JAKKS Pacific

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very detailed and time consuming. HR members were very interested in knowing my strengths and weaknesses. I received a phone call shortly after applying followed by a panel interview.

Reason for Declining – Location

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Malibu, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews with different members of the team to get a feel for what they had done and what my goals were.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Just a lot of surface stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for higher pay initially because it doesn't hurt and you aren't guaranteed a cost of living raise or even a bonus

Very Easy Interview

Packaging Designer Interview

Packaging Designer
Malibu, CA

I applied online - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in April 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, seems nobody care about what you needs, just what they can less and get more, said 5% raise and 5% bonus, but never fulfilled. Talent people just left to a better job, and stay with brown nosed or can't find the job at the moment.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Interview Details – Nothing out of the ordinary. If your portfolio speaks for itself, it's not that difficult. Interviewed with VP of creative and a couple of directors. Everyone was very pleasant. It's a very busy place, so you have to demonstrate energy, confidence and get it done attitude.
It helps if you have experience with licensor approval process, communicating with Hong Kong, photo shoots and packaging.

Interview Question – How do you perform is high a high paced environment ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair. Did not negotiate.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in May 2009.

Interview Details – Casual and inviting. Received a phone call and then set up an interview. Came in and met with the two art directors and proceeded to show them my portfolio. Both were very upfront with information and knowledgeable of what lines I could be working on, gave compliments, and showed me around the building and departments.

Interview Question – What is your strategy for handling tight deadlines?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Junior Costume Designer Interview

Junior Costume Designer

The process took 6 days - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is easy, they are always looking for new talent because of high turnover. I was interviewed by 2 people, and had a recruiter helping. The interview is vague, they pass over your accomplishments quickly. They misjudge level of employees former accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Can you fly immediately to Pennsylvania and accommodate moving the business to Santa Monica?   View Answer
  • Can you work on the computer and function using modern technology to design?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. In fact they pressured me to accept after I asked for 2 days to read my hiring paperwork.

Junior Industrial Designer Interview

Junior Industrial Designer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in May 2008.

Interview Details – Submit resume. Phone call interview.

Interview Question – What makes you perfect for this job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for JAKKS Pacific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JAKKS Pacific interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by JAKKS Pacific employees and interview candidates.