JCP Salon & Spa Interview Questions

1.6

Stylist Interview

Interview

the hiring is simple you get an interview then you go for a drug test if hired and then its on from there ok ok ok its quite nice I love it its wonderful good luck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Interview 1on 1

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly

Salon Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (Newport News, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a two-part process which was broken down into the sit-down (talking) interview followed by the technical interview. Each interview was handled in a very professional and timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest area of opportunity? That one always gets me!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They tell you what you will be paid and you either accept or decline.

Salon Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Started out on the floor, the Asst. Store Manager recommended me to the Salon Leader. Interviewed about selling techniques, how you feel about offering recommendations on product for different types of hair.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard, if you're planning on opening your own salon, do NOT mention that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a pay that was higher than out on the floor, I accepted.

Senior Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (North Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Jcp does a back ground check, and training is a few day process but paid. good company

Salon Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer, AL

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (Bessemer, AL) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewing took a process of a couple interviews. Manager was untruthful. She explained everything to be wonderful, and when i actually worked there, it was nothing like it seemed in the interview. If you are interested in JCPenney Salon, please take my advice, and keep looking. She told me i would start out at 8 or 9 dollars and hour, and i ended up starting at 7.25. All stylists are paid 7.25 if you are a designer. Master stylists are paid 7.47. The more hours you work, the harder it is to make commission. You must average 11 dollars an hour for the 1st 3 months of your career to make commission, 13 dollars after 3 months and so on. The manager stressed to me how busy the salon was and it was "booming." Only to find out, it was very slow. The most walk ins that i personally saw come into the salon a week was an average of 3 people. I was very disappointed to know that the manager was untruthful about the whole Salon experience and i will never work for another JCPenney salon again!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option in the salon.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa in October 2009.

Interview

Took more time than anticipated. Seemed the training department had a few hiccups, trying to train a new person to help in the position, as the regular person had a number of health issues. Initial interview with salon manager went well. Training for store practices and culture seemed drawn out.

Master Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa (Omaha, NE) in February 2008.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming ensuring I understood the ins and outs of the job. The manager made me feel especially welcomed and was willing to allow some flexibility in my schedule considering I was attending college at the time. It is one of my best interview experiences to date.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work additional hours if need be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was commission based.

Receptionist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa in May 2012.

Interview

I was asked about my life, my resume and volunteer work

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at JCP Salon & Spa in April 2010.

Interview

wasnt to bad not much needed