J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview w/recruiter followed by 1 phone interview w/hiring manager (since this was a remote position).

Interview Question – Most of the questions follow the format of "Tell me about a time when....". They focus on conflict resolution & also ask the basic questions of why you think you would excel at the job or what your greatest weakness is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company does not negotiate on salary at least for this position. Either you accept what they offer or you look elsewhere for a job.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Initial call; 2. Interview week after 3. Hiring month after the interview

Interview Question – The interview was focused basically in simple questions and the manager made so many questions about the salaries from previous companies. After leaving the company, I understood why, they do not want to pay enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation, take it or leave it... very simply

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very comfortable interview with two managers who were very friendly. Questions were pretty normal interview questions (situational), not a bad interview at all.

Interview Question – Asked me to describe a scenario where my manager wanted to do things one way, i suggested another way and was able to convince them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation, tried to negotiate salary but recruiter immediately said they were not negotiating as there were 50 people in the program and they had to keep salaries the same.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Question – How do you calculate Partnership Income?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially said no and when they increased the offer I accepted.

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Interview Details – Unusual, recruiter phone interview and 1 interview for each position.

Interview Question – Limited questions. Describe experience in this industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited.

Garden City, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Interviewer simply wanted to get a feel for who I was and my prior experience. There main concern was that i had enough background knowledge to keep up with there high demands.

Interview Question – the hiring manager interviewing you will read off a set of standard chase questions (If you have experience they are simple) he/she does ask for elaboration and will add questions based off your answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they send a letter indicating the position and salary. you accept. I did ask if the salary was negotiable and it was not.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Quick with a very direct approach. No follow up questions asked - just directive of contact from the recruiter if hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Go in knowing what you want. Be realustic for the field you are applying

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2008.

Interview Details – The usual, how many loans per day. Are you available to work overtime and weekends. How do you deal with irate sales people.

Interview Question – How do you deal with irrate sales people   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Interview Details – The actual interview last a period of 20 minutes, briefly when over my work history. Asked why did I think should be selected over other candidates. Went over my work knowledge of the financial institutions and experience working with outside contractors, investors,etc,. Lastly informed someone would get back to me if I was an candidate.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with three managers. It was one of the easiest and most comfortable interviews I have ever been on. I was offered the job right after the interview.
I would only suggest that you be yourself. It seems like they went based on my experience and personality. I was not asked any Star Questions like "Tell me one of your weaknesses" or "Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor". So I was relieved by that.

Interview Question – Tell me what you did at your last job?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!