JR Simplot Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.6

Energy Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JR Simplot.

It was a phone interview. Both HR and technical interview together. 4-5 people took the interview, some technical persons and 1 HR. Interview duration was 30-40 min. No unexpected questions. All of them were quite helpful.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Describe any situation where you made a difference
      2) Describe any situation where you resolved a conflict

Answer Question

Supervisor In A Chemical Plant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot.

Initial call from HR followed by a face to face. All that was asked were situational questions in your past. Over the course of a 20 year career it's hard to answer so many of that type of question in a real substantive way. I came prepared for those questions but not for the entire interview. It was a panel interview of 4 people and all they gave were first names not titles. It lasted about 40 mins

Interview Questions
    • How did you improve a process. Walk us through the whole process   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot in January 2014.

Just a phone interview with HR. Lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions, tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the job, etc. Give example of a time when...etc

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot.

Process is fairly straight forward. You apply online, wait for a recruiter to get back to you. If they like you, you'll get aphone interview, if you pass that, you'll interview with a panel of people including a recruiter for the company, and 2 or 3 managers/ supervisors. They get back to you fairly quickly if you got the job (within a week or so).

Interview Questions
    • They ask lots of behavioral type of questions. So be ready.   Answer Question
    None

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caldwell, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Caldwell, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot in July 2013.

i had to apply on line and wait to hear from the company for a couple of weeks. then i went in for a math test and written test that were on line. after that, i had to do this troubleshooting test on a crank machine. it took a long time, maybe an hour. then i had an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you didn't get along with others   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Othello, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Othello, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JR Simplot in March 2013.

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   View Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lathrop, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lathrop, CA

I applied online – interviewed at JR Simplot in January 2011.

Behavior based interview. Hardly knew anythinga bout me at the end of it.

Old culture

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JR Simplot in November 2010.

JR simplot uses behavioral interviewing techniques, questions are centered around how you would and how you have handled past and future circumstances. They ask what was the worst job you ever had and what your favorite job ever was. If you succeed in the first interview they will call you back for a second and possibly offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst employer you ever had?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you ran into conflict with another employee?   View Answer
    They offer a base salary per hour. If you would like more money they may decided to hire someone else.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2009.

Went in after a call back from submitting my resume on their website. The interviewers were not knowledgeable or wouldn't share any details on the position. They only asked cookie cutter HR questions that don't really allow them to learn anything about a person.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems have you had with your managers.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview process was quite simple as I already knew many of the people within the group from past employer activities with the company. My extensive experience in product management / development was an obvious fit for the position the company was trying to fill. Pay scale was already established and was reasonable so there was not a lot of negotiation on salary necessary..

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but again, the position that I was seeking was one that I already had many years of experience and I was already strongly familiar with the product line that the product management position was responsible for managing.   Answer Question