JCP Portraits Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.2

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JCP Portraits.

The interview was quick and easy. The job however is not. My person I was hired by was the same person that was suppose to train me but didn't do a very good job so I had to figure out everything alone and get help from co workers.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you ask a lot of questions in the interview as to what you will be doing an what task you have to complete I wish I would have know before I took the job.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JCP Portraits in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call for an interview shortly after. The interview was the next day. The questions were simple, they asked about photography and sales experience. They'll have you show your sales skills.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at JCP Portraits in August 2014.

I had a group interview in the food court of the mall, and got hired right after. Really it was supposed to be a group interview, but nobody but me showed up. The questions were simple, nothing tricky. Basically if you have even a smidgeon of artistic background and don't hate kids, you're in.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JCP Portraits in August 2014.

It was a group interview. Took about an hour. Basic questions about education and work experience. They gave us a tour of the place after the interview. I was not fond of the whole interview experience or what the place looked like and it made me not want to work for those people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any customer service experience and can you elaborate on that?   Answer Question

Sale Associate & Photographer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JCP Portraits.

Very simple. Know how to talk to people. And how to push a button. The rest is pretty much given to you via a bunch of really boring videos and computer training stuff.

It's not a negotiable job.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online – interviewed at JCP Portraits.

The first question was: Do you like kids?. I answered yes. Obviously you need to like children to work here. Be sure that you can deal with all kinds of kids. I was honest with my interviewer and had also brought a portfolio of my other photography work.

Dress for the occasion. If you go into the interview in ripped jeans and a t-shirt, you will make a bad impression. You are going to be dealing with the public. So dress nice.

No negotiation.

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JCP Portraits.

Applied online through Lifetouch photography's website (they provide photographers to JCP and several other studios) I received a call within an hour and the interview was scheduled that day. The interview and job seemed very focused on sales rather than photography. I didn't have experience in sales so the manager asked me to sell him his pen. A few other general questions. I received a call on monday (interview was on saturday) offering me the job, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • What would you add to our team/why should we hire you?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because while I was there I was waiting for my interview I was able to witness how the studio operated. The associates were unhelpful and the customers were angry. One employee refused to help some customers because she "didn't feel like it." All around, everyone at the location created a pretty toxic work environment that I didn't want to be apart of.

Studio Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JCP Portraits in July 2013.

Applied online, got a call a few days later from the studio manager asking for a phone interview. A few days afterwards, I went in for a group interview, talked about experiences in previous jobs, life, etc... During the group interview, we watched a short video about the job experience and also went into the camera room to test our photography skills. Got the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult experience and how you solved the issue.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at JCP Portraits in October 2012.

I filled out the Application at one store, around the beginning of October and got called in for a group interview 3 at a time with 3 different store managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if we were swamped and there was a child crying while his/her mom was selecting merchandise?   View Answer
    They offered me 2 stores to choose from.

Sale Associate & Photographer Interview

interviewed at JCP Portraits in October 2012.

I emailed my resume after seeing a posting on a job site, I was given a call the next day and asked to come in for a group interview. We were asked about our experiences as well as personal backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • She handed us a camera and asked each one of us to take a picture of another girl, the key was to take three different shots without moving the person.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was basically, this is it do you want it as is?