JCI

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Manager Interview

Holland, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JCI in January 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews over Christmas holidays, and one all-day visit with a presentation required from me. Verbal offer was made the next day. Really pleasant, professional, thorough, and no weirdness. It was a really good experience all around. The people here are excellent and all pros. The work culture is work hard, all hands on deck. Even for my level of experience and seasoning, this was a breathtaking jump on the train. It wasn't just hit the ground running, it was more like running and screaming! I barely had what it takes to keep from drowning in the first 3 weeks. Now starting to get my "sea legs".

Interview Question – Why are you here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - only for vacation weeks

Vice President - Power Solutions Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at JCI in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communications were fine. Phone interviews with the recruiter and functional experts were challenging but went well. The on-site with many of management was mixed - some were very good and a few were strange - they seemed either disinterested, interested in only themselves or arrogant. The follow up after the interviews as abysmal.

QA Engineer Interview

Interviewed at JCI

Interview Details – 3 interviews, hr, technical, language

Interview Question – Explain chalenging situation and how did you escaped from it :-)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JCI in March 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview, I think I waited 2 weeks to hear from HR and another 2 weeks to get the offer. It was a roller coster ride, I thought I had the job and than I talked to HR and thought I did not have the job.

Negotiation Details – Fair, did not say to much I was happy with the offer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at JCI in October 2009.

Interview Details – Received a call from the HR group followed by a supplier that sent a video conference equipment.
3 team members and finally hiring manager interviewed. Intial questions about skill set and past work experince, reason for changing job. Situational questions about confrontation in team, most satisfying moment, most challenging moment. Emphasis was certainly on experince and fit.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for JCI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JCI interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by JCI employees and interview candidates.