JDSU

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JDSU in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met them at a university career fair and they wanted to do an on-campus interview the next day. Got a response from them requesting me to fly out for a second interview but never heard back from them after trying to schedue the interview.

Interview Question – Say we have a doubly linked list, but the pointers have been corrupted by the computer. How can we reconstruct the linked list?   View Answer

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at JDSU in April 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.

Germantown, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU in January 2008.

Interview Details – 3 member interview discussing the C++ problems, earlier experience and Design patterns.

Interview Question – How do implement singleton pattern in C++ and observer pattern.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at JDSU in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call two days before the interview letting me know that I should prepare for a Phone Interview with a software engineer. He called me at the indicated time and asked me a mix of technical and situational questions. The technical questions weren't too bad and the situational questions were as you would expect if you do your research.

Interview Question – Explain revision control and its uses.   Answer Question

Worked for JDSU? Contribute to the Community!