JDSU

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JDSU in April 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the use of the C++ type qualifiers; auto, volatile, const etc...   Answer Question
    • Explain what revision control is and why it is useful.   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.