JR Simplot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Panel interview with with cross department group. They didn't appear very interested from the start. I got the impression that an offer had already been extended to someone else and they were just going through the motions. Not much more to add here other than perhaps have some less senior people participate in the interview; only interviewing senior staff doesn't give the applicant much idea how your overall culture is.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the online application and then received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for a couple days later and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? 3-5 years Why are you the best person for the job? Lowest acceptable wage? Describe your ideal workplace? Do you like work individually or in a team? Describe a difficult situation in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Both HR and technical interview together. 4-5 people took the interview, some technical persons and 1 HR. Interview duration was 30-40 min. No unexpected questions. All of them were quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe any situation where you made a difference 2) Describe any situation where you resolved a conflict   Answer Question

Supervisor In A Chemical Plant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Initial call from HR followed by a face to face. All that was asked were situational questions in your past. Over the course of a 20 year career it's hard to answer so many of that type of question in a real substantive way. I came prepared for those questions but not for the entire interview. It was a panel interview of 4 people and all they gave were first names not titles. It lasted about 40 mins

Interview Questions

• How did you improve a process. Walk us through the whole process   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager, another manager and the HR representative. Everyone was friendly and cordial as you would expect. The interview lasted for about 2 hours and was more of a conversation versus and question and answer session. The meeting was run by the hiring manager the HR rep was not very involved.

Interview Questions

• The typical "name an obstacle you had to overcome and how"?   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a phone interview with HR. Lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions, tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the job, etc. Give example of a time when...etc

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID).

Interview

Process is fairly straight forward. You apply online, wait for a recruiter to get back to you. If they like you, you'll get aphone interview, if you pass that, you'll interview with a panel of people including a recruiter for the company, and 2 or 3 managers/ supervisors. They get back to you fairly quickly if you got the job (within a week or so).

Interview Questions

• They ask lots of behavioral type of questions. So be ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caldwell, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Caldwell, ID) in July 2013.

Interview

i had to apply on line and wait to hear from the company for a couple of weeks. then i went in for a math test and written test that were on line. after that, i had to do this troubleshooting test on a crank machine. it took a long time, maybe an hour. then i had an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time when you didn't get along with others   Answer Question

Food Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel interview style, 4-5 people. Questions are engineered around situations. Ex: "Tell me about a time when.....describe the situation, what your actions were and what the outcome was". Each panelist takes turns asking a question and then they all rate you on a 1-5 scale for each question. When you leave, they add your score which is a large majority of their decision making. All panelists discuss but the hiring manager usually has the final say. Just because you have the highest numerical score doesn't necessarily guarantee you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a major decision and the information provided to you was inadequate.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Othello, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   1 Answer