JDA Software

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JDA Software in February 2015.

Received call from recruiter. Interview was done in 4 phases. There were 3 pair interviews and a written test. Overall, the interview was fairly easy and straightforward. Written test is easy, just manage your time. I had some fun doing the interview. Cool, smart, and friendly people. Must have technical skills and experience with tools.

Interview Questions
    • Find the longest substring between two strings.   View Answer
    • Write a function to make add(x)(y) work in JavaScript.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at JDA Software.

Very lengthy interview process. Took six months which is too long. I was interviewed for more than one position and by multiple people, so it was a bit confusing

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JDA Software.

JDA generally does their recruiting in Waukesha through staffing agencies and do contract-to-hire. They try to be like major tech companies like Google and Microsoft using several 1-hour interviews and brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • One silly question about why manhole covers are round.   Answer Question
    You start out as a contractor at a flat rate, You negotiate your salary at the end of that period once you're already in the job and have less leverage.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JDA Software.

Began with Multiple phone calls for screening with human resources
    Then had Multiple rounds of one on one interviews
    I met with at least three interviewers of varied titles within the department
    Open style interview of asking questions in both directions
    Not intense, more focused on the person since skills were already gauged
    Big on measuring a good fit in personality

Not applicable

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JDA Software.

Multiple telephone interviews, with long delays between conversations. Final interviews in Scottsdale - 4 to 6 hours, no lunch break; new face very 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Are you used to working without the benefit of key systems and tools.   Answer Question
    Salary

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JDA Software.

I received referral from an employee for an open position. An interview with an HR rep and a lengthy application was required. Then interviews with two more people from the department. Most of the people are very friendly and helpful. The company was fair and the hiring process proceeded as I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was specific and detailed. Software experience was reviewed by an experienced professional, not HR.   Answer Question

Hardware Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I applied online – interviewed at JDA Software in February 2014.

Applied online, recieved a call from a recruiter a couple months after being initially turned down, had a phone interview with department VP, was requested to fill out background check and employment verification, then was brought in to meet with a project manager, department head, and VP. Currently awaiting further contact.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part of the interview was being asked questions about the specific position without a complete understanding of what all the company was involved in.   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JDA Software.

One phone interview with the hiring manager, one interview with development, and one interview with the hiring manager, and two vice presidents.

Interview Questions
    • What three improvements would you make to the software?   Answer Question

Office Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JDA Software.

Interview went really well. Nice facility, kind people, easy interview. However, didn't not let me ask questions or asked about myself. Should have been a flag, but I didn't not realize until I started the job.

Interview Questions
    Went really well and received what I was asking.

Corporate Global Process Owner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at JDA Software in September 2013.

Initial interview with HR, screening interview over phone, less than 30 minutes. Recruiter very friendly.
    Next interview with Hiring Manager over phone. Hiring Manager had to be out of office for 2 weeks, had to wait almost 4 weeks for in person interview.
    In office interview first with management person reporting to Hiring Manager, followed by Hiring manager interview. Both were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Not too many behavior type questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are the pitfalls in dealing with a multiple organizations and in a matrixed environment and how do you deal with them?   Answer Question