JDSU Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JDSU (Milpitas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The process started with an online job application submission for the role. I was then contacted my a recruiter via email and phone to schedule a time to speak. We spoke for over an hour. The recruiter was very concerned that I came off as dry via telephone and didn't appear to be interested in the role. I had actually applied to a manager level role a couple months prior and the recruiter stated that she was concerned that I was just applying to this role out of necessity and would soon quit. Anyway after a lot of pacifying the recruiter I was contacted by a second person from HR who had a better relationship with the hiring manager. This person coached me to be more lively and excited as thats what the hiring manager was seeking. A few day later I spoke to the hiring manager via telephone. It was a standard background review with a few technical questions. She told me that I seemed qualified but wanted to speak to a few more candidates. At this point I was completely done with the company. However a week or so later the second HR recruiter contacted me to come in a meet with the hiring manager in person. The process would be come in for the hiring manager to "see" me. Potentially followed by a meeting with the hiring manager peers for another visit. And then a final visit with the group senior manager/ executive. There was no way that I was willing to go through 3 more days of interviews after I had already had so many phone interviews. I constantly felt like I had to reassure them and pacify them. It was like when you have an insecure mate constantly accusing you of cheating. They keep stating that I wasn't excited enough, interested enough, and so on that I became completely disinterested in withdrew my application from further consideration

Interview Questions

• describe the closing process.
      describe how to do a budget.
      describe how do you handle conflict.
      will you quit after a few months?

Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Regular process. Met with potential Director, then flew to meet his boss. provide technical description on previous works. answered questions. company covered all expenses. didn't work out as hiring was abruptly terminated.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, both technical and people management.
      they are very interested in what I am asking for salary.

Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JDSU (Milpitas, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

5 onsite interviews over 2 months.
    Easy online process
    Great recruiter

Interview Questions

• Its been too long to remember, but the questions were job action related and very thorough   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was fine...no nonsense. Overall, the interaction was responsive and personable. I liked how the company operated in this process. I really liked everyone I met. It all holds true today.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JDSU (Germantown, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview, with multiple directors in multiple locations. Began with discussions with external recruiters, then internal HR. Once interviews were setup, phone interviews with both California HQ, and local management team (Maryland). Final interviews were face-to-face, with regular follow up afterwards, initially with recruiter, but continued with HR once offer was extended

Interview Questions

• Experience working in teams across multiple functional business areas   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JDSU (Milpitas, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

ok

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the use of the C++ type qualifiers; auto, volatile, const etc...   Answer Question
    • Explain what revision control is and why it is useful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JDSU (Germantown, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

weak set of questions not focused on competency but on past experience

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round and not square?   1 Answer

Negotiation

little negotiation possible

Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JDSU (Eatontown, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

Found the job via a former manager. had phone conversation with Hiring manager and couple of other people in the group. Interview process was tour of the lab and discussion of previous projects that I had worked on.

Laser Scisntist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JDSU in November 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from recruiter. Then the Hiring Manager talked to me over the phone a day later to explain the job. Then, I went to a face-to-face interview with the team.

I received a verbal offer a few days later from a phone call by the Hiring Manager, and then I received an official offer letter in the mail the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? How do you manage your weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at JDSU (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

Poor communication and status. INterviews were very well planned and staged. It seemed to take long time to get hiring managers together and on the same page.

Interview Questions

• What will keep you motivated to sell if there was no additional compensation   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it