JDSU

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made to me from the corporate office. Very nice communication by email and telephone. The interview was started by the department head and I met with a few more people afterwords. Once with two interviewers. With the first interviewer, I was straightforward with two points on the job description that I was lacking. He let me know that it was no big deal. The last interviewer let me know that those two points were a negative. I wasn't sure who would be making the final decision. A few days after the interview, I called to check the status of the decision making process. I could never reach the department head. Later I called the Senior Mechanical Engineer and he acted surprised that no one had contacted me. He would not tell me if I was still a candidate, but I knew by his response that I was not. The next day, the corporate office contacted me to tell me someone else had been chosen.

Interview Question – How would I design their product to make it better.   View Answer

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!