt really negotiation. It was more like "this is the pay range and what youre going to get"