J.P. Morgan Underwriter Interview Questions

2.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 phone interview w/recruiter followed by 1 phone interview w/hiring manager (since this was a remote position).

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions follow the format of "Tell me about a time when....". They focus on conflict resolution & also ask the basic questions of why you think you would excel at the job or what your greatest weakness is.   Answer Question
This company does not negotiate on salary at least for this position. Either you accept what they offer or you look elsewhere for a job.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you calculate Partnership Income?   View Answer
    I initially said no and when they increased the offer I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Very comfortable interview with two managers who were very friendly. Questions were pretty normal interview questions (situational), not a bad interview at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to describe a scenario where my manager wanted to do things one way, i suggested another way and was able to convince them.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation, tried to negotiate salary but recruiter immediately said they were not negotiating as there were 50 people in the program and they had to keep salaries the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

1 interview. Interviewer simply wanted to get a feel for who I was and my prior experience. There main concern was that i had enough background knowledge to keep up with there high demands.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager interviewing you will read off a set of standard chase questions (If you have experience they are simple) he/she does ask for elaboration and will add questions based off your answer.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. they send a letter indicating the position and salary. you accept. I did ask if the salary was negotiable and it was not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Quick with a very direct approach. No follow up questions asked - just directive of contact from the recruiter if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    Go in knowing what you want. Be realustic for the field you are applying

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

It was a group interview with three managers. It was one of the easiest and most comfortable interviews I have ever been on. I was offered the job right after the interview.
    I would only suggest that you be yourself. It seems like they went based on my experience and personality. I was not asked any Star Questions like "Tell me one of your weaknesses" or "Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor". So I was relieved by that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you did at your last job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

The actual interview last a period of 20 minutes, briefly when over my work history. Asked why did I think should be selected over other candidates. Went over my work knowledge of the financial institutions and experience working with outside contractors, investors,etc,. Lastly informed someone would get back to me if I was an candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

1. Initial call; 2. Interview week after 3. Hiring month after the interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview was focused basically in simple questions and the manager made so many questions about the salaries from previous companies. After leaving the company, I understood why, they do not want to pay enough.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation, take it or leave it... very simply

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Unusual, recruiter phone interview and 1 interview for each position.

Interview Questions
    • Limited questions. Describe experience in this industry.   View Answer
    Limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2008.

The usual, how many loans per day. Are you available to work overtime and weekends. How do you deal with irate sales people.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with irrate sales people   View Answer
    Non negotiable