JAKKS Pacific Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.2

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Interview

Slow to interview. No procedures in place. Very unprofessional. Kept calling and apologizing for cancelling interviews. Long waiting periods at interview. Unless you haven't any other options for employment, I would not interview with them.

Junior Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Interview

It was hard to get the interview but after coming in and talking to people I got it. The interview its self was not that bad, they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you contribute in the work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me more than what I asked for.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. If your portfolio speaks for itself, it's not that difficult. Interviewed with VP of creative and a couple of directors. Everyone was very pleasant. It's a very busy place, so you have to demonstrate energy, confidence and get it done attitude. It helps if you have experience with licensor approval process, communicating with Hong Kong, photo shoots and packaging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair. Did not negotiate.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Malibu, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with different members of the team to get a feel for what they had done and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Just a lot of surface stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for higher pay initially because it doesn't hurt and you aren't guaranteed a cost of living raise or even a bonus

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very detailed and time consuming. HR members were very interested in knowing my strengths and weaknesses. I received a phone call shortly after applying followed by a panel interview.

Location

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Casual and inviting. Received a phone call and then set up an interview. Came in and met with the two art directors and proceeded to show them my portfolio. Both were very upfront with information and knowledgeable of what lines I could be working on, gave compliments, and showed me around the building and departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your strategy for handling tight deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Malibu, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

2 interviews, seems nobody care about what you needs, just what they can less and get more, said 5% raise and 5% bonus, but never fulfilled. Talent people just left to a better job, and stay with brown nosed or can't find the job at the moment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiations

Junior Costume Designer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in July 2011.

Interview

Interview is easy, they are always looking for new talent because of high turnover. I was interviewed by 2 people, and had a recruiter helping. The interview is vague, they pass over your accomplishments quickly. They misjudge level of employees former accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Can you fly immediately to Pennsylvania and accommodate moving the business to Santa Monica?   1 Answer
    • Can you work on the computer and function using modern technology to design?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. In fact they pressured me to accept after I asked for 2 days to read my hiring paperwork.

Junior Industrial Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific in May 2008.

Interview

Submit resume. Phone call interview.