J.P. Morgan Transaction Processing Specialist Interview Questions

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Applied online for this position and at first received an email saying I didn't get the job. A month later, a recruiter called me, around 6pm, asking if I was still interested in the position. Not really knowing what position it was, I told her yes and she was able to set up an interview for me in the following week. The interview consisted of an in person and phone both 30 minutes each. Both employers were very friendly and casual. They didn't ask difficult questions, or at least questions that one should be nervous about. They both lasted the duration of 30 min. The recruiter called me a day after to see how the interview went. She was very friendly and reassuring.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in current position? Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
If they decide to offer you a position, definitely see if there's room to negotiate. The recruiter asked what was the salary range I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Met representative at job fair and showed interest in me. Told me to expect a call next business day to set up phone interview. Called me as promised and asked to apply online. Also set up phone interview. Interview consisted of reviewing job history and what I've done. Questions like: Best job?, Worst Job?, What do you really want to do?, job specific questions like proficiency in MS Office products one by one, and experience in banking. I asked about the last person for the position and said new position in area. Felt like it was just a formality and was somewhat hurried to move on. Was told to expect email with instructions for another interview tomorrow face to face with four different individuals one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I was called about the position and we went over my resume. She said we would talk a little about the position (she left me a voice mail), but we didn't really. We just went through my resume, line by line. About a week later, I got a call from someone else saying that JPMorgan Chase wanted to schedule an interview that week (this was Wednesday). We arranged an interview for that Friday morning. I met with two individuals. They asked general questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weakness, what motivates you. I was told that I would be contacted within about 5 days since they were almost finished interviewing people, but I wasn't. So, I called back the initial person who had contacted me and was told that they went with someone else. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone was extremely friendly.

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Started off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Just basic questions about my background. Followed up with a face to face interview with the recruiter. The recruiter then set me up with a interview with the hiring manager. I met with 3 managers. They asked me questions about my background, and specific questions about my market knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how you are a leader without any formal management experience.   Answer Question

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Walk-in Interview.
    First was the aptitude test. Questions were based on logical reasoning, english, quant,etc.
    Then interview with manager.
    Then HR round.
    Process took 2 weeks.
    (It can even go upto 7 rounds of various interviews.)

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

2 rounds of interview, they scanned all my past back in 10 years (job, school, etc.) any time spaces, needed to be explained any my lawyer needed to provide a declaration, that what I'm saying is true and the "whole" in my CV is really travelling and I wasn't in the jail or so..

Interview Questions
    Not long, they say take it or leave it.

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

First round- Speak about a random topic
    2nd round- Aptitude
    3rd round- E-mail writing
    4th round- Technical Interview
    5th round- HR Interview
    6th round- Telephonic

Interview Questions
    • Are you the kind of person who sits in front of the computer and work whole day? Do you prefer working in such condition?   View Answers (2)