J&L Marketing

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.8

Promotional Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J&L Marketing.

The interview was over the phone since their corporate office is located in Lousivlle, Kentucky. Then they fly you in to KY for training if you get hired. The interview entailed your average questions. When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?

No Negotiation

Promotion Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J&L Marketing.

Met recruiter at a career fair, had a lengthy conversation.. basic questions about who I was and then reviewing the requirements of the position and if i felt comfortable with it. Got a call about a week or two later to set up a Skype interview. Interviewed with 2 people, had some behavior questions, constant reminders and questions about if I met qualifications for positions.
    The second person on skype, camera wasnt working so interview was a bit strange.

Promotions Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Found the job through my University's site. Applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. After completion of the first I had a second interview with a higher level recruiter. Super easy interview overall you just have to be perky and happy. Pretty basic overall no tough questions

None

Promotion Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J&L Marketing.

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair and she called me the next day. She was extremely prompt and professional. The interview was via Skype and with two J&L employees. I thought having two separate interviewers was a great way for an employer to gain multiple perspectives of a potential employee and it kept me on my toes and making an impression.

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J&L Marketing in October 2013.

Initial communication is by telephone. Then, they will ask you to come for in-person interview. Jennifer Payne, the sales manager, and Kenny Alward, Territory president, conduct the interviews. Extremely pleasant, laid-back people that just want to get to know you. They don't try to intimidate you but will try to uncover your true character and whether you're mentally and emotionally strong enough to deal with the brutal beginnings in the industry while you establish yourself and your territory.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions from what i can remember. Just be yourself and be genuine.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J&L Marketing.

The interview process was quick, but had more steps than I have had in other interviews. I had to submit my resume, answer questions via email, do a phone screen, and then an in person interview.
    I did all that within 2 and a half weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me more qualified for the role, than the other candidates?   View Answer
    They were very clear about the pay and benefits from the beginning, which was fine, because they were agreeable to me.

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J&L Marketing.

The interview was about like any small company interviews. Interview with either the sales trainer, Brad, or the HR Manager, Kalyn. Both are very nice people and if you have a good attitude then you should get hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, this is our offer, take it or leave it.

Promotions Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J&L Marketing.

The interview was very laid back and relaxed but still covered some very important questions. I understood the job description a lot better and all of my questions were thoroughly answered. After I got the job, I was taken to Kentucky for a full training session that was very comprehensive as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or particularly difficult. Just the basic "Getting to Know You" type questions.   Answer Question

Promotions Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J&L Marketing in September 2012.

I first heard about the position through my university's career center. I applied through email and was contacted a few weeks later by email from a national recruiter. She said she was impressed by my experience. First she sent some information about the position and said to contact her if it still seemed like something I wanted to do. It did, so once I got back to her we scheduled a phone conversation in which she basically answered all of my questions about the position and really went into detail about what I would have to do. There weren't really any surprises except for the fact that they fly you to Louisville for training if you get the job, which I thought was cool.

So then I had to schedule a final phone interview in which I had to call an 800 number at the set time. She told me the interview would be 2 parts and that she would conduct one part and her co worker would do the other part. When I called, however, her co worker told me that the recruiter I had already been communicating with was held up at lunch and that she would do the entire interview.

I thought it would be fine but then the interview was EXTREMELY dry. It sounded like she was reading from a paper the whole time and not even listening to my answers because she just went right to the next question afterwards and didn't follow up on any of the things I said. I felt like I was filling out a form instead of doing an interview, which was very strange because all of the interactions I had had with the company up until that point were very personable and friendly. The questions were not that difficult but they weren't typical interview questions so it took some time to think. I felt like a lot of the questions forced you to admit your faults which is always uncomfortable in an interview.

At the end, she told me they were really busy with recruiting and that I probably wouldn't hear back from them until about a week or two later. However, about 2 days later I got an email saying I didn't get the offer. I felt like it was unfair because I didn't get the interview with the same person I had been in contact with the whole time. Like I said, it was an uncomfortable interview and the lady didn't comment or follow up on anything I said.

The reason I think I didn't get the job is because I had very honest answers. I didn't say anything stupid like "I hate people" (I don't btw haha)but I said stuff like I won't lie to make a sale and I think one of my best qualities is being able to get my point across successfully while still being myself. Also, I thought I possibly didn't get it because I didn't have a lot of questions but I asked all of my questions to the original recruiter on the first phone conversation, and she didn't give me any more info about the company to spark new questions. (Side note: she asks if you have questions in the beginning of the interview.)

The whole thing really threw me off because when I was talking to the original recruiter she made it seem like the final phone interview was just a formality and then I would get the job. Then the second interviewer said I wouldn't even hear back for a week, so it made me feel bad that they decided so fast they didn't want me.

Oh well, I guess.

Interview Questions
    • What negative feedback have past bosses given you and what have you done to change it?   Answer Question

Promotion Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J&L Marketing in May 2011.

Easy, called and asked basic questions like "tell me about a time when you failed".

No negotiations.