JDSU Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JDSU in February 2013.

Interview

Met them at a university career fair and they wanted to do an on-campus interview the next day. Got a response from them requesting me to fly out for a second interview but never heard back from them after trying to schedue the interview.

Interview Questions

• Say we have a doubly linked list, but the pointers have been corrupted by the computer. How can we reconstruct the linked list?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for JDSU

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the use of the C++ type qualifiers; auto, volatile, const etc...   Answer Question
    • Explain what revision control is and why it is useful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JDSU (Germantown, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

3 member interview discussing the C++ problems, earlier experience and Design patterns.

Interview Questions

• How do implement singleton pattern in C++ and observer pattern.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JDSU in October 2012.

Interview

I got a call two days before the interview letting me know that I should prepare for a Phone Interview with a software engineer. He called me at the indicated time and asked me a mix of technical and situational questions. The technical questions weren't too bad and the situational questions were as you would expect if you do your research.