J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions & Reviews

22 interviews

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Vice President Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

In person

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe that this company is a better fit for you than your previous one?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. When the HR offers you their pitch, always, ALWAYS ask for more as they are prepared for this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Headhunter gave me direct access to hiring manager. There was no HR intervention except for setting up the interview appointment; only got involved for background check and drug testing after the hiring offer was made. Interview was conducted in the hiring manager's office, not in a "neutral space," and the pace was directed but leisurely. Didn't have to come back a dozen times, was introduced to the hiring manager's boss and the department head on that same day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to take her through a full product/project work cycle, from idea generation to distribution!   View Answer
    The salary was so much higher than what I was currently making, that I didn't think to counter. Like an idiot, I hadn't done my research, so I wasn't prepared with comparative salary information, which is the best offense in a situation like that, even for an entry level or slightly higher position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Lengthy; took many months between interviews. Over 18 different people, 7 different meetings and included panel interviews via the web on site a the bank.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You have 48 hours to decide.

Vice President Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Called in for interview asked a couple of questions around technology and process. A Senior manager walked in asked questions on how things work. No response after that also didn't follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

An interview by the hiring manager and that was it. For other candidates, a few people talk 30 minutes each to decide. It seemed too quick a hiring decision to some extent.

Interview Questions
    • After I joined the firm I noticed depending on who conducted the interview it varied significantly. Some ask what appeared to be outright inappropriate questions, some ask too many technical questions no one can answer, and some ask almost no question and give a free pass to the job.   Answer Question
    They stressed they operated by the total compensation. I was repeatedly told not to pay too much attention as to base vs. expected total comp. They seem to honor that system.

Anonymous Employee  in  Whippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at JP Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Average technical interview process with a panel from the team. Team members were nice and so was the Manager.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. The group asked generic questions

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to have a final interview with the MD from London and the experience was horrible. First the guy asked me to explain SLA architecture - later I figured out that he meant SOA Architecture.
      He seemed to a moron who has worked all his life as a Auto show room Manager.
        Answer Question

Vice President Interview

long and tideous - HR are slow moving.

extensive 2 interviews.. both technical.. on java, unix and finance

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!