JT3 Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at JT3 in February 2009.

My hiring and interview experience is probably unique. Many young/new engineers are recruited from UNLV into the intern program with JT3. The company prefers local people to those they would otherwise have to move-in. I lived in MD at the time, and applied to just about every position that had the word 'engineer' in it on their website and didn't hear anything for several months. Finally, when I had the opportunity to visit Las Vegas before moving there, I called about a week ahead into the HR department and left a message (no one answered) asking to spend some time with a hiring manager to discuss the company and how I might better my resume to apply for a position, since I would be in town the following week. That phone call resulted in an interview with two hiring managers and their supervisor (both managers worked in the same division).

The first thing that happened was to sit down with the company's security manager to complete an initial background-check to gauge my suitability to work there from a security standpoint, since every position there requires a security clearance. The interview itself was pretty straight-forward, with detailed questions being asked about my experience as listed on my resume. Since I was going to return to MD that weekend, they had me step out of the room while they discussed me as an applicant (I presume), then offered me a job on the spot and sent me on my way to complete a urinalysis.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was the written test they gave me before anything else. The test included basic information about electromagnetics and radar system block diagrams, but since I wasn't expecting anything like this it caught me off guard. Fortunately, the test was not a pass/fail stop-block for applicants, but a gauge for the hiring managers to know how much on-the-job training they should expect.   Answer Question
    I stated a 5k range of expected salary which they immediately agreed to.

Data Analyst/Aircraft Product Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edwards AFB, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwards AFB, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JT3 in November 2009.

Hiring process was very straight forward and stress free. I applied for my position and several other listed openings by posting my resume on the company's website JT3.com. Once my application was submitted I was called in for an interview approximately two weeks later.

The interview was conducted by two JT3 personnel, a human relations (HR) representative and the team lead of the department with the openings. The HR representative asked administrative questions such as: "If I ever held a government security clearance and had a current driver's license?" The team lead technical questions such as: "If I had any experience with computer database entry, quality assurance program management, and Microsoft Office products?" All-in-all the interview process was very relaxing and gave me a sense that the corporation was one that held its employees to high standard.

Following my formal interview process the HR representative and team lead explained some of the benefits of working for their business. Which frankly took me a little by surprise. I was expecting one of the typical "we will call you soon" statements, but instead both members seemed more than willing to highlight reasons for choosing their corporation as a career move and answered any and all questions I had about the firm such as opportunities for upward mobility.

Interview Questions
    • "What salary would I like to be paid?" -- A question that I have trouble with on any interview. For, I didn't want to sound greedy and possibly not be selected because I was above what the company would offer, and secondly because I didn't want to sell myself short.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was more formal than the interview process. HR representative had forms for me to review and sign. I was offered an industry standard hourly rate for the type of work, and was explained the companies step promotion cycle process.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at JT3 in March 2012.

The phone interview was very simple. The supervisors for each project gave me an overview of what the projects consisted of and asked me basic questions of what experiences I've had with different equipment and programming software. There were no trick questions in these interviews as I've heard other companies asked students "brain teasers" on the spot. They just want to know what your interests are and what you are comfortable doing.

N/A

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edwards AFB, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Edwards AFB, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at JT3 in July 2010.

the interview was good, i didn't do that well though. They asked me questions that I wasn't really prepared for and gave me a test on microsoft excel after the interview. They asked basic interview questions, but I have been out of the game for a long time.

Electronic Technician III Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at JT3 in October 2010.

Review of qualifications was extensive. Managers made personal interview of each candidate. Your knowledge and skill set (electronic technician) had to be real and extensive. No BS - the interviewers have extensive experience - they're not just HR people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe radar amplifier circuit in detail.   View Answer

Worked for JT3? Contribute to the Community!