JDSU

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a single in-person interview with the engineering manager, followed by a plant tour, and a recap of the company needs in the manager's office. Although the engineering manager wanted me to also meet with his boss, who was not available, the hiring decision seemed to rest soley with the engineering manager. The discussion with him, including his questions, showed that he was well prepared for the process. He reflected the level of his expertise and deferred to me on issues that were my expertise, willingly admitting that I had more knowledge then him in certain areas.

Interview Question – What can you offer the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was non-negotiable (this being a contract position) but was competitive.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JDSU in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter who then passed me on to the hiring manager. Had a two hour interview with various people (2 at a time) and a brief tour of the plant. Never heard back from them after the interview to say I hadn't been selected.

Interview Question – Did you work on cars or computers as a kid?   View Answer

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!