JSW Steel Junior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.5

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. It was a skype interview with one HR and a marketing person. Interview was easy as such with HR questions dominating over marketing questions. Nothing technical was asked as such.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why JSW? Do you like travelling? etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for JSW Steel

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pānīpat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Pānīpat (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Written -> GD -> PI

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toranagallu (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Toranagallu (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

As the interview is a part of campus placements and campus is in self house control. It is a direct interview for the aspirants through JSWECE.

Interview Questions

• Why do you left your previous organisation ?   1 Answer
    • Will you left JSW if you feel same here also.   1 Answer

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Chennai (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Written test then shortlisting then Group Discussion and then an Interview with Technical as well as with HR.

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellary, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Bellary, Karnataka (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Hired through campus recruitment- there were more than 500 students on that single day; there was a mass-presentation about the company for like 1 hour after which was a timed (1hour) written test (objective - general engineering/aptitude/personality); for chemical engineers, there was an additional subjective test; more than 60% were screened off with the written test, results were out in like 3 hours after the test; the HR interviews followed which lasted less that 30 min; This was followed by a technical interview which again lasted around 30min; HR was easy - speak well and clearly; technical interview started with questions about my resume and later general knowledge about steel, iron making etc - again it was not very difficult but speak well. The decision about the hire was conveyed around 1.5 months later.

Interview Questions

• HR questions - What are your strengths, weaknesses, why are your grades bad in this particular semester (pointing to my transcript), career plans; tell me about yourself??   Answer Question
    • Technical - I remember vaguely having a conversation about corrosion and its prevention, something about blast furnace working principle, role of coke (coal) in the blast furnace, difference between coke and coal, general questions based on my resume, was asked again about my bad grade in that particular course/subject/semester.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there are no negotiation possibilities on a campus interview - the payscale is pretty much fixed and is mentioned in the company presentation; compensation is pretty good though!

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellary, Karnataka (India)

Application

Interview

Was a very chilled interview.

Negotiation