J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for this position and at first received an email saying I didn't get the job. A month later, a recruiter called me, around 6pm, asking if I was still interested in the position. Not really knowing what position it was, I told her yes and she was able to set up an interview for me in the following week. The interview consisted of an in person and phone both 30 minutes each. Both employers were very friendly and casual. They didn't ask difficult questions, or at least questions that one should be nervous about. They both lasted the duration of 30 min. The recruiter called me a day after to see how the interview went. She was very friendly and reassuring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – If they decide to offer you a position, definitely see if there's room to negotiate. The recruiter asked what was the salary range I was looking for.

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met representative at job fair and showed interest in me. Told me to expect a call next business day to set up phone interview. Called me as promised and asked to apply online. Also set up phone interview. Interview consisted of reviewing job history and what I've done. Questions like: Best job?, Worst Job?, What do you really want to do?, job specific questions like proficiency in MS Office products one by one, and experience in banking. I asked about the last person for the position and said new position in area. Felt like it was just a formality and was somewhat hurried to move on. Was told to expect email with instructions for another interview tomorrow face to face with four different individuals one-on-one.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was called about the position and we went over my resume. She said we would talk a little about the position (she left me a voice mail), but we didn't really. We just went through my resume, line by line. About a week later, I got a call from someone else saying that JPMorgan Chase wanted to schedule an interview that week (this was Wednesday). We arranged an interview for that Friday morning. I met with two individuals. They asked general questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weakness, what motivates you. I was told that I would be contacted within about 5 days since they were almost finished interviewing people, but I wasn't. So, I called back the initial person who had contacted me and was told that they went with someone else. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone was extremely friendly.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Walk-in Interview.
First was the aptitude test. Questions were based on logical reasoning, english, quant,etc.
Then interview with manager.
Then HR round.
Process took 2 weeks.
(It can even go upto 7 rounds of various interviews.)

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – First round- Speak about a random topic
2nd round- Aptitude
3rd round- E-mail writing
4th round- Technical Interview
5th round- HR Interview
6th round- Telephonic

Interview Question – Are you the kind of person who sits in front of the computer and work whole day? Do you prefer working in such condition?   View Answers (2)

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, they scanned all my past back in 10 years (job, school, etc.) any time spaces, needed to be explained any my lawyer needed to provide a declaration, that what I'm saying is true and the "whole" in my CV is really travelling and I wasn't in the jail or so..

Interview Question – Tell us 3 negative things about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not long, they say take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Transaction Processing Specialist interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.