JWT Action Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at JWT Action in March 2012.

Company reached out to me due to a recommendation for an open position. After sending my resume, I was asked to come in for an interview at a time that worked best for me. After filling out paperwork, I met with the head of HR. I spent some one-on-one time with HR answering basic questions: career goals, what I can bring to the company, etc. HR was extremely friendly and made me feel at ease. I next met with the team I would be working with, again, answering normal questions. At that time, I set up my next interview to meet with the rest of the team. After the second interview, they called me back within two days to offer me a job. As an entry level position, there was no negotiating.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked that made me think off the top of my head: Most recent news story, etc. This was more so to see if I was able to come up quickly with valuable answers which is important in this industry   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at JWT Action in May 2011.

I applied for the position via e-mail. A professor of mine new an individual within the company and was willing to share the contact and provide a reference.

After a few weeks I did a brief phone interview with the media director (who is no longer with the company). That was followed up with two on-the-site interviews, the first with the three current media supervisors and the second with the media director. I also took a basic math test to prove I could use a calculator.

The human resources director got back to me a few weeks later with a verbal offer followed by a written one.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I don't remember any specific questions. The current head media supervisor likes to ask off the wall questions just to see how people react, but in general the interviews were very friendly and casual.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating due to the poor economy and total lack of comparable jobs in the market.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JWT Action in April 2012.

Typical HR phone screening interview. Professional, but with an agenda - they are building a "pipeline" of applicants, and don't really have as many jobs as posted. The interviewer was experienced and courteous, and very good at "working" the conversation. This first impression of this company was okay, but did reinforce the stereotype of a political and self-serving ad agency culture.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at JWT Action in March 2010.

At first I was interviewed by 3 people, then I went to interview with the Account Supervisor, then I interviewed with 2 other people. Overall they want to know what you bring to the table and how you prioritize. After the meeting with the first 3 people everything else was just talking about what the day to day responsibilities of the job are.

Interview Questions
    • During the day you will have multiple deadlines and lots of things going on. How would you prioritize 5 projects that you are working on, and that are all due the same day?   Answer Question
    HR doesn't negotiate at all. They are very rude about it and basically tell you to take it or leave it. And the offer the give isn't the best at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at JWT Action

Worked for JWT Action? Contribute to the Community!