JAKKS Pacific Interview Questions

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in January 2012.

Interview process was very detailed and time consuming. HR members were very interested in knowing my strengths and weaknesses. I received a phone call shortly after applying followed by a panel interview.

Location

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in February 2012.

I had 5 interviews with different members of the team to get a feel for what they had done and what my goals were.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Just a lot of surface stuff.   Answer Question
    Ask for higher pay initially because it doesn't hurt and you aren't guaranteed a cost of living raise or even a bonus

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I applied online - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in April 2009.

2 interviews, seems nobody care about what you needs, just what they can less and get more, said 5% raise and 5% bonus, but never fulfilled. Talent people just left to a better job, and stay with brown nosed or can't find the job at the moment.

No room for negotiations

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Nothing out of the ordinary. If your portfolio speaks for itself, it's not that difficult. Interviewed with VP of creative and a couple of directors. Everyone was very pleasant. It's a very busy place, so you have to demonstrate energy, confidence and get it done attitude.
    It helps if you have experience with licensor approval process, communicating with Hong Kong, photo shoots and packaging.

Interview Questions
    The offer was fair. Did not negotiate.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in May 2009.

Casual and inviting. Received a phone call and then set up an interview. Came in and met with the two art directors and proceeded to show them my portfolio. Both were very upfront with information and knowledgeable of what lines I could be working on, gave compliments, and showed me around the building and departments.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strategy for handling tight deadlines?   View Answer
    n/a

Junior Costume Designer Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in July 2011.

Interview is easy, they are always looking for new talent because of high turnover. I was interviewed by 2 people, and had a recruiter helping. The interview is vague, they pass over your accomplishments quickly. They misjudge level of employees former accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • Can you fly immediately to Pennsylvania and accommodate moving the business to Santa Monica?   View Answer
    • Can you work on the computer and function using modern technology to design?   View Answer
    No. In fact they pressured me to accept after I asked for 2 days to read my hiring paperwork.

Junior Industrial Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in May 2008.

Submit resume. Phone call interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for JAKKS Pacific? Contribute to the Community!