J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

2.7

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

Apply on the internet and then interview with a manager. Focus on customer service while at the same time show your ability to offer products and refer customers over to the bankers. They are interested in cash handling, customer service, compliance with bank regulations and sales.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say to get someone over to see a banker?   View Answer
  • How did you show customer service in a previous position?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview went very well. But got rejection letter after 2 hours. Donno the reason. Probably the girls didn't like me

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2008.

The recruiter at the time was a complete moron. She had terrible follow up and was completely unprofessional. I was interviewed by an operations supervisor and an assistant manager. The actual interview went pretty well, but when I recieved the actual call back the operations supervisor called and had said we would have to postpone hiring til further notice and hung up. Come to find out it was because they had gotten an internal transfer who ended up never showing up. So I had a second interview with the actual branch manager and another assistant who offered me the position right then and there.

It wasnt really negotiation. It was more like "this is the pay range and what youre going to get"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2009.

The first step is the phone interview. I spoke with a gentlemen who asked me real general questions. Told me about the pay range, etc. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all of the details. After the phone interview about a week later I got a phone call from the Assistant Branch Manager at the branch I applied for. Ask if I was still interested in the position, set up an interview. The interview was a smooth process lasted about 40 minutes to an 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manlius, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manlius, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

Applied. Company recruiter called. Missed call, returned call. Phone interview. Branch interview. Contacted by Onboarding. Sent running all over new york for finger prints, and security ID. Done that. Showed up for work 2 weeks later. Had a paycheck waiting EXCELLENT. Training, training, and more training. Worked with another teller. CLASS. WOW on the teller line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

The Branch manager was very polite and felt that I had a shot. The interview had a few basic questions on experience on handling money and customer service. She described the job as easy going compared to my other job as a grocery clerk working as a cashier. Everything was going well and it seemed that the position was mine for the taking. Unfortunately, when i met one of the other managers, I froze up. remember, they want to know if you can sell, so focus on customer service and most importantly SALES.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2007.

I originally applied online for a part time teller position. I got a call after a couple of weeks to come into the branch for a 1:1 interview. It was a pretty standard hourly position interview. A few days later, I got a call saying they wanted to hire me, but first I had to do a basic math skills test, get finger printed, submit a urine sample for drug testing and complete a form for a background check - pretty standard procedure for working at a bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

I've applied online through their website, the next day early morning i received an email that the recruiter will contact me as longest i reply with the best time and phone number they could reach me. Two days letter no response, I've send another email later the same day they reply with a date for the phone interview. I've waited for the call and decided to call back, left a message and yet no callback. Four days later i decided to send them another email making sure if the job position was still available? two days later they called, phone interview was okay just the typical questions like your background experience. They needed a teller as soon as possible they told me i was going to received a call from the manager to set up an interview, two hours later manager left me a voicemail to set up an interview. The next day called the manager and they wanted me to be there at the branch in 30 minutes. Waited in the lobby for 30 minutes due to the fact they were really busy, and they were in of need of people, during the interview they ask questions about my background experience, customer service, and what will i offer to chase if i was chosen for the position. After the interview the manager told me they have other candidates that they will interview later on, I might receive a call from them later next week. two hours later the recruiter called me and offer me the employment. I wonder did they ever had other candidates to interview as well???

They start their tellers at 11.00 hour

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

applied online, got a call from them about 2 weeks later, was asked about 5 min about the position and what hours I want to work. Then about a week later got a call from a branch manager who asked to come down for the interview and was offered a position. Probably because they had to hire someone within time frame.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2007.

First, I had to put in my application. Then I was contacted by someone from another state to set up a phone interview. I then interviewed over the phone a couple days later. Then, I was called in for a personal interview by the managers at a specific branch I applied for. They interviewed me and called me a couple days later to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you disagreed with someone you worked with?   Answer Question