J Sainsbury Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.3

Floor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Online test followed by a face to face interview and another test. Then had two days of training with group. Sat a test at the end, but was basically given the answers.

Online Shopper Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online, and then filled in a questionnaire about what to do in different scenarios. After passing that I received a text telling me to call them which I did.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work the hours advertised? Are you okay with handling large amounts of alcohol? Are you currently studying at college or university?   Answer Question

Duty Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

First there's initial interview, so the store manager can get to know you. There's no pressure or difficult and tricky questions. Just simple recognition. They will tell you about the job, salary, work regulations, schedule. And will ask you about your past, your experience, and your plans for the future. Then there's phone interview. It's about 20 minutes long, and they will ask you to tell them why on your opinion you're suitable for the job. Second exercise is difficult customer, and customer recovery process. You have to give them an example of conflict resolution situation you had in your previous jobs and its outcome. Final step is assessment. They will give you an example email from your boss who's on holiday and with limited email access. You'll have to read it, and explain what main problems are, give an example how to solve those problems, sort them from most to least important, and project the outcome of your decision. They'll give you 15-20 minutes to do that and you'll have a pen and paper to make notes you can use while you're giving your answers.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Sainsbury's?   Answer Question
    • What personal qualities do you have, that in your opinion make you suitable for the job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decided to leave your previous job?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Had to answer questions online then once I had passed this stage i was invited in for an interview. Interview was just about availability and I was only asked one question followed by a store tour.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J Sainsbury (Ipswich, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on line and then a few days later I was invited in store for an interview with the manager. It was quite an easy and very informal and was more like a chat. he asked about my availability and when I could start working. After 3 days I got an email saying I got the job! Just make sure you know things about the company and you'll be fine!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sainsburys Why do you want this job When was the first sainsburys store opened What skills can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Counter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J Sainsbury (Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview has 3 parts, Part 1: Individual interviews (15 mins). Mainly background questions - Right to work in UK etc. Why you want to work for Sainsbury's. General information about you; relevant experience, plans for next few months. Career interest. Job description. Part 2: Group Activity (15 mins): Candidates look at 2 images each on sheets. Have to describe situations and possible problems/hazards and what action should be taken. First part: Candidates present their images individually. Second part: Talk about images as group. Part 3 FINAL: Individual Interview (Why you want to work for Sainsburys). Qs include; Why Sainsbury's. What skills do you have that are relevant based on past experience for the role. And one final task with another image (like from part 2) with same task to describe situation. Good luck! I believe you hear back by text, I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sainsbury's? What experience do you have that is relevant to the role? Describing images   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melksham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J Sainsbury (Melksham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

first apply online, do online testing .Then received email to call. Arranged for a personal interview. Got an email prior to interview explaining what to bring with me, and how to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys? Example of good customer service Do you have an example of bad customer service based on your own experiences?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J Sainsbury in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone then face to face. Was told my answers were excellent, but a week later recieved an email saying whilst I had the skills they were looking for, they had decided not to offer me a job? Was told to contact the HR department in the not yet open store i applied to. Extremely frustrating!

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you? Tell me how you would treat every pound as your own? What would you find difficult about this job? How do you prioritise tasks?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J Sainsbury in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Next day I've received my invitation to an interview in the store I applied to. Person who interviewed me was very nice. They took me down to the store and they asked me to write down things I would improve and things Sainsbury's is doing well. They also asked me to pack the bags for customers. Then I went back to their office and they asked me to describe my reaction to situation presented on the image they gave me. You have to look very carefully for small details! Then I was asked the questions below. Next day I got an email with job offer and I've got my induction day very soon.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After passing the online situational test, I was contacted for a telephone interview which lasted about 20-30 mins. They asked questions based on skills and previous experience and your reasons for wanting to work for them. After passing that, I was invited to a face-to-face interview which lasted about 15 mins and was no different from the telephone interview. Though all in all, I ended up staying for an hour as I was doing some comprehensive work regarding the role prior to the 1:1. I did this by watching a dvd about sainsbury's and writing down some of the key qualities of the job role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sainsbury's? Who are our competitors? When have you gone above and beyond for a customer? What is good customer service?   Answer Question