JLG Industries Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.5

MBA Supply Chain Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries.

Interview

Interview was with 2 JLG personnel, 1 was a senior manager for global procurement and sourcing. Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing was challenging... walk through your resume etc. Setting was informal. Interviewers were in company branded polo shirts. Overall length was 30 minutes. Single round interview with a decision given after 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• None of the behavioral questions were difficult, STAR format responses. The closing question was "What is your Favorite Book"   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries (Hagerstown, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter to "weed through the stack". Then there is a phone interview with a Hiring Manager or two.

After passing that, there was a tour of a plant (McConnelsburg, PA), and then a panel interview at the hiring location (Hagerstown, MD). The panel interview is with four people that would be a part of your team / your bosses. You then have a slight 1:1 interview with a hiring manager or two. Lastly, there is a quick interview with HR. Plan to take a full day for the process.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries (Greencastle, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from JLG in May 2014. He was interested in discussing my background and how I would possibly be a good fit for a few open positions. I bypassed the phone interview and was invited to on-site interviews in McConnellsburg, PA and Greencastle, PA. The drive from my hotel in Chambersburg to the first site in McConnellsburg took about 20 minutes. I arrived and went on a plant tour of their Manufacturing facility with another person who was interviewing. The facility was very big so the tour took a little over an hour with questions and such. I then made the 30 minute drive to another facility in Greencastle, PA. This portion of the process involved a panel interview with 4 engineers. The interview involved very typical technical questions and some behavioral questions. I then had a very short interview with HR which was unnecessary in my opinion. When all was said and done I caught a flight back home.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to make a tough decision and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Design Engineer - Powertrain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries (Oreville, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Company Paid for travel to Facility in Oreville, OH. Panel interview with pretty standard questions. Had a very brief tour of the manufacturing facility. Finally, interviewed with the HR rep. The managers seemed a bit disorganized overall.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at JLG Industries (Shippensburg, PA).

Interview

I was in contact with an HR rep, who then told me about an internship opportunity and got me in touch with the hiring engineers. I had a phone interview and was offered the position the next day

Distribution Center Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JLG Industries (Orrville, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

interview with jlg,contracted thru aerotek staffing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the job was a 2nd shift position scanning and packaging and shipping fed-ex and ups.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JLG Industries (McConnellsburg, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submited application online at company website. Was contacted by a company recruiter for an interview at the plant. Met with several plant managers for plant tour and a sit down interview. I needed to be more prepared to answer questions about my past experiance. Was a difficult interview many bosses to talk to, some were nice some were indifferent. I think I impressed some but not all so I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name some suggestion you made at work that was implemented?   1 Answer

South East Aftermarket Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries (McConnellsburg, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

My interview was almost a year ago. Overall was a great experience. Had a phone interview, a week later I drove out and met with the hiring manager and ALL the other district Aftermarket Sales Managers.

Alliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JLG Industries (Hagerstown, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

More being talked to than having a conversation. The hiring manager thought very highly of himself.

Interview Questions

• Can remember....the hiring manager did all the talking.   Answer Question

The hiring manager; Did not think it was a good fit.

Assembly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at JLG Industries (Orrville, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

It was very easy the temp service set it up i showed up for the interview and was hired the same day.