J.P. Morgan Underwriter II Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted via email about a week later to take an online interview.
I logged in to the interview and sat through Chase's 11 minute introductory video.
The format for the interview was incredibly awkward. You have 15 seconds to read the question written on the screen, and then start recording your response. This format far more uncomfortable than you would think. It is next to impossible to present yourself in the same manner you would if you were sitting across a desk from someone.
The questions were generally quite specific. I feel that I did not have a chance to express my goals or interests, etc as one would want to in an interview. If you have the opportunity to take this online interview, I would suggest using a lot of the time allocated, and go off topic from the question a bit in order to better represent the points that you want to get across in the interview.
I find it hard to believe that anyone can thrive in this format of an interview, but someone obviously did a better job than I as I never received another response from them!

Interview Questions
  • Do you know anyone that works for Chase?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Underwriter II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone interview and then an on-site interview in the market
    questions a mix of talking about work experience and a little on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!