JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.2

IT Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at JELD-WEN in November 2008.

The interview was very friendly

Forecast Planner Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2010.

had a telephonic interview which consisted of general question on CV and work experience relating to the forecasting role. was offered a 1:1 interview with the procurement maager. the interview was quiet straight forward consisting of competancy based questions and general infor mation about the company. the second part of the interview consisted of excel modelling where an excel file consisting of inventory data was provided and had to forecast the inventory requirement for the next 52 weeks for a few of the products.

Dealer Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2009.

I was first contacted by the HR rep and had a telephone interview. After that was finished, it was about two week before someone contacted me. The human resource person then had me interview with a regional manager. After that, I had to take a skills test and an online personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to face adversity and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Three step process of skills test, personality and integrity test and in person interview

Interview Questions
    • The integrity test surprised me it's hard to imagine that could give you an accurate look at how much integrity a person has.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Had the first interview with a recruiter. After about a week had a phone interview with the engineering director. After a month I was flown in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 5 hours with directors and engineers at the Klamath Falls facility. The interview ended with lunch with the engineering team that I would be placed on. The company called me over a month later and told me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of the most difficult engineering project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Personal Interview with Regional Manager after a "qualifying" phone call from a recruiter

Interview Questions
    Absolutely no wiggle room on negotiation of Salary. Moving allowance can be negotiated a bit.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN in April 2014.

No structure in questioning, responsibilies were never clear once hired. Interview and company appears inpressive on first impression, new hires given little direction, company like to drug test, and random drug test.

Poor, company is rebounding from home-building industry downturn, could not meet the area's industry match. Negotiated 2,000 more annually.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2011.

The process consisted on an initial telephone call, followed by a telephonic interview, mostly non-technical stuff. I was told there would be two more rounds, an online personality test which I took ultimately and an on site interview, which never happened. They offered me the job without an onsite interview.

Had better option.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2011.

The interview process went on with couple of phone interview. It was initially supposed to be onsite interview but they gave an offer without calling onsite. There was normal English/Aptitude test.

I was suspicious about the offer since no onsite interview and did bit research online and had better option.

Special Order Door Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiloquin, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiloquin, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

There wasn't much of an interview, they don't hire internally they hire through a temp to hire company. They mainly hire people at a bottom level and weed people on the production lines. If you can pee in a cup and stack doors you'll probably get hired on full time.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't a lot of questions when I get called in. When I did get hired on full time though they do make you do a personality test and a basic fractions and math test.   Answer Question
    There was none since it was through a temp agency.