J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – In person

Interview Question – Last analytical thing you did   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Question – Why do you believe that this company is a better fit for you than your previous one?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. When the HR offers you their pitch, always, ALWAYS ask for more as they are prepared for this.

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – Headhunter gave me direct access to hiring manager. There was no HR intervention except for setting up the interview appointment; only got involved for background check and drug testing after the hiring offer was made. Interview was conducted in the hiring manager's office, not in a "neutral space," and the pace was directed but leisurely. Didn't have to come back a dozen times, was introduced to the hiring manager's boss and the department head on that same day.

Interview Question – I was asked to take her through a full product/project work cycle, from idea generation to distribution!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary was so much higher than what I was currently making, that I didn't think to counter. Like an idiot, I hadn't done my research, so I wasn't prepared with comparative salary information, which is the best offense in a situation like that, even for an entry level or slightly higher position.

Very Difficult Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy; took many months between interviews. Over 18 different people, 7 different meetings and included panel interviews via the web on site a the bank.

Interview Question – How will you make a difference here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You have 48 hours to decide.

Vice President

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Called in for interview asked a couple of questions around technology and process. A Senior manager walked in asked questions on how things work. No response after that also didn't follow up.

Interview Question – How do you start development process   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – An interview by the hiring manager and that was it. For other candidates, a few people talk 30 minutes each to decide. It seemed too quick a hiring decision to some extent.

Interview Question – After I joined the firm I noticed depending on who conducted the interview it varied significantly. Some ask what appeared to be outright inappropriate questions, some ask too many technical questions no one can answer, and some ask almost no question and give a free pass to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stressed they operated by the total compensation. I was repeatedly told not to pay too much attention as to base vs. expected total comp. They seem to honor that system.

Whippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at JP Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Average technical interview process with a panel from the team. Team members were nice and so was the Manager.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. The group asked generic questions

Interview Question – I was asked to have a final interview with the MD from London and the experience was horrible. First the guy asked me to explain SLA architecture - later I figured out that he meant SOA Architecture.
He seemed to a moron who has worked all his life as a Auto show room Manager.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – long and tideous - HR are slow moving.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – extensive 2 interviews.. both technical.. on java, unix and finance

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was very informal and it was obvious that the person in charge did not know how to interview.

Interview Question – There were basically no questions asked of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation I was given what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Vice President interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.