JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.2

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2009.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR rep and had a telephone interview. After that was finished, it was about two week before someone contacted me. The human resource person then had me interview with a regional manager. After that, I had to take a skills test and an online personality test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to face adversity and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Three step process of skills test, personality and integrity test and in person interview

Interview Questions

• The integrity test surprised me it's hard to imagine that could give you an accurate look at how much integrity a person has.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in November 2008.

Interview

The interview was very friendly

Forecast Planner Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2010.

Interview

had a telephonic interview which consisted of general question on CV and work experience relating to the forecasting role. was offered a 1:1 interview with the procurement maager. the interview was quiet straight forward consisting of competancy based questions and general infor mation about the company. the second part of the interview consisted of excel modelling where an excel file consisting of inventory data was provided and had to forecast the inventory requirement for the next 52 weeks for a few of the products.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Had the first interview with a recruiter. After about a week had a phone interview with the engineering director. After a month I was flown in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 5 hours with directors and engineers at the Klamath Falls facility. The interview ended with lunch with the engineering team that I would be placed on. The company called me over a month later and told me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of the most difficult engineering project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Group Manager (Operations Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Yakima, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

long and tedious. i believe i applied through linkedin and possibly craigslist. the initial recruiter passed me onto another recruiter who ended up being a know it all jerk, and i hung up on him and referred the negative feedback onto the recruiter who referred me. the poetic justice is that i got the interview even though the know it all jerk said i didnt have the six sigma training. :) in any case, i was put in with the corporate recruiter who worked exclusively with jeld-wen. after a bit of phone tag, i was invited in for an onsite interview. they were really concerned about me being "over qualified" for the position, but they really seemed like some very humble and forward thinking guys so i continued the interview. next after a few weeks, i was invited back to interview with the general manager and then stuck around for an in depth plant tour. after still convincing the general manager i am not a "flight risk" i was told to expect a call from the HR director with yet more questions. a couple weeks later and some more phone tag, i was talking with the HR director who really seemed to like me and told me he was going to put in raising the base salary with some added perks. i was offered the position a week later. all in all, a long, tedious, but rewarding experience. :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Personal Interview with Regional Manager after a "qualifying" phone call from a recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely no wiggle room on negotiation of Salary. Moving allowance can be negotiated a bit.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, then GM (site visit), then two VP's. Process took a few weeks start to finish. Really not bad at all for an international company. Very positive impression of site manager and staff. Just not the right time for this particular move. Nothing negative about the interview or the company. I believe they are sincere about turning the business around and treating their people professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Personal decision based on other offers closer to existing home. Thought I was ready to uproot but I need a few more years to make that career move when both kids are in college.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

No structure in questioning, responsibilies were never clear once hired. Interview and company appears inpressive on first impression, new hires given little direction, company like to drug test, and random drug test.

Negotiation

Poor, company is rebounding from home-building industry downturn, could not meet the area's industry match. Negotiated 2,000 more annually.

Special Order Door Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiloquin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Chiloquin, OR).

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview, they don't hire internally they hire through a temp to hire company. They mainly hire people at a bottom level and weed people on the production lines. If you can pee in a cup and stack doors you'll probably get hired on full time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of questions when I get called in. When I did get hired on full time though they do make you do a personality test and a basic fractions and math test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none since it was through a temp agency.