JSW Steel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.7

Flume Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Baytown, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email saying to reply to confirm I want an interview, and did so. A month later I finally got a date for it. I arrived at the appropriate time and then waited an hour and half for the HR manager to administer a written test, after passing the written exam my direct supervisor gave me a oral interview. After passing that I was told I would be hired pending a physical exam and drug test at a separate facility.

Interview Questions

• Math questions and reading gauges/measurements on written test.   Answer Question

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. It was a skype interview with one HR and a marketing person. Interview was easy as such with HR questions dominating over marketing questions. Nothing technical was asked as such.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why JSW? Do you like travelling? etc.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel.

Interview

there was the following process of selection for jsw . It is one technical round then group discusiion and then finally interview. In tech. it was a very basic questions from core subject. in gd it was more of current burning topics in surrounding. Interview is very basic.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

Off campus placement for final year students. Day 1- Written test: Technical Day 2- Group discussion: Topic- Effects of industrial development on environment. Day 2 - Panel Interview: Panel was really very friendly and i enjoyed my first and last job interview.

Interview Questions

• 10 years legal agreement.   1 Answer
    • How will you manage in south India under such tough circumstances.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in campus selections.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pānīpat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Pānīpat (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I am a student of Metallurgy and 1st Round was written round having 50 questions. The questions were mostly from Iron and Steel making, a few were from Physical and Mechanical Metallurgy and 3-4 questions were about locations of different units of JSW. Next round was G.D Next there was a Technical Interview round and an HR round. If you are able to satisfy the interviewer during the Technical interview round, consider yourself selected. They mostly ask questions from Iron and Steel and from your training. The HR asks only basic questions about what JSW does and tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why did you do training from a research lab instead of a steel plant (they mostly entertain people who did training from steel plants, especially their own plant)   1 Answer

Dy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JSW Steel.

Interview

Entrance test with lot of GK, Logic and technical questions, later group discussion later interview by HR and than technical, we were all asked to come to bellary than one day they did some entries made us wait for half day, than there was group discussion in front of director than he rejected candidates who didnt speak and rest of the people got jib and asked to have medical tests before appointment order is released.

CHIEF PROJECT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Bangalore (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Introduce about self and the brief about the qualification with overall experience and it was a telephonic interview. My present job profile and the present project job execution details were discussed and reviewed. I also enquired about the upcoming project details at Surabaya , the kind of machinery and the prospective suppliers and the investor. Also my nature of job an prospects.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at JSW Steel.

Interview

RESUME & SOP SHORTLISTING (Round 1): Very self explanatory. These gauge your creativity and basic psychometric questions. APTITUDE TEST (Round 2): 2 sections: Emphasis on Maths and Logic INTERVIEW: Basically a technical and an HR person ask you very basic questions (tell me about yourself, your interests and the like) Beyond that a couple of basic very familiar puzzles you can easily recognize if you have gone through some puzzle sites. Quick Maths questions to check your promptness. Also some analytical questions along the lines of “How many trees are there in the entire campus of XYZ" They aren't really looking for the right answer, just your thought process so it would be prudent to be vocal. Some normal HR questions like your favourite subject, hobbies etc may also be asked! Lastly, they do check on your project management skills so brushing up on various steps of project management helps. .

Interview Questions

• None actually. Quite simple questions asked in the process.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a Pooled Campus drive in Mangalore and a total of three colleges had attended the process. After initial PPT, a written test was taken. It consisted of a total of 50 technical questions which were very easy. After that, there was a group discussion round. GD topic was a general topic related to politics. After clearing the GD round, there were 2 interviews. First was a technical round and the second was an HR round. I think the technical round was an easy one because the person who took my interview asked some really basic questions regarding my branch and then went on with questions usually asked in a management interview. Then the HR interview was really chilled and the person taking the interview was also a very jolly type of a person. After waiting for almost 20 days, finally they sent the list of candidates selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations since it was a campus placement process. Campus selects do not have the liberty of negotiations in most cases.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Panaji (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview Process : 1. Technical test which consisted of 50 questions which we have to answer in 60 min , its all basic questions like pressure conversion , orifice meter, venturimeter .... 2. GD Round Topic : Good ideas comes up from good thinking (they gave us 3 topics and said to choose one from them) , they gave us 10 minutes for discussion and 2 minutes for conclusion. 3. Technical interview : basically they asked me nearly 30-40 questions on basics of instrumentation and electrical , questions mainly on PLC , temperature sensors , pressure sensors , weight measurement , load cell , interrupts , transformers , controllers , basically they will ask which is your interest topic and they will ask from dat subject and some basic questions on electrical circuits and transformers , converters 4. Hr Round : inthis round they basically asks , why jsw, what came up you to join in jsw.. prepare about company , who is founder , where all they located......... i was selected due to hr questions only not by technical , be confident about company and say why you are intrest in company............

Interview Questions

• so many technical questions neraly 30-40 , but the interviewer is so freindly he is expecting a very absic answers from us , so plz prepare above topics not neede in depth but a rough idea on them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

since it is a campus recruitment and we are freshers the salary is fixed which is 4.01 lpa + accomodation + transport +incentives... i was placed in dolvi plant which is near to mumbai.