JE Dunn Construction

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at JE Dunn Construction.

The interview was simply explaining the role of a Project Coordinator. Of which I already had 5 years experience. So I simply answered, yes, that is what I have been doing the past 5 years... I was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They had me take a computer test that was meant for executives... It was beyond my brain level.   Answer Question
    I told them what I wanted to make, and they offered me 2k more.

Construction Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at JE Dunn Construction in August 2013.

JD Dunn has a great culture. That and they are willing to give convicted felons a second chance. It is difficult for a professional to get back into his / her's line of work. But through my networking efforts I was able to secure an interview w/ a VP. Still working on it.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining my circumstance - they were very understanding.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JE Dunn Construction in May 2011.

I emailed my resume to the department that was hiring. About 3 weeks later I got a call to do a short phone interview and set up a time for a face to face interview. The phone interview was just basic computer skill questions. The face to face interview was a couple days later. The HR person I met with was very nice and easy to talk to. She mostly asked about previous work experience not specific job skills. Then I met with 2 people that would be the head of the department that I'd work for. They asked more specific questions and wanted to know about my specific experience and skills.

The interview part was not unpleasant. Everyone I talked to friendly. The neutral overall rating comes from their lack of follow through. I sent the obligatory thank you notes, then followed up a week or so later to see how they were progressing. The only response I got was a very poorly worded ambiguous response. I never received any type of notification that they'd gone with someone else they just didn't respond to inquiries.

The office itself is very nice, they have a really nice system where they provide lunch 4 days of the week in their cafeteria. They seem to have a well established system of processes.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at JE Dunn Construction in August 2008.

Phone call then one on one. Good communication

No negotiations

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JE Dunn Construction in February 2008.

Met with Administration supervisor, we reviewed my qualification and how they compliment thier required duties. They have an exstensive list of potential duties. Reviewed computer skills and past usage. The interviewer was very hard to read, not personable, not rude but curt in manner. Refered to heavy work load expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a request to take on additional duties, even if your current work load is full.   View Answer