Jabian Consulting

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jabian Consulting

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in April 2012.

The interview process included 2 HR interviews, a 2:1 in person interview, then a final interview with the 3 Partners of the firm. Also, there was an online personality test (where some guy over-analyzes every answer, and therefore the applicant is forced to carefully think the anticipated perception of each answer... so what good does this really do?)
The final 'White-Boarding' presentation interview was tough. I'm sure there is a different rubric for different experience levels, but the interview approach is the same regardless of experience or intended role in the company. As a consultant with 3 years experience the scenario of me representing the firm for an initial brainstorming meeting with the CEO and COO of a new client that has a new problem they don't understand is..... ridiculous. Obviously that is what the Partners are there for. So to judge all candidates based on this final interview method leaves a one-dimensional work force that is capable of excelling at this one particular exercise.

Based on the interview method and acting scenario the founding Partners come off arrogant, rude, and leave you with no desire to work for them... can't speak to if this goes away upon starting work.

Interview Questions
  • The "White Boarding" question. I don't remember the exact details. Something about Company A merging with Company B and Company A Execs saying: "What do we do now?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jabian Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in January 2011.

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Set up phone interview followed by in-person interview with HR director. Second group interview with 2 consultants. Took a test called TriMetrix to measure behavior, attitudes and values. Final panel interview with all 3 partners - asked to walk through scenario and describe how I would approach solving the issue.
    Interviewing was pretty easy, no high pressure scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    Was not able to negotiate anything. Can try but depends on situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in December 2010.

The interview process started with a phone screen, following by an in-person interview with the HR Director with pretty standard questions (walk through your resume, why Jabian, career plan, strengths/weaknesses, what is your unique talent you bring to consulting, etc.). Throughout the process, you may get invited to Socials where other Jabian employees are present. Everybody is very nice and open to networking. The Social is an opportunity to meet other consultants and get to know the firm. Treat it as a formal recruiting event (be professional, dress appropriately, be open to chatting with anyone and everyone, don't get drunk). Pay attention to details about THEM (will help in the next interview) as well as showcasing yourself. After that, you have an interview with consultants who go through the standard skills/behavioral interview questions. It is pretty easy-going and remember you may have met these people at the social. Final interview is with the partners. Initial conversation is interview chit-chat, but the final part is a 15 min role-playing exercise. Be prepared to showcase your talent. It is a performance so take the role and be in the moment. It is your typical case interview format; broad business problem/challenge/situation, time to ask questions, and then articulate your solution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in April 2010.

The interview process begins with a phone interview with the Recruiter. The next interview is in person with the Director of HR. The next interview is in person with several line employees ranging from Manager to Director. The final interview is with the three Partners who own the firm. In the final interview 15 to 20 min is used as a role playing exercise where the interviewee is the Jabian consultant and the three Partners represent a existing client with a very broad need. The interviewee is given a brief summary of the situation and about two minutes to ask questions (with most answers being "we don't know yet") prior to beginning the exercise. The interviewee must go outside the room and knock on the door to begin. FYI, during the exercise the interviewee is expected to write on the white board (even if the situation would seem not to call for it). I don't have an explanation for the requirement to write on the white board, I just know I was specifically told to write on the white board...even tho the situation was an initial meeting regarding a very broad need. So whatever you do WRITE ON THAT BOARD! Maybe it's an Accenture thing (all three partners are ex-Accenture). I had an interview at another company with another ex-Accenture person and she was very board oriented as well.

Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jabian Consulting in July 2010.

Phone scree, 1:1, panel, partner