Interviews for Top Jobs at J Sainsbury
- General Assistant (8)
- Customer Assistant (6)
- Customer Service Assistant (6)
- General Assistant Night Shift (4)
- Team Leader (4)
- Counter Assistant (3)
- Night Shift Manager (1)
- 2020 People Graduate Programmer (1)
- General Merchandising Assistant (1)
- Night Shift General Assistant (1)
- 2020 Future Leaders Logistics Programmer (1)
- STY Shopper (1)
- Customer Service Assistant- Clothes (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Sales Assistant (1)
- Code Controller (1)
- Checkouts (1)
- Grocery Assistant (1)
- Sales (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Duty Manager (1)
- Department Manager (1)
- Picker (1)
- Senior Analyst Programmer (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Shelf Stacker (1)
- Cafe Worker (1)
- Oracle Specialist (1)
- Administration Support (1)
2020 People Graduate Programmer Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at J Sainsbury.
Before filling in the application, I had to do a motivational questionnaire and situational test. The application itself was straight forward - why Sainsbury's and why this Scheme? What other activities do you wish to mention which you think would support your application?
I was sent an email to confirm that I had passed the first stage but there were others whose skills matched more closely and that they would contact me within 6 weeks to let me know if I made it through. Every few weeks they sent me the same email and then after about 2.5 months, they let me take the online Numerical and Verbal tests (SHL). Passed these and got to phone interview.
- Phone interview consisted of general questions and 3 competencies.
Why Sainsbury's? Why this programme? What do you expect to achieve from this programme? Why retail? What else do you know about Sainsbury's?
A time where you had to work under pressure?
A situation where you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve a goal?
Desrcibe a time where you had to deal with a problem raised by a dissatisfied customer/client?
Much of the time seemed to focus on your understanding of Sainsbury's than the competencies... Answer Question