JWT Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JWT (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st Contacted by Email
    2nd Phone Interview
    3rd In person interview with 2 seperate people at seperate times. 1h with each person. Total of 2 hours.
    They were really nice. Asked a lot of questions about the resume and all the past experiances. Also they ask how would you handle certain situations. Overall interview was great. The only down side was that it was very hard to get in touch with them to find out about their final decision. I finally received an email saying that the team decided to go in a different direction and that they would like to talk to me more about it. We set up the time for the call that i have never received.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JWT (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very reasonable and relaxed as most are in the industry. Definitely ask you a lot of questions and press you on your experience versus just listening to your resume elevator pitch. Overall, very fair and standard.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What specific contributions have you made in your current job?

Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JWT (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I only had a phone interview with them, but it was not very difficult. It was straightforward and lacked depth. However, they did ask me about work specifically done by the company. They asked questions regarding past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of work done by J. Walter Thompson?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JWT (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then received a phone interview followed by an offer. Most interns have some sort of a connection to someone that works here. They take around 30 interns each summer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected... "If you could host one party, what would the theme be?" and loads of Qs about my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation... One of the few NYC PAID internships

Ad Agency Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at JWT.

Interview

Was fine up until they told me I would hear back at a certain time. I came in for three interviews, that's a lot if time! I was told by the third I would hear on a certain date. That came and went and I heard nothing. I followed up with them and they ignored me. I assume I did not get the job and that they will never let me know one way or the other. Probably a blessing in disguise!

Interview Questions

• Name a problem and how you worked through it.   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JWT in August 2014.

Interview

First interview with HR, followed up by interviews with 2 account service team members the very same day. HR shared the feedback of the team and organized the 4th and last interview.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at JWT (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically I had a recruiter bring me in, pump me up, sell me as a genius and then it was the easiest process I've ever been through. My boss informed me in the interview that he was leaving, which was weird.

Interview Questions

• What brands do you follow? Really? Who asks a questions like that? Someone who doesn't know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Three to four offers and counters.

Strategic Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JWT.

Interview

Multiple interviews. I was brought in 3 or 4 times. Took a while

Interview Questions

• As long as you prepare there were not too many hard questions asked   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at JWT (New York, NY).

Interview

HR was really friendly -- got a phone interview through a connection

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that not a lot of people know   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Interview

Interviewed at JWT India. A really unexpected experience - they forgot (mixed up?) why they had called me in, hadn't done their research and were a bit condescending. It's a great brand and I was ready to be wowed. However the interview really put me off the brand and I declined the next round.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in an internship? (this despite having 3yrs of work exp)   Answer Question