J Sainsbury General Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in August 2015.

Interview

Half was a group interview and the other half was a one to one interview, the group interview was basically describing what was wrong with some pictures and discussing it, the one to one interview was quite informal and the interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team. Give an example of when you received good customer service and how did it make you feel? Why do you want to work for Sainsbury's? Why are you right for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J Sainsbury

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Andover, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the Sainsbury's website, had to give personal details and answer a few job environment questions, such as what the good thing to do was in a situation and what was the bad thing you could do in the same situation. After submitting the application, I was then emailed to arrange an interview, the call lasted about 5 minutes and was just to confirm details such as references. I was then told the interview was a week later, afer the call I was sent an email informing me of the dress code (smart casual), the location, time, interviewers name and where to go when I arrived, also, what I needed to take. The interview was straight forward as I only had to answer one question then go down onto the shop floor to write about good things and things that need improvement. He said I answered in exactly the same way he would answer. He then told me about the induction period and when I would find out whether I had the job or not, then I was good to go. The interview lasted around 45 minutes so wasn't too bad. 3 day later and I was offered the job.

General Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Next day received an email and text to book an interview. Called HR to arrange a face to face interview. The interview was about an hour long, with a manager and the department manager who sat and took notes. Asked competency questions and questions relating to customer service of course. Interview was quite relaxed and interviewees were friendly. Overall process of getting the interview took less than a week, however after almost 2 weeks still waiting to hear from them.

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in August 2015.

Interview

Filled an online application, did a test online. Passed the application after got a email, call sainsbury to set a date for interview. When i went there was told to take a test in which they played a dvd, wrote the answer on paper. After that one on one interview. Only a few questions.

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Had to answer questions online then once I had passed this stage i was invited in for an interview. Interview was just about availability and I was only asked one question followed by a store tour.

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email saying I needed to contact the HR to arrange an interview date. Once I arrived at my interview I went to customer service and told them I was there for an interview and signed in. I was then taken up to the Canteen and waited for my interviewer. Once she came I was taken into the room and showed her all of my documents, proof of address and ID etc. Then she asked me "Why did I choose Sainsbury's?" After that we did a store walk and I had to note down the good and bag things about the store from a member of the public's perspective.Then we went to the tills and had to help a customer pack their bag. Lots of people said no so keep moving to the next till until someone says yes. Remember to say goodbye and have a nice day to all the customers. Then I went back up to the room and went over what I wrote down while doing the store walk. Then she just went through if I had any holiday booked, clothes sizes and other stuff along those lines. The interview was more of a chat than an interview and nothing to worry about.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Exeter, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online, which involved a questionnaire in which you had to pick the best and worst answers to questions, I was invited to the store for and interview. This involved a question part at the start, then an activity of going around the shop and picking out everything that was good and bad. Then I had to help a customer pack a bag. Then it was back to the office to answer more questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have given or received great customer service.   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urmston, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Urmston, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

well I applied for sainsbury general assistant online and I have to do online test and answer the question about best action to take and worst action. after 3 day I got email telling me that my application online was successful and they invited me for an interview. they give me number to ring on to arrange an interview in the local shop. I went for the interview it was very easy. my interviewer was very friendly. Don't get too nervous just be your self, and before you go to interview check about the company and be confident everything will be fine.

Interview Questions

• tell us about good and bad customer service ? when have your work in a team and   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer made me feel at ease quickly and told me that the interview would consist of two parts. This comprised of the standard face to face part and then an assessment on the shop floor. I was asked pretty routine questions i.e.Why do I want to join Sainsbury's, What skills could I offer, My availability, Why did I want to leave my current employment, Uniform size. Then I was handed a clipboard and led out to the shop floor. My brief was to pretend I was a mystery shopper, and identify ten points that Sainsbury's were doing really well, and ten where improvements could be made. I was also requested to engage with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• What appealed to me about working for Sainsbury's   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Ipswich, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on line and then a few days later I was invited in store for an interview with the manager. It was quite an easy and very informal and was more like a chat. he asked about my availability and when I could start working. After 3 days I got an email saying I got the job! Just make sure you know things about the company and you'll be fine!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sainsburys Why do you want this job When was the first sainsburys store opened What skills can you bring to the team   1 Answer