J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter II Interview

Underwriter II
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I was contacted via email about a week later to take an online interview.
I logged in to the interview and sat through Chase's 11 minute introductory video.
The format for the interview was incredibly awkward. You have 15 seconds to read the question written on the screen, and then start recording your response. This format far more uncomfortable than you would think. It is next to impossible to present yourself in the same manner you would if you were sitting across a desk from someone.
The questions were generally quite specific. I feel that I did not have a chance to express my goals or interests, etc as one would want to in an interview. If you have the opportunity to take this online interview, I would suggest using a lot of the time allocated, and go off topic from the question a bit in order to better represent the points that you want to get across in the interview.
I find it hard to believe that anyone can thrive in this format of an interview, but someone obviously did a better job than I as I never received another response from them!

Interview Question – Do you know anyone that works for Chase?   View Answer

Underwriter II Interview

Underwriter II
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then an on-site interview in the market
questions a mix of talking about work experience and a little on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I don't really remember much on the specific ?'s   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!