J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Three interviews over the phone (HR, hiring manager, and their manager). No technical questions. No onsite visit. It was quite long process. They did not make an attempt to learn about my skills/experience, as if I was needed as a number. One of the interviewers was talking for 30 minutes or so until I literally intervened.

The offer was below my expectations. Uncertainty about the group and the work.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Vice President Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

In person

No negotiation

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Called in for interview asked a couple of questions around technology and process. A Senior manager walked in asked questions on how things work. No response after that also didn't follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe that this company is a better fit for you than your previous one?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. When the HR offers you their pitch, always, ALWAYS ask for more as they are prepared for this.

Vice President Interview

long and tideous - HR are slow moving.

extensive 2 interviews.. both technical.. on java, unix and finance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at JP Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Average technical interview process with a panel from the team. Team members were nice and so was the Manager.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. The group asked generic questions

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to have a final interview with the MD from London and the experience was horrible. First the guy asked me to explain SLA architecture - later I figured out that he meant SOA Architecture.
      He seemed to a moron who has worked all his life as a Auto show room Manager.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by an old colleague, had informal meetings at first and then 2 days of formal interviews with people of varying seniority. Interviews were mostly behavioral and about my knowledge of the business.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how you think of pricing and risk involved in a given transaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Back and forth was okay. Call was setup with hiring manager from team. I travelled to Columbus OH. The admin was not accommodative and very disorganized to the point of needing to correct her double bookings.

The interviews were fine. Half the people were friendly and the others were very insecure in an abrasive manner. Everyone is literally in love with 'Jamie'. I left very underwhelmed with Columbus, the office, the people, and long term prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of direct note. There was one consumer banking question that I was unfamiliar with the business terms as I come from corporate banking.   Answer Question