JDSU

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JDSU.

Interview Details – highly technical from IT managers to DBA's

Negotiation Details – straightforward

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor
Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JDSU in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial discussion with agency
Face to face interview with direct manager
Face to face interview with HRBP UK
Telephone interview with HR Director EMEA
Telephone interview with Global HR Manager

The interview process wasn't too difficult but it was lengthy and there was added pressure having to speak to such senior level people in the company. It was managed well and the interviews were conducted within a two week window.

Interview Question – None - mostly informal discussion with some competency based questions.

I was asked a question about a US specific overtime initiative and couldn't answer the question as I didn't know what they were asking me (which I realized afterwards).
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate on salary and compared all my benefits with current employer to this job but they didn't budge. The salary was competitive so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at JDSU in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interview and the process took more than 2 moths. A first round of interviews is technical test, next 3 rounds were on ASP.net, Javascript and final round was on projects involved and the architecture.

Interview Question – I couldnt remember since i faced the interview long ago 2 months....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have not given a chance to negotiate. They just gave me the offer letter without negotiating.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at JDSU.

Interview Details – Through University Recruiting

Interview Details – 2 interviews and got offer right away

Interview Question – Interviews were easy and informal   Answer Question

Senior Automation Engineer Interview

Senior Automation Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at JDSU.

Interview Details – Submit resume to external recruiter. Recruiter setup interview schedule. Interviewed by hiring manager and other management. A panel of 2-3 people.

Interview Question – Long term career goal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Via external recruiter -- no direct access to hiring manager.

Co-Op Student Interview

Co-Op Student
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at JDSU in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a short interview, with only two people interviewing. The interviewers were late by ten minutes, so was asked to wait in the lobby where there was no receptionist. Asked questions regarding the job, however no technical questions. It lasted less than 20 minutes. The main interviewer felt uninterested in the interview, and constantly looked elsewhere.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, and no technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call two days before the interview letting me know that I should prepare for a Phone Interview with a software engineer. He called me at the indicated time and asked me a mix of technical and situational questions. The technical questions weren't too bad and the situational questions were as you would expect if you do your research.

Interview Question – Explain revision control and its uses.   Answer Question

PIC Development Engineer Interview

PIC Development Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU.

Interview Details – Phone interview on position opening information and overlap with your interest and skills, followed by on-site interview focused on technical details.
On-site: 1hr presentation and 1:1 interviews (30 minutes each) with 5 or 6 employees, managers, and 1 person from HR. Questions about PIC design, fabrication, and testing of active and passive components at chip and system level.

Interview Question – On a specific application case   Answer Question

DSP Interview Interview

DSP Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at JDSU.

Interview Details – Went on site for 4 hour interview