J.P. Morgan

2.9

178 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst (Sales and Trading) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Online application through their website, and a numerical test then first round interview followed by an Assessment centre. First round interview included 2 face-to-face 30 minute interviews. General competency questions along with some brain-teasers and pitching 2 stock that interests me.

Interview Questions
    • A natural disaster occurs in Manhattan. What impact does this have?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through online, got first round interview after around two weeks. The interviewer was a third year analyst in Equity Capital Markets. The interviewer was very nice and the questions he asked were not very hard but might not be differential.

Risk Analyst Interview

Applied online and was called to arrange a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was with HR who did not know much about the position but wanted to know my motivation for applying. I was called 2 days later to say I had been invited to a face-to-face interview. Met with manager and 2 associates. Was asked to talk through my CV, explain my motivation for applying, competency questions.

Risk Analyst Interview

Followed application process. Wrote application and completed relevant online tests.

Was invited to their office for an interview with a Director which was challenging and I thought I did not perform well but was subsequently invited to the assessment center.

AC was very hard and I thought I performed well. Did not get the offer as they said 'I did not seem to want the job enough' which was very annoying.

Trading Summer Interview

Online application, numerical test, first round face-to-face interview. Face to face interview first involved a paper numerical SHL test. The numerical test was followed by two 30 minute one on one interviews conducted by traders.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why the Italian economy is not performing well.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Lame interviewer who was vdry belliting and showed no interest in finding out about my aptitudes, and very confrontational at times. The interrier didn't last too long and he was very inept and un knowledgeable of the subject matter he was asking about.

Interview Questions
    • What's an abstract class, what's polymorphism, some questions regarding my background in quantum mechanics but he obviously could not comprehend a thing I said. A waste of time more like.   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Required to submit CV and cover letter and online numerical test. Called to interview and asked to resit numerical test paper version. Then had two interviews 1:1 about general motivations, why investment banking. DIscussed CV and asked about general market outlook and challenges.

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied online and passed the numerical reasoning test. I then went on to the phone interview stage. The interview lasted 40 minutes and in my opinion it didn't go well. Although, my interviewer had read my application, based on some of the questions asked, they had not understood what I had done for my PhD thesis. This resulted in a frustrating experience where, at numerous times, either I or they were confused. Needless to say, I would be extremely surprised if I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are some standard boundary conditions for a differential equation.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Submit CV + answer the competency questions!

The competency questions are very easy to answer if you have a general on-going interest in the financial markets and prior internship experience.

If not, just read up on a few things on Bloomberg/Reuters/Ft etc.

Ensure you know plenty about the company and recent news, in my interview we discussed financial issues dating back to the acquisitions made by JP Morgan in the recession.

Interview Questions
    • The typical "Why do you want to work for JP Morgan"   View Answer

Market Risk Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Online Application forms followed by first round 2 face to face interviews. General Competency based questions. 30 minutes each. Questions included why JP Morgan, why Risk, why Market Risk specifically, recent market news you found interesting, industries you are following, strength and weakness, teamwork experiences, leadership examples, career plans, example of conveying a difficult message.