JWT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JWT.

Applied online and then received a phone interview followed by an offer. Most interns have some sort of a connection to someone that works here. They take around 30 interns each summer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected... "If you could host one party, what would the theme be?" and loads of Qs about my resume   Answer Question
    No negotiation... One of the few NYC PAID internships

Ad Agency Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at JWT.

Was fine up until they told me I would hear back at a certain time. I came in for three interviews, that's a lot if time! I was told by the third I would hear on a certain date. That came and went and I heard nothing. I followed up with them and they ignored me. I assume I did not get the job and that they will never let me know one way or the other. Probably a blessing in disguise!

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem and how you worked through it.   View Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JWT in August 2014.

First interview with HR, followed up by interviews with 2 account service team members the very same day. HR shared the feedback of the team and organized the 4th and last interview.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at JWT.

Basically I had a recruiter bring me in, pump me up, sell me as a genius and then it was the easiest process I've ever been through. My boss informed me in the interview that he was leaving, which was weird.

Interview Questions
    • What brands do you follow? Really? Who asks a questions like that? Someone who doesn't know.   View Answer
    Three to four offers and counters.

Strategic Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JWT.

Multiple interviews. I was brought in 3 or 4 times. Took a while

Interview Questions
    • As long as you prepare there were not too many hard questions asked   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at JWT.

HR was really friendly -- got a phone interview through a connection

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that not a lot of people know   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Interviewed at JWT India. A really unexpected experience - they forgot (mixed up?) why they had called me in, hadn't done their research and were a bit condescending. It's a great brand and I was ready to be wowed. However the interview really put me off the brand and I declined the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in an internship? (this despite having 3yrs of work exp)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at JWT.

HR called me, met with several people. Interviewed about 3 times. HR was kind and responsive, head of HR took an interest even at my level. A little chaotic, but everyone was friendly and kind.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the biggest mistake you ever made and what did you learn from it?"   Answer Question
    Straightforward. Dealt with HR.

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at JWT in March 2013.

I met with JWT for the first time for what I thought was an informational meeting with one of their executive producers. By the end of the that meeting, I realized that JWT had just been awarded a couple big new accounts and were looking to staff up. That night I got a call to come in the next and meet with the Head of Production. A couple weeks later, after various emails back and forth, I got a call from the Head of Production giving me an offer

Interview Questions
    • If your life is a screenplay, pick one page that you think best describes who you are as a person and why?   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation. I was asked my salary requirements before the offer was given, and ended up being offered the upper end of the salary range I provided. Fairly accommodating on start date.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JWT in February 2013.

The interview process was extensive and required 5+ interviews and a decent amount of follow-up. Ideal for someone with a current job looking for a change, but stressful for someone without a job looking to get hired quickly. It helps to know someone within the agency in order to get a call back; blind resume submission may not get responded to.

Interview Questions
    • Personally did not find any of the questions unexpected or difficult. Standard interviews were my experience. However, did have one challenging interview with the "silently waiting for you to sell yourself" act. Just be fun and roll with it.   Answer Question
    I went back and forth 4 times on the offer from JWT. I had negotiated with one person from HR, and then the offer letter did not affect the agreed upon terms, so it was re-issued multiple times before it was correct and I accepted. HR prefers to communicate via email so be prepared to have a strong written argument for what you want.