JEA

Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at JEA

Corporate Office Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JEA.

The entire process took 3 months from start to finish. The process is painfully slow. After applying if you meet the requirements you are schedule to take an exam, that you must pay for. Once a passing score is made you are scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview is scored and you have to make a passing score as well, once that is done you are placed on an "eligibility list". Questions asked at the interview range from education, computer software expertise, work history & hypothetical questions pertaining to possible incidents that could happen in the position & how you would handle it.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Too many steps for a position that does not pay that much. I understand that they are a public company, but it took over one and a half month of tests, interviews, etc to finally get an response

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JEA in August 2013.

The interview questions are fairly simplistic and the interview team seems to do all of the talking. If you get through the first step, plan on an eight hour session with the physiologist. Even with a good interview, it generally comes down to who you know. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions but be prepared to discuss your experience.   Answer Question

Really was not impressed with the interview team

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JEA in May 2008.

Went to interview and sat among the panel. There was a few questions from each person on the panel. I had to submit my resume, transcripts etc. After a few weeks I received an offer letter. The salary amount was the same amount offered to every candidate regardless of qualifications.