JCP Portraits Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Beavercreek, OH).

Interview

I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. My manager interviewed me and she was a down-to-earth type of person. She asked a range of questions dealing with photography, but nothing about the interview nerve racking.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JCP Portraits.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. The job however is not. My person I was hired by was the same person that was suppose to train me but didn't do a very good job so I had to figure out everything alone and get help from co workers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you ask a lot of questions in the interview as to what you will be doing an what task you have to complete I wish I would have know before I took the job.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview shortly after. The interview was the next day. The questions were simple, they asked about photography and sales experience. They'll have you show your sales skills.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. Took about an hour. Basic questions about education and work experience. They gave us a tour of the place after the interview. I was not fond of the whole interview experience or what the place looked like and it made me not want to work for those people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience and can you elaborate on that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Novi, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a group interview in the food court of the mall, and got hired right after. Really it was supposed to be a group interview, but nobody but me showed up. The questions were simple, nothing tricky. Basically if you have even a smidgeon of artistic background and don't hate kids, you're in.

Sale Associate & Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits.

Interview

Very simple. Know how to talk to people. And how to push a button. The rest is pretty much given to you via a bunch of really boring videos and computer training stuff.

Negotiation

It's not a negotiable job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Woodbury, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I was taken into one of the studios, sitting down with the manager. She asked the usual questions, 'Why do you want to work here?' 'Why should we hire you?' The interview went quite well, and the manager was very nice. After my interview, I was told I'd be called back in for the training process. (paid) The training process was in a group format. There was a total of about 10 people for this process. We were lectured about the company and went over important information, for example, how to pose, sell, greet customers, etc. We were trained how to use the camera by live demonstrations and workshops. We were all then given login details for our new Lifetouch account. In the account, you set up your banking information and Studio ID information. There was also a number of tests that were mandatory. After all the tests and training was complete (4 days I believe) you were set to work. I was hired for the Sales Associate position, but given the option to work as a photographer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with the idea of relocating?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

The first question was: Do you like kids?. I answered yes. Obviously you need to like children to work here. Be sure that you can deal with all kinds of kids. I was honest with my interviewer and had also brought a portfolio of my other photography work. Dress for the occasion. If you go into the interview in ripped jeans and a t-shirt, you will make a bad impression. You are going to be dealing with the public. So dress nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

It was short and did not need a lot of information. Basically walked in and got the job. Told her I had previous photography skills and she said that did not matter.

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JCP Portraits (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Applied online through Lifetouch photography's website (they provide photographers to JCP and several other studios) I received a call within an hour and the interview was scheduled that day. The interview and job seemed very focused on sales rather than photography. I didn't have experience in sales so the manager asked me to sell him his pen. A few other general questions. I received a call on monday (interview was on saturday) offering me the job, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• What would you add to our team/why should we hire you?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because while I was there I was waiting for my interview I was able to witness how the studio operated. The associates were unhelpful and the customers were angry. One employee refused to help some customers because she "didn't feel like it." All around, everyone at the location created a pretty toxic work environment that I didn't want to be apart of.