J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.5

Vice President Interview

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy. I met with many LOB managers and potential peers who asked very good questions. Human resources contact was knowledgable and helpful. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Three interviews over the phone (HR, hiring manager, and their manager). No technical questions. No onsite visit. It was quite long process. They did not make an attempt to learn about my skills/experience, as if I was needed as a number. One of the interviewers was talking for 30 minutes or so until I literally intervened.

The offer was below my expectations. Uncertainty about the group and the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview, recruiter was good. Clear communications and honest disclosures. I saw the job, applied for it. Overall, it took about twenty days between applying and hearing back about the position. Role was in Wilmington Delaware.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

In person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Called in for interview asked a couple of questions around technology and process. A Senior manager walked in asked questions on how things work. No response after that also didn't follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that this company is a better fit for you than your previous one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. When the HR offers you their pitch, always, ALWAYS ask for more as they are prepared for this.

Vice President Interview

Interview

long and tideous - HR are slow moving.

Vice President Interview

Interview

extensive 2 interviews.. both technical.. on java, unix and finance

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Whippany, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at JP Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Average technical interview process with a panel from the team. Team members were nice and so was the Manager.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. The group asked generic questions

Interview Questions

• I was asked to have a final interview with the MD from London and the experience was horrible. First the guy asked me to explain SLA architecture - later I figured out that he meant SOA Architecture.
      He seemed to a moron who has worked all his life as a Auto show room Manager.

Answer Question