JDSU

JDSU Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JDSU in February 2013.

Met them at a university career fair and they wanted to do an on-campus interview the next day. Got a response from them requesting me to fly out for a second interview but never heard back from them after trying to schedue the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Say we have a doubly linked list, but the pointers have been corrupted by the computer. How can we reconstruct the linked list?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for JDSU

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JDSU in April 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the use of the C++ type qualifiers; auto, volatile, const etc...   Answer Question
    • Explain what revision control is and why it is useful.   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JDSU in January 2008.

3 member interview discussing the C++ problems, earlier experience and Design patterns.

Interview Questions
    • How do implement singleton pattern in C++ and observer pattern.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at JDSU in October 2012.

I got a call two days before the interview letting me know that I should prepare for a Phone Interview with a software engineer. He called me at the indicated time and asked me a mix of technical and situational questions. The technical questions weren't too bad and the situational questions were as you would expect if you do your research.