J. W. Hunt and Company Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. W. Hunt and Company

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. W. Hunt and Company (Columbia, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied through the college job site. Accepted a time slot and then interviewed on campus and once more for an office interview. Sat down with one partner and had a general discussion about the firm, the public accounting industry, my goals and aspirations. Then talked a lot about my resume and the partner talked about what types of clients and work that would be like. A general discussion ensued about activities outside of school. So in short, some behavioral stuff, a few off the cuff accounting/auditing questions but nothing difficult, and what do you like to do in your free time. The people their seemed threatened by my presence interviewing. The office is really old looking and has an old office odor mixed in with bad hygiene, especially down one hallway where two male employees work. The work culture appeared to be one where everyone was pretending to be busy.

Interview Questions

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. W. Hunt and Company in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was informal. During the interview I was taken on a tour of the facilities and introduced to everyone. Everyone seemed excited to meet me. I was offered shortly after the interview. I liked the atmosphere and the excitement of the professionals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for J. W. Hunt?   1 Answer