JC Bamford Excavators Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JC Bamford Excavators in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, waited a couple of weeks and received initial contact email. Scheduled a phone interview and had one the next day. Never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• trick question that did not need to be asked especially for a phone interview   Answer Question

Undergraduate Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JC Bamford Excavators (Rocester, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted a CV and Cover Letter. I was then called and asked to attend an assessment day at the HQ in Rocester. The day consisted of an technical assignment, group assignment, presentation of your own choice. Letter then to say I'd been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've faced failure in a task?   Answer Question

Purchase Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JC Bamford Excavators (Pune (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was set up by our college, and we traveled as a group to JCB Manufacturing. I was interviewed by two members of the Purchase Department at JCB Pune. The interview consisted mostly of technical questions. Interviewers were very cordial and approachable. The purchase department has an excellent work culture. The people are friendly and helpful, and helped ease me into the company. Knowing mechanical engineering basics is necessary for the interview. Questions were not particularly hard.

Interview Questions

• What is the process for manufacturing a sheet metal part? (part drawing was provided)   Answer Question
    • How does a tracked excavator turn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was made immediately after the interview. No negotiations, I accepted what they were offering because JCB is a big company and would offer great exposure for an intern like me.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at JC Bamford Excavators (Rocester, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was a 4 part interview. Team building, reactions in a crisis, prioritising and face to face interview. As I was applying for the Supervisors position I had two interviews with the Security Director and Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negation phase.